AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye

Posted By: Marty

Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/03/09 02:29 PM

[Linked Image] The Mayan Islands is the latest project to hit the exclusive Ambergris Caye in Belize. Though currently in construction stages, Mayan Islands expects to debut four private villas, one Mansion, beach club and luxury Cove homes by the end of 2009. A marina is designed for private yachts and access to yacht charters for all guests on the Mayan Islands. The Marina is projected to be the largest mega-yacht marina in the world, with 400 slips holding up to 150 yachts and additional space for 328 yachts.

The Mayan Islands will also be home to three luxury hotels, with projects developing from prestigious names like the Ritz, Canyon Ranch and St. Regis. All properties and yacht slips will either be privately owned or available through the exclusive rental program.
[Linked Image]
Now is the time to take advantage of the Mayan Islands‘ opportunity. Several properties have already sold and the Mayan Islands development team is offering terrific option programs for interested investors. During the option period, owners will earn a 50% split of the rental fees and once an end owner purchases they will enjoy 100% of the rental fees. Other bonus programs are in development with Quintessentially personal concierge and NetJets private jet services.

The Mayan Islands of Belize proposes a “community of minimal urban impact where unique contemporary dwellings, boutique low density hotels and resorts as well as beach club facilities focus in the preservation of the natural resources.” Indeed, its location in the Ambergris Caye, one of Belize’s crown jewels for ecoluxury, has inspired developers to create sustainable designs and use renewable energy for both the private villas, luxury resorts and overall construction of the island. Stay tuned for more information as the Mayan Islands continues to develop into what is sure to be one of the most sought after luxury vacation destinations in the world.

For more information, please visit the Maya Islands profile . Photos courtesy of Mayan Islands.
Posted By: Belize-N-Us

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/03/09 02:50 PM

Just thinking out loud here.

Why have both South Beach Belize and Maya Island chosen such square and by my personal opinion uninspiring architectural designs?

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/03/09 02:55 PM

Next question which is not rhetorical on this same topic.

Is the water in that area deep enough for "luxury yachts"?
Posted By: JZB

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/03/09 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Belize-N-Us

Is the water in that area deep enough for "luxury yachts"?

I don't see how a luxury yacht can fit on the back side of the island? Unless they plan on dredging a few miles of sea floor and blast away bedrock? I certainly hope the ministry would not approve that permit!
Posted By: sailfish

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/03/09 03:44 PM

If they dredge enough, they can create another island and put another hotel on it with another marina which has to be dredged, creating another island large enough for another hotel with a marina.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eUcRjo9Yv4 ..........something like this could really spur development!

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/03/09 03:46 PM

Heck you have to tilt the motor way up just to get a skiff to the end of my 100' pier on the front of the island!

No way to get a "yacht" anywhere near my dock.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/03/09 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by sailfish
......something like this could really spur development!

Yea, yea, we'll shape "ours" like a Mayan temple instead of a palm tree!

Let's get that web site up right away and start "pre-selling"!

Heck we already have some sea bed surveyed and ready to sell don't we?
Posted By: AdvantageRealty

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 01:32 AM

Wow, the Ritz Carlton. How many properties do they have in the "developed" Caribbean?

I wonder why the brand doesn't have the registered trade mark next to it? I'm sure their lawyers would have insisted on this.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 01:43 AM

The St. Regis and the Ritz-Carlton in San Pedro? Wonder why there hasn't been any news of this in the international general or trade press?

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 01:49 AM

Maybe they're hiding behind the "South Beach" development???
Posted By: mollyandme

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 02:34 AM

Whatever happended to that sweet, happy, wonderful village called San Pedro on AC?! Well, that may be my twice a year tourist vision but man alive - in 10 years will there be any water left to float a boat on? Sounds like it will be so pricey regular people won't be able to go there anymore.
Posted By: deadserious

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by mollyandme
Whatever happended to that sweet, happy, wonderful village called San Pedro on AC?! Well, that may be my twice a year tourist vision but man alive - in 10 years will there be any water left to float a boat on? Sounds like it will be so pricey regular people won't be able to go there anymore.

Maybe I'll be able to sell my land for big bucks then... hmmm.. pleasant thoughts...
Posted By: AT602

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 03:03 AM

gees have you not figured out belize is for belize. do it in the moment and to hell with the future. they (we) are for taking the money and don't care about the end results.
Posted By: beachbumin

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 03:41 AM

Where do I sign up? The only decision will be whether to visit in the mega yacht or take the NetJet down. Seriously, isn't this the same location/swamp that was being marketed a year or so ago as Canals of San Pedro or some such?
Posted By: mcayer

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 03:44 AM

Chris I noticed you are with a Real Estae company - Do you have any monthly rentals for August and July 2009?? regards, Mich
Posted By: reaper

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:08 AM

I can't wait!

(reaper pulls up a beach chair, opens a Belikin and watches a NetJet Cessna Citation go through the fence and into the five a side court after landing!)

