AmbergrisCaye.com Home

OK, beta testing time....

Posted By: Marty

OK, beta testing time.... - 10/16/05 10:30 PM

I am trying to kill the HELP page from hell, at:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/help

i have carved it up into pieces and fed them into an sql knowledgebase.

feel like testing? its not 'officially' open yet.
but you guys are my testers....

//AmbergrisCaye.com/info/

comments? just got it up so there might be a few problems i haven't seen yet. email me at [email protected] or leave a note here if you see edits that need to be made, or things that are crazy. or don't work.

folks can ask questions there, and my answers can go straight into the database for others if iwannaem to.

also putting in a nice new site wide search engine with an sql base. gotta keep those upgrades coming.... another couple daze that sucker'll be ready

thanks...

til then play with this:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/google/
google without the damn ads all over

mc

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/16/05 10:31 PM

i made icons for each section. that makes it load a bit slow. does that bug anyone? is it too slow to load the fron page with all those icons?

:>
i love pictures
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/16/05 10:59 PM

I browsed through it and for now didn't find any mistakes. I did find 2 omissions however... no mention of the deluxe 300 car drive-in or the monorail? eek

But actually everything I tried worked for now anyway. Will come back later and give it another go.

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/17/05 12:38 AM

thanks Denny!
i'll put in the drive in. and put the monorail on the map....
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/17/05 01:16 AM

lol eek

Actually so far I haven't found anything not working... I went back again and it looks fine. Good job.

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/17/05 01:41 AM

graci. holdin gup so far.. adding images now....
actually, i think i'll take a break. been at it 3 days

what day is it, which way is up, can i still walk? got the font size in my browser HUGE cause the eyes are going out a bit... when i get this energy its best to go with it. good things happen then i buckle
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/17/05 01:42 AM

You need to visit with Big Bird
Posted By: CarribeanSunSeeker

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/17/05 02:28 AM

I reviewed your help page and the questions by category are excellent. The icons did not cause the page to load too slowly on my system but I do have cable broadband access.
Using the Search engine withour categories returns links to questions which appear to be unrelated. For example the the search "health food" returned a link to "How can I get a bus from Mexico to Belize?" evidently because it mentions the word food. I tried to use the words "health food" in quotes hoping the search would be limited to examples where the two words would be used together but it did not seem to make any difference. Advanced search did not seem to be any help except to encourage the use of categories.
I think that it might be better to reduce the prominence of the Search the Knowledgebase feature and make the View Questions by Category, Most Popular Questions, and Most Popular Searches stand out. The icons help.

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/17/05 05:37 AM

thank you. i noticed when looking for questions with the admin search the same thing. i will bring it up with the script authors. thanks for the impetus...
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/17/05 06:26 AM

Marty - There is a 3rd, and very good bank, on Front street right across from the food vendors. Alliance Bank is open a little later in the day the Atlantic but I don't remember the exact hours. I have had wonderful service from them; they even covered an overdraft.
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/17/05 09:52 PM

Nice job marty. very informative. smile
Posted By: scubabob

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/18/05 06:45 PM

Nice job. This is by far the best website for a destination I've seen: nice layout, informative, great message board. The only question I had is I canít see the pattern as to why there are three columns that each have its own alpha-sort rather than just flow alphabetical starting in column 1 and let it wrap as needed.

Thanks for a great website. Now, make the weather clear up November 17 for a week please.
Posted By: scubabob

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/18/05 06:53 PM

OK, durrr! I got how the alpha works now.

Bob
Posted By: Grace

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/18/05 07:26 PM

Marty,
it looks great and works just as well! Thanks for all your hard work.
Posted By: NYgal

Re: OK, beta testing time.... - 10/19/05 04:06 PM

It works good for a quick answer but is slow on the return when hitting the back button smile
I have cable.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board