AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Belize Weather Forecast: August 27, 2015

Posted By: Marty

Belize Weather Forecast: August 27, 2015 - 08/27/15 11:06 AM

Belize Weather Forecast: August 27, 2015

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: Mainly fair and warm conditions with light winds will dominate our weather the next few days.
Advisories: None.
24-hour forecast: Mostly sunny and warm today. Partly cloudy tonight and sunny with a few cloudy spells tomorrow. Showers or thunderstorms will be generally isolated, except for a few more in the South tonight and tomorrow morning and then inland tomorrow afternoon.
Winds: East 5-15 knots.
Marine Forecast:
Today: Winds: Variable 5 kts...Becoming East 5-10 kts; seas: Light chop; waves: 1-2 ft; only isolated showers, if any.
Tomorrow: Winds: Variable <5 kts becmg E-NE 5-15 kts.; seas: Light chop - choppy.; waves: 2-4 ft.; isolated showers.
Marine Outlook: Friday night:- Winds: East 5-15 kts.; seas: Light chop - choppy.; waves: 2-4 ft.; isolated showers or isolated thunderstorms mainly south.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 84
General Outlook: For Friday and Friday night is for similar weather conditions to prevail.

Tropical Weather Outlook: At 3:00am the center of Tropical Storm Erika was located near 16.8N latitude, 61.5W longitude or about 30mls Southeast of Antigua. Erika was moving west at 16mph with maximum sustained winds of 50mph.

Click for our daily Tropical Weather Report

Current Conditions and weather history for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro
Wind & weather forecast for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro: Great information for sailors...
Caribbean winds site: An animated map of Caribbean wind and weather. Click for a green circle or position, showing the exact location longitude and latitude, temp and wind speed.
Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 32° C
90° F
26° C
78° F
Inland 37° C
98° F
23° C
73° F
Hills 29° C
84° F
21° C
70° F
TIDES:
High - 7:36 AM Low - 2:39 PM
High - 8:50 PM Low - 2:06 AM (FRI.)
Sunrise - 5:38 AM Moonrise - 4:28 PM
Sunset - 6:10 PM Moonset - 4:20 AM (FRI.)

CLICK here and here for detailed local weather data

Posted By: elbert

Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 27, 2015 - 08/27/15 12:15 PM

[Linked Image]
On Ambergris Caye this morning it's calm and our expected high is 90.

Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 27, 2015 - 08/27/15 12:49 PM

From Belmopan...

Rain around Belize but little or none actually in Belize, some over PG area and scattered in a few coastal areas,due to that lower cloud from Honduras. The high NNW cloud steaming from Mexico, not causing any rain near Belize. Early morning tiger wind over land from the SW, the Caribbean wind very slow at present from the ESE.

Tropical Storm Erika is now well developed, looks much more powerful and active than Danny which they called a Cat.2 at one time. I think they have an odd way of categorising Hurricanes, should be, in my opinion, by the level of damage it could do. Perhaps they should give two numbers, one, as now, the maximum central wind speed, the second dumber the area covered by TS winds. If this was done, I would have give Danny a Cat.1-0 rating and this Erika now a TS-3 rating already.

Looks like today will be similar to yesterday, one of the hottest days and nights of the year, sun & cloud, probably no rain later today.

Temperatures in Belmopan:
Today is probably going to be Similar, to yesterday : Wed, max 36C 95F Last night min 26C 79F ( Coast usually cooler, hills even cooler )

Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 27, 2015 - 08/27/15 08:08 PM

From Belmopan...

That morning rain down south, due to that mid-level cloud coming up from Honduras did not die out, it moved further inland over the mountains. But it is still coming north with isolated showers in several parts, mainly the mountains and moving into Cayo, west Orange walk and bits in Corozal :

Belmopan right now in a whole scale Storm TS strength winds from the east, with lightning around.

Posted By: elbert

Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 27, 2015 - 08/27/15 10:57 PM

I'm jealous, The heat is intense from the lack of breeze on Ambergris Caye and the dust is deep in the road beds.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 27, 2015 - 08/28/15 04:10 PM

It looks like I picked the right time to be off the island! It is just as hot here in California but like they boast "it's dry heat!" The humidity has its advantages;; I'm drying out like an iguana. OMG - I'm getting wrinkles! However the two eye surgeries were very successful and I can do almost everything without glasses.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 27, 2015 - 08/28/15 04:26 PM

It looks like I picked the right time to be off the island! It is just as hot here in California but like they boast "it's dry heat!" The humidity has its advantages;; I'm drying out like an iguana. OMG - I'm getting wrinkles! However the two eye surgeries were very successful and I can do almost everything without glasses.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board