I guess Cayo Espanto is so damn busy with the "jet set" that this needs to be built.
Posted By: papashine

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:34 AM

Thats it then.. Last person off the Island please turn out the lights.
Posted By: azbob

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:41 AM

I may have missed it (I'm good at that), but I couldn't find it on there web site: Where is the location?

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:50 AM

"Fantasyland" Bob!
Posted By: beachbumin

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:52 AM

www.mayanislands.com

Enjoy your trip to Neverland!

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:58 AM

"FANTASYISLAND" complete with little dwarf pointing into the wild blue and yelling its the NetJet it's the NetJet
Posted By: Barnacle

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 02:08 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kwalkpt

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 02:47 PM

reaper - got to go through the new Tropic building and their aquarium before the Cessna hits the five a side soon!!

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 03:21 PM

Now I get my chance to scratch up an old sore.

INTERNATIONAL ARRIVALS DIRECT TO SAN PEDRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember this one?

I'm like an elephant, I never forget!

NOT jets people! Prop planes able to come straight to San Pedro from out of country.

I'm going on record, it's comming one day and it's really NOT a big hassel to accomplish.

It makes no sense that Reaper is required to go to BZE just to clear customs then come to the island. He also must do the same to leave.

It should be easier for private planes and charters to come straight to San Pedro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: cracked up

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:26 PM

International arrivals to spr will not happen except for the rare exception and it is a huge hassel for many reasons.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:36 PM

It is NOT a huge hassel.

Name your reasons and I'll be able to quickly rebutt each one.

Have you ever flown yourself to Walker's Caye in the Bahamas? One of the smallest strips I've ever landed on. I came straight from a port of entry/exit in the U.S. to that port of entry. One customs agent and a VERY small customs office (more like a booth). NO HASSELS, NO HEADACHE.

And never say "never".

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Belize-N-Us
It is NOT a huge hassel.

Name your reasons and I'll be able to quickly rebutt each one.

This I gotta see!!

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:50 PM

Heh, heh...chill the beer...pop the corn...get ready to Rumble!!!
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by beachbumin
Where do I sign up? The only decision will be whether to visit in the mega yacht or take the NetJet down. Seriously, isn't this the same location/swamp that was being marketed a year or so ago as Canals of San Pedro or some such?

Same vicinity but NOT the same project or developer.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Barnacle
[Linked Image]

Barn I love this!!!
Posted By: azbob

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 04:59 PM

Thanks beach. There are times I need a "white cane"!
smile
God I hope this stays as "Neverland"!
Posted By: Barnacle

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
Originally Posted by Barnacle
[Linked Image]

Barn I love this!!!

it is so true,, it kinda makes me want to hurl,,,

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 09:34 PM

Why SPR will not be an airport of entry:

BDCA, BACC, BAA, ATLB and local airlines will not approve of licensing SPR Airstrip as an airport of entry.
No facilities for international arrivals such as:
No fuel available, No security, Limited parking, No ATC,
No instrument landing capabilities, No room to expand.

Walkers Caye is private and grandfathered as a port of entry. Would never get approval if they were to try today.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 10:23 PM

Wrong!

An ILS, DME, lights are not a requirement for an AOE. Hell in Belize they can make up their own requirements. It's their country and their air strip.

Fuel capabilities is not required but easily made avail. Fuel is avail for boats, cars, trucks, and carts then it could also be avail for planes.

Facilities could be nothing more than what is currently used by Maya and Tropic.

What the heck do local private airlines have to do with the Belizean government approving it's own AEO? It's not a private strip. The government of Belize can do whatever they want with it.

Walker's was "grandfathered in" by who? Who would it never get approval from today? The Bahama government?

Please explain the difference in a boat arriving from out of country vs a private plane arriving from out of country?

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 10:30 PM

Also, in case you didn't know BZE does NOT have an ILS.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 10:54 PM

Gee...the baby doc missed his calling. Should come down and take over the operations here....show 'em how to do it.
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 10:55 PM

I thought an ILS was installed at BZE as part of the runway lengthening project, unless it already existed?
Posted By: Moose In Belize

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:07 PM

I'm not sure why Marty posted this in the first place. It reads more like advertising than information to me. Are you getting a commission Marty?
Posted By: Sally1

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:11 PM

Ok, I give. I'll ask the stupid question. What's an ILS, DME and an AOE?
Posted By: swanno

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:18 PM

ILS is Intrument Landing System
No idea about the others

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:28 PM

BAA and BDCA and ATLB are gov entities.
BZE does have published instrument approaches, 6 to be exact. An ILS has nothing to do with this but, the ILS will be commissioned this spring.
Since Belize is an ICAO member, Belize can not make up our own rules, they must follow ICAO recommended standards
Public fueling of acft in Belize is only allowed at MZBZ and TZA.
The local operators have eveything to do with aircraft operations within Belize. Who do you think funds civil aviation in Belize.
There are many other reasons that SPR will not become an international arpt, these are just a few, I doubt if you have the education or knowledge to fully understand them.

