AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: dimsum stolen computers, external hard drives etc. - 05/01/16 05:31 AM
Stolen from my residence:

Microsoft Surface Pro with magnetic stylus (thief forgot the charger)
Apple Macbook Pro with white charger
Apple iPad 2 with polka dot skin on back
Gerber Machete with fabric sheath
Rose gold colored aviator sunglasses
Two external hard drives 1TB each

$1,ooo.oo US reward for return of all items....no questions asked
Do you mind sharing the area in which you live? We are moving to SP soon and the recent robberies are discouraging...
I think you will find this in most locations.. I suggest a "basic" alarm system as expats and tourists have a LOT of expensive stuff lying around. Simpli Safe makes a good starter system that you can get for $225 +/-... You can add an outdoor alarm for apprx $59 and all sorts of extra stuff. Simple to use and no wiring.

If I had tried out this system before I put in an expensive one, I would have spent apprx $400us for my Villa instead of much more. The Simpli Safe system even has pets figured out with the motion sensor.

I am taking this opportunity to again remind everybody as I did on another thread. Put a "reward if found and phone #" ( labels) on cell phones, lap tops, cameras and even in your wallet.
Thanks for the information. Great ideas and much appreciated. We're hoping our dogs are deterrents too!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board