AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board

Posted By: Pedro1

Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 02:01 PM

This message site is getting way too Bitchy,and is not providing the correct atmosphere that new people who want to visit AC wish to read.
1.Let us have some rules especially on info.
2.advice should come from people who have been here within the last 18 months.
3. If you have pecunary interests in a resort/bar/restaurant say so
4. Be nice to people who have not visited the island
5. Ban people who do not follow the rules
6. Do not post under more than one handle
7. Lets have a "Bitch" center-site.
8. No verbal attacks on people that you personally do not know.
9. No direct advertising

Just my thoughts
Posted By: JDTremblay

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 02:07 PM

another thought Mr Pedro
10. use your name or at least a nic-name
after all this isnt a site where you have to hide your identity is it but thats just my oppinion as you can see I use my name or in pedro 1's case he uses his nick name
J D
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 02:16 PM

P1, too funny! But about #4... I've visted the island but be nice to me anyway! wink
Posted By: JZB

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 02:18 PM

Never thought I'd say this, but I totally agree with Pedro1! For a while there I thought it was the Anti-yacht club / Pedro's fan club message board. I was starting to remember why I only log on every 8 to 12 months. One more thing we can add, keep the chit-chat to the chit-chat part of the board.
Posted By: Corona Steve

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 02:29 PM

Finally, a sane and good idea.
Maybe, some of those who use this site to play games on, and trash some, will come to their senses.
I thought this area was to get good info, and pass along. A more freindly area, and promote the best of AC, SP, and the people who really love it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 02:31 PM

Let me get this straight - someone logging on as Pedro1 is suggesting "nice"? Who are you and what have you done with the real Peter? laugh
Posted By: Scuba do

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 02:36 PM

Bravo Peter,we are giving new visitors the wrong impression of San Pedro and a board meant to increase interest in the island could have the reverse effect without guidelines

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 02:49 PM

Who is going to be the policia for the board we cant expect Marty to do it all. Yall are going to laugh but I think Pedro 1 has always been fair at least as much as I have seen maybe he should be involved in the policing the board. Sound off if you dont agree
J D
Posted By: clover

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 03:03 PM

Message Board User Agreement:

The rules are very simple.

*No advertising.
Post to the appropriate area. Choose the most appropriate forum for your
message and place it there and only there. Posting of the same message in
multiple forums is not appreciated. This also spreads the replies around to
different parts of the board and makes them much harder to locate later. If
your message does not fit with the stated theme of any of the other forums,
please place it in the chat forum.

**Be courteous. As we read and respond to others, disagreements are
inevitable. Differing points of view are welcomed, and indeed the bbs would
be a dull place without them. All users are expected and required to express
their disagreements civilly. Refrain from name calling and behaviour
lectures. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and repeated offences could
get you banned from the bbs. It is suggested you read through your message
before you post it, and if you are disagreeing with somebody, see how it
reads. You may wish to soften your disagreement by beginning with "This is
JMHO (this is just my humble opinion)," but this is optional. Lively
discussion is what the board is all about, but that is no excuse for boorish
behaviour or bad manners. We are assumed to all be adults. If you don't like
a particular thread, stop reading it!

**Do not reply to messages to point out bbs rule infractions. Leave this to
BBS Administrators and Moderators. When you jump in, it makes for even more
work on the part of the administrators to clean up the mess. If you feel a
message is improper, please email the Administrator or the forum's Moderator directly

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 03:05 PM

good point clover good point
Posted By: PANDL

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 09:01 PM

Ditto, Scuba Do and JZB. I have said the same thing in many posts only to be blasted with attacks.

Others on this post need to heed their own advice.
Posted By: deacon+

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 11:04 PM

Clover, good points. Never work, but good points.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 11:21 PM

"This Train Dont Carry No Gamblers, No Crap Shooters Or Midnite Rambelers,,,,,,This Train Dont Carry Nothin But The Righteous And The Holy"
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 11:50 PM

JMHO.

You can be whacked for voicing your opinion. I have.

So be it. I don't own it, I just work here. Occasionally.

Been some bad stuff happen on the island of late. Doc Otto's son is gone, the fruit lady by Jerry's Crab Shack got hit by a golf cart, young man died diving into a swimming pool. Sad stuff most folks don't even know.

Real life.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 11:51 PM

Whereya been, Catmo?
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/13/06 11:55 PM

Belize.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 12:04 AM

You Dog.
Posted By: reaper

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 01:48 AM

Don't ban me! I even asked Corona Steve to meet me for a beer! Now that's freindly! cool
Posted By: LaraTravelBelize

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 02:18 AM

8. No verbal attacks on people that you personally do not know

I think this should read

"no verbal attacks". period

even if you "know" the person, there is no reason for any public attacks on anyone.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 02:28 AM

Usually the "known attacks" are pretty funny, but only if you know the attacker and attackie (is that a word??) in person. Are you still in the Keystone State or did you move to SP? cool
Posted By: LaraTravelBelize

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 02:42 AM

still in pa...settle on the house in SP on april 23...will be down there from april 27 - may 1 to recharge the batteries. then back to finish closing things out here

taking its toll on me settling things up here, for a number of reasons, but at least there is light at the end of this stressful tunnel, and that light is my house down south of SP....i CANNOT WAIT...