Acft arriving to Walkers Caye may only continue to Nassau or back to their original pt. of origin And, the Bahamas CAA would not license another international airport under similar conditions today.

Anyway, if it ever does happen, I'm sure you'll be the first to know.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:30 PM

DME = Distance Measuring Eqpt
Posted By: seashell

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:31 PM

Do private planes have to go to
BZE before heading to Caye Chapel?

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:32 PM

Come to the welcoming dinner Doc. I'll introduce you to the Minister of Aviation and the president of Tropic Air. I would discuss this with them, not the message board folks. We don't have any control of anything!
Posted By: Moose In Belize

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:33 PM

Ever noticed how nobody talks in English anymore, everything has to be an acronym. It's like a secret code. Maybe the rest of us aren't supposed to know what you are talking about. Are we all that busy that we can't use complete names?

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:38 PM

Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_landing_system

Instrument Landing System
Distance Measuring Equipment
I've never heard of AOE as a standard abbreviation, but it was spelled out higher up in the thread - Airport Of Entry

other common ones are:-
Non-Directional Beacon
Vhf Omnidirectional Range-finder

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:45 PM

No, Very high frequency Omnidirectional Radio Range = VOR

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:51 PM

You're right of course. In common parlance the word "radio" is often dropped as it's both a given and not important to the functionality of the device.

Reaper - perhaps you'll also introduce the good doctor to Tropic's chief pilot!
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:54 PM

On Caye Chapel, I was told (this was two or three years ago) that private planes had to clear in Belize City before going to Caye Chapel.

--Lan Sluder

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/04/09 11:55 PM

"not Important to the Functionality of the device" ? Its broadcast on radio signals, that makes it important to 'most' pilots.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 12:09 AM

All these beacons (excepting GPS) are picked up with radio instruments, and the fact that it's radio doesn't alter the way a pilot uses it. Perhaps "functionality" wasn't the right word - how about "usage"? One of the points about VOR is that you know not only the direction of the beacon (and your direction from it) but also your distance (range) from it.

But this is merely semantics. I'm sure you know what it is, and that I also know what it is.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 12:09 AM

Thanks guys! Learn something every day.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Moose in Belize
Ever noticed how nobody talks in English anymore, everything has to be an acronym. It's like a secret code. Maybe the rest of us aren't supposed to know what you are talking about. Are we all that busy that we can't use complete names?

ICUP!

or one for valentine's day - URAQT

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lan Sluder/Belize First
On Caye Chapel, I was told (this was two or three years ago) that private planes had to clear in Belize City before going to Caye Chapel.

--Lan Sluder

All international air carrier arrivals must check in at the International airport.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 12:46 AM

"URAQT" Wheres the censor when ya need i'm?

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 12:48 AM

Reviewing all my post.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 12:50 AM

He'll have a breakdown!

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 01:01 AM

URAQT - sounds like a type of weedkiller.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 02:59 AM

U R A Q T

Perhaps only 8 year old kids and Mommas get this.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 03:03 AM

you're a grin cuty

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 04:12 PM

"Just thinking out loud here.
Why have both South Beach Belize and Maya Island chosen such square and by my personal opinion uninspiring architectural designs?"

On this statement, I agree with B-n-Us 100%.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 04:15 PM

Prob because they are cheaper then hell to construct let alone design.
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 04:24 PM

Where exactly is this development located?

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 06:08 PM

The architect for those Mayan Island renderings on this thread is Kobi Karp, a very well known architectural firm, especially in south Florida. I have actually visited this development.

The main island, where there are currently two buildings, is directly east of Cayo Espanto and this development is on the west side of AC. It's pretty close to Cayo.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sally1

The main island, where there are currently two buildings, is directly east of Cayo Espanto and this development is on the west side of AC. It's pretty close to Cayo.

HUH?????

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 06:31 PM

Hey, it's there. OR IS IT? Maybe I'm just watching too much of my favorite show "Lost". Believe me, this island is there. The developer's first name is Scott.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 06:33 PM

Yes, there is a 250 acre island there which have Scott's projects, Hartmut Fisher's project and the Village of the canals project.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 06:40 PM

Pretty close to Cayo????????

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 06:42 PM

Cayo Espanto.

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 06:43 PM

Ah...we're talkin' in shorthand...

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/05/09 06:56 PM

I guess I should have said "CE" instead!

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/08/09 04:12 PM

Is the Savannah airstrip an international airport?

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/08/09 06:20 PM

Yes, restricted, only flts to and from San Pedro Sula though.
Posted By: deadserious

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/08/09 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by cracked up
Yes, restricted, only flts to and from San Pedro Sula though.

If one exception can be made, more can be made...

Re: Mayan Islands development on Ambergris Caye - 02/10/09 03:52 PM

Was it always an international port of entry?
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board