AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Alex Carcamo's Basketball Camp - 06/04/11 03:05 PM
[Linked Image] International basketball star, Alex Carcamo, is in Belize to tie the knot with his fianc� in Placencia and while he's here, young athletes will get an opportunity to participate in a basketball camp which begins next week Tuesday. The competition promises lots of prizes including autographed jerseys and footwear. It's his first venture into hosting basketball tournaments locally and Carcamo says he's excited to be able to give back to the Jewel.

Alex Carcamo, Organizer, Basketball Camp

"It's for the youths really, there's no charge. We're having a big tournament in Placencia. We're having a clinic for the younger kids and for the teenagers we're having a, you know, a basketball tournament. I'm hoping that it's going to be a good turnout. It's the first time I'm trying this so I'm very excited. There's going to be a DJ at the court playing all night and I've pretty much have all the rules down pat. There's no fighting, no fighting at all. If you fight your team is disqualified. I'm really trying to work on the profanity, no cussing. You don't get thrown out but you just loose points or the other team gets a chance to gain points. We have a shot clock, you know. it's suppose to be a lot of fun. I'm hoping that it's going to be a good turnout and, you know, anybody that wants to come down, you know, you can come down and we'll put you on a team if you think you have a team that, it's a three on three tournament at that [and] if you think you're ready, you know, come. I've named it but I'm just going to wait [to reveal it]. There are a lot of prizes; one would be an autographed jersey of mine from the national team and some shoes that I brought down."

Channel 5
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board