AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Belize Weather Forecast: September 28, 2014 - 09/28/14 11:09 AM

Belize Weather Forecast: September 28, 2014

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: Drier and less unstable light east-southeast airflow now prevailing over our area.
Advisories: None.
24-hour forecast: Mostly sunny today and partly cloudy tonight with isolated showers and isolated thunderstorms. Cloudy at times tonight and sunny with cloudy spells tomorrow. Showers and thunderstorms will be generally isolated, except over the south and coast tonight and tomorrow morning, where a few more will develop.
Winds: East - southeast 5-15 knots.
Marine Forecast:
Today: Winds: E-SE 5-15 kts. Seas: Choppy. Waves: 2-3 ft. Isolated showers and isolated thunderstorms.
Tomorrow: Winds: East 5-15 kts. Seas: Light chop - choppy. Waves: 1-3 ft. Isolated showers or thunderstorms.
Marine Outlook: Monday night: Winds: East 5-15 kts. Seas: Light chop - choppy. Waves: 1-3 ft. Isolated showers or thunderstorms.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 83
General Outlook: (Mon & Mon night) Mostly fair with only isolated showers or thunderstorms developing.

Tropical Weather Outlook: Tropical cyclone formation is not expected during the next 48 hours in the North Atlantic, the Caribbean Sea or the Gulf of Mexico.
Click for our daily Tropical Weather Report

Current Conditions and weather history for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro
Wind & weather forecast for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro: Great information for sailors...
Caribbean winds site: An animated map of Caribbean wind and weather. Click for a green circle or position, showing the exact location longitude and latitude, temp and wind speed.
Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 31° C
88° F
26° C
78° F
Inland 34° C
93° F
23° C
74° F
Hills 27° C
80° F
20° C
68° F
TIDES:
Low - 6:30 AM High - 12:43 PM
Low - 5:54 PM High - 12:26 AM (MON)
Sunrise - 5:43 AM Moonrise - 9:23 AM
Sunset - 5:44 PM Moonset - 9:03 PM

CLICK here and here for detailed weather data

[Linked Image]
On Ambergris Caye this morning it's calm and clear with an expected high of 88.

From Belmopan... 09:15 BZT

Last night it appeared the rain was easing off, and I think Fog around in the south, this morning bright sunny weather, only a few thin high clouds, but the radar does show a few isolated showers. . ... .So there might still be the odd shower around.. . ... .The Wet area has now moved West of us, although there was a significant ITCZ over southern Belize earlier in the morning, I think I even heard thunder, but hat has now cleared to the south.

So Looks like today will be a mainly Sunny day, the few remaining scattered showers probably died out by now or soon, puffy clouds building up this afternoon.. ..Probably mainly dry for the next few days.

From Belmopan... 18:45 BZT

Since this morning, that Atlantic storm that has been stationary for so long, i now starting to move, but move upwards, towards the NE, following those arrows I put on. . .. .The other wet area, which was moving Westwards, has now turned NW, and may well simply follow the other one northwards.

The two developments near to us are that we are still on the fringes of that earlier large wet area, and there is cloud still coming down from the NNW over Belize, giving us a fair bit of cloud from time to time, which can encourage the low level Caribbean cloud to give some rain showers still.

The other development is in the central Caribbean, two air masses on either side of a wet air area, are or can cause it to start spinning in th direction required for Tropical Storm. ..So we must watch that carefully... Development depends on many things, so it might, it might not.

© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board