AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Looking for 2 month apartment or condo rental

Posted By: deadserious

Looking for 2 month apartment or condo rental - 08/08/08 10:42 PM

My wife and I will be spending two months in San Pedro this December and January and will be needing lodging during that time. We'd like to rent a condo or apartment that might be similar to something that we would be renting when we move down there full time, so not necessarily a vacation rental.

I know most people want 6 month lease or more, so if anyone knows of something, please let me know. We are not looking for anything too special, but it should be close to or in town, should have one bedroom and must have an excellent internet connection.

Thanks all.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Looking for 2 month apartment or condo rental - 08/08/08 10:55 PM

BY law you have to rent for 6 months otherwise the owners have to pay hotel tax-how much do you want to spend for something decent for these months around 4000usd for a 2bed 2 bath would sound about right

Re: Looking for 2 month apartment or condo rental - 08/09/08 02:40 AM

Like I said, I'm not interested in staying in a vacation rental. I want something like what I will have when we move down. Nothing big or fancy, nothing resort or anything. Just a small one bedroom. And if I have to rent something for 6 months to stay in it 2, it might be cheaper if all I'll find are vacation rentals for 2.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Looking for 2 month apartment or condo rental - 08/09/08 06:44 AM

wow another serious investor on this island-my advice is come down when you are retired and just spend your pensions-this could be the best advice you will ever receive
Posted By: cakelee

Re: Looking for 2 month apartment or condo rental - 08/09/08 03:18 PM

I think you will find that in some instances Pedro is right (hate it when that happens wink ). People either want a longer term than 2 months, or if they do rent short term, they are hesitant to book it longer term over the holidays when they can make the most money by renting it weekly.

Keep looking, though. If I hear of anything, I'll let you know.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Looking for 2 month apartment or condo rental - 08/09/08 03:22 PM

Heaven help us if the "best advice we ever get" come from P1 !

bywarren made me say it.

Re: Looking for 2 month apartment or condo rental - 08/09/08 10:58 PM

Thanks cakelee...

And pedro... thanks as always for your amazing wit. I don't know what we'd do without you.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board