AmbergrisCaye.com Home
UPDATE: All fishing gear has been sold. Thanks, KC
--------------

I got the fishing gear in the divorce. Don't want it. Don't know what to do with it. Someone please buy it.

1 fly pole and reel. Pole is custom made. Reel is Ross Cimarron 4 (I guess that means 4 oz?) Like new.

2 saltwater spinning rods and reels. Rods are custom made. Reels are Shimano Bait Runner 6500, with reverse handle.

Then I have a whole bunch of the little fuzzy things with hooks. smile I think they're called flies and lures. I have close to 75 of them, I think. Some big, some little. I looked at most of the hooks, and they're not rusted.

And other misc. fishing thingies.

Since I am fishing-illiterate I don't know how much to sell them for, but I'm working on it. I can find the reels on-line and have an idea about them, but the rods are custom, so no clue. I remember I was shocked when accompanying my ex to the fishing store and those little fuzzy things cost more than a pair of my earrings. I might take them home and re-make them as earrings if I can't get much for them. They're kind of cute.

If anyone is interested in looking at any of this stuff you can try and call me at 226-4282. I'll be on the island for 2 more weeks, leaving Aug 20.

Kathy

The fly reel is a bonefish size-line 7wt-9wt. Good quality. Sells new for $250usd. Used market on similar stuff is about 60%. The rod should have some marking that identifies the blank used by the builder. Maybe something like "908"(9foot for 8wt line). Also would be unusual to not have a manufacturer(of the blank)name on it. If it really has no markings of any kind I doubt it's worth $75-$100, unless someone tries it and seriously likes it. Given the quality of the reel, I'd hope it had a decent rod. With the flies a/k/a "fuzzy things", find a local flyfishing guides. Many don't tie their own, there's little available locally, and they rely on friends or the fishers they guide for flies. If the ties/patterns are reasonable, and the hooks of decent quality, you might get $5-$8USD per dozen.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board