AmbergrisCaye.com Home

If Congo and Rwanda can do it, why not Belize?

Posted By: sunrisesky

If Congo and Rwanda can do it, why not Belize? - 06/04/11 07:10 PM

Congo bans plastic bags

click above for full news story.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: If Congo and Rwanda can do it, why not Belize? - 06/04/11 10:33 PM

I have been doing most of my shopping a Richie's lately. Not only do they stock and sell the totally biodegradable cups, plates, bags, etc. they use the cardboard boxes that stock somes in instead of a bunch of plastic bags to package my food. Thanks Richie's.
Posted By: lovey and thurston

Re: If Congo and Rwanda can do it, why not Belize? - 06/05/11 01:00 AM

Another reason to support Mathieus Deli, just take a container in when you go. They not only have wonderful food but are encouraging not using the awful styrafoam cartons we see littering the island.
Posted By: BeBelize

Re: If Congo and Rwanda can do it, why not Belize? - 06/05/11 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by sunrisesky
Congo bans plastic bags

click above for full news story.

It would be wonderful if Belize would follow suit. In the meantime, we will be bringing our own bags for shopping as we do here in the US.
Posted By: Katie Valk

Re: If Congo and Rwanda can do it, why not Belize? - 06/05/11 01:56 PM

MX banned styrofoam.
Posted By: MathieusDeli

Re: If Congo and Rwanda can do it, why not Belize? - 06/07/11 02:21 AM

Thank you to all our supporters who bring their own bags, bring their own plates, cups and reusable water bottles!! Had we known that EcoFriendly solutions wouldn't be able to stock the clamshell take out container until mid June, we'd have ordered from the US direct, but we wanted to support Marconi and his company here and not use styrofoam, we HATE it!!

Has anyone seen by the way the Jewellery seller Janet by the Reef Adventures dock just on the beach by Blue Tang? she crochets great bags out of plastic bags. I hope that the other supermarkets will follow Richie's in selling/ giving reusable bags.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board