AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty The Fish Whisperer - 08/03/12 12:31 PM

Daniel Smith grew up just North of Tranquility Bay Resort. He will be writing his fishing reports on the Tranquility Bay Resort blog. Daniel has an enthusiasm for fishing that rivals none. At thirteen years old I often refer to him as "The Fish Whisperer" or an "Old Salt". He has more time logged with a line in the water than most fisherman who are four to fives time his elder! Watch for "The Fish Whisperer" articles right here.

Posted By: Marty Re: The Fish Whisperer - 08/03/12 12:32 PM
Tarpon: The Migration

In the summer time we have a migration that attracts many anglers to our fisheries. The tarpon are on their migratory route between Belize and Virginia, they pass through the Florida keys and follow the coastline of the Gulf to Belize. The peak time here in Belize is July through September when anglers can expect shots at tarpon over the one hundred pound mark. These tarpon are generally bigger than our local population, which can range in size from babies to eighty pounders. The migratory tarpon are targeted by many anglers, whether it be on the fly or with a live sardine. I love fishing for many species of fish, but tarpon are one of my favorite. They are very powerful fish with the ability to do spectacular jumps. This makes them all the harder to land, which makes it a heated battle, who will give up first!

CLICK HERE for the whole article, and photos!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board