AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Christopher McGann is the New N.E.B.L. Commissioner

Posted By: Marty

Christopher McGann is the New N.E.B.L. Commissioner - 07/09/20 10:48 AM

The 2020 season of the National Elite Basketball League was cut short in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But this season is over, and now, the league is in the process of preparing for the 2021 season. To get the ball bouncing, there is a new N.E.B.L. commissioner. Christopher McGann is taking over the N.E.B.L. and he wants to ensure that the upcoming season builds on the momentum and successes of the past seasons. McGann is no stranger to the sport; he played at the semi-pro level for two seasons in 2014 and 2015. But he also has a masterís degree in banking and finance and has worked in various research and managerial positions. So with that extensive experience, we asked McGann about this new role in the sport.

On the Phone: Christopher McGann, Commissioner, NEBL

ďAt this moment, I am grateful to have the opportunity to work with the league to try and continue to build on the growth and progress that it has made so far. Regarding this challenging time that we are in as a nation, as a region, as a world, I think we have to be guided by the public health regulations and guidelines and hopefully we can get back to doing what we love, playing basketball at the highest level and producing a family product so that people can come out and see it. I am hopeful to learn from all my experiences. I was fortunate enough to play many moons ago, it seems and I think at this moment, the most important thing is to sort of reach out to the individual team owners collectively, find out what are their concerns; reach out to the other stakeholders so that I can get a mandate from them as to how we can plan to bring back the next season of NEBL basketball.Ē

Channel 5

The National Elite Basketball League (NEBL) is pleased to introduce the new commissioner of the league. Mr. Christopher McGann has been selected as the commissioner and he is tasked to ensure that the 2021 season continues to build on the momentum and successes of the past seasons. Mr. McGann holds a Masterís Degree in Banking and Finance and has worked in various research and managerial positions in Belize. Mr. McGann has extensive experience in financial management and analysis and strategic plan development and execution. Christopher also played in the inaugural 2014 NEBL season with Belmopan Bandits and 2015 with Hurricanes. He is originally from Belmopan, but presently resides in Belize City. The league is excited to embrace this new transition in its leadership and administrative structure as it prepares for the upcoming 2021 season amidst the existing pandemic.

© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board