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 02:56 AM

Good Luck. See you down there some day!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 03:00 AM

Lara, taking the ring???
Posted By: kelly d

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 05:50 AM

Well, as someone who doesn't know any of you from Adam, who has never been to AC (we'll be making our maiden visit in July), and who has asked a few questions on the board that are SOOOOOO tourist-like, I've found all of you to be pretty damn nice! Some of you have better senses of humor than others, and some of you leave a little to be desired in the punctuation and grammar department (I'm a high school counseling assistant so I notice things like that!), but I think you're a friendly bunch of crazy bananas and I can't wait to visit you all in July!
Posted By: Now Danny

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 10:10 AM

Don't get on that long black train.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 12:44 PM

This message site is getting way too Bitchy,and is not providing the correct atmosphere that new people who want to visit AC wish to read.

That is quite an assumption ..

Some, like myself still do !

I lived in belize 14 years , that far outweighs " visits "

I had a bar in belize , and likely still pay for the karma of it.

No brainer almost always, but not always.

Not as bad as censoring, but nearly the same, since anyone can return anytime with a different email addy.

I have many, but always let it be known .

I thought it was already

That would include 62 per cent of the normal board members that have already verbally attacked me.

9. No direct advertising

This site does that the best. advertise.

Wake up pedro !! It was fun anyway..
Posted By: snorkelgirl

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 01:09 PM

I agree with Lara...no attacks period. This isn't the forum for it.

If you know them personally, have a discussion face to face. If you don't know them, I suppose a PM would suffice, where the individual has the option to hit "delete" ...
Posted By: Corona Steve

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 03:30 PM

Congrats Lara, Reaper, will have a beer anytime with you,and that goes for all of you, including those who want to call me wacko. plan next trip in about 45 days, to check out clearing of prop. and walk it.
No verbal attacks, sounds good to me, even with my crazy vision for the North.
Anyone check out the topic under Living in Belize, and pics of 1959 San Pedro.
Didn't take long to go from back then to now, what great growth, some may hate it, but at least it was somewhat controled.
Happy Bunny day, this Sunday to all.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 03:37 PM

wacko hell steve I have always been crazy
Crazy is good bro helps you deal with this insane world
HE HE HE
JD

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/14/06 07:48 PM

Steve, maybe we will meet up cool
Posted By: armandogonzalez

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/15/06 06:19 AM

ban pedro 1
Posted By: sandb

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/15/06 01:39 PM

already been done, it didn't work...
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/15/06 03:52 PM

Originally posted by kelly d:
Well, as someone who doesn't know any of you from Adam, who has never been to AC (we'll be making our maiden visit in July), and who has asked a few questions on the board that are SOOOOOO tourist-like, I've found all of you to be pretty damn nice! Some of you have better senses of humor than others, and some of you leave a little to be desired in the punctuation and grammar department (I'm a high school counseling assistant so I notice things like that!), but I think you're a friendly bunch of crazy bananas and I can't wait to visit you all in July!
kellyd... you make some great points above. As far as grammar is concerned, and correct me if I am wrong here... but I thought it not proper to put a comma (,) after the word that is preceded by the word "and" or "but" I could be wrong though since you are a grammar teacher and put the comma in there twice. I hope this doesn't diminish your thoughts of me. eek
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/15/06 04:46 PM

Rule 1: Anarchy Prevails. Rule 2: See Rule 1. Rule 3: :p :p
Posted By: Sun&sand

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 01:28 PM

I've been reading some of the posts relating to other subjects, and it seems that many board members are anxious to either be sarcastic or critical of innocent questions. I am disappointed that this message board has become so quick to be hateful. The essence has become that to ask a question, you are setting yourself up for a huge sarcastic remark from a couple of members who think because they have a "degree" in one area or another they are the "grand poo bah" of information or the Gestapo of the board. If you can't take their questions seriously, then perhaps nothing should be said. I hope that the new members don't take these attitudes to be the rule. There was never a better time than to try some kindness than now.
I will avoid answering questions in the public forum, will PM those that I feel I can help. This bashing has gotten way out of hand, and the attitudes of most totally suck. Spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors are not issues that need to be corrected, if you can understand what is being said. To humiliate someone deliberately is not necessary, especially over something so small. Not everyone has the spell check/thesaurus available to them. This is not the Belizean attitudes we want to portray or adopt. Sorry, but the snottiness isn't worth taking the time to sort through. I may read, but likely keep my thoughts to myself. The neighborliness isn't there anymore.
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 01:45 PM

looks like another self-inductee to the "grand poo bah" coterie.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 01:54 PM

Nope, dog...not me. I am not looking to make enemies, but I really don't want to waste any more time trying to understand why some people feel they must be so critical of such small issues. Come on...is it really that important in the grand scheme of things to be this way? Where's the love? Didn't your momma ever tell you that "if you can't say somethng nice, don't say anything at all????" I don't want to be a poo bah...there are far too many of them around.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 01:57 PM

What is a poo bah, exactly?
Do they get cute hats? laugh

DP - why do I always have to find a dictionary to understand your posts?
Would you consider signing me up for my very own word-of-the-day course? You'll find I'm a quick learner! :p

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:15 PM

Law, a Pooh bah, or Poo ba, is "a pompous ostentatious official, esp. one who, holding many offices, fulfills none of them." Don't know about the hats, but you could get one if you want, I'm sure.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:22 PM

above a direct quote from dictionary.com laugh

methinks the counselor already knew that definition wink

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:23 PM

It must be pray meeting day.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:29 PM

Morning K! where you been? and have you signed up for golf cart driving lessons yet??? :p

Sun & Sand - I find the little corner of the world that is this board to be a pretty happy, albeit at times dysfunctional, little family! Most of the advice given is pretty right on, even though somewhat subjective, and most are friendly - even the rascals, once ya get to know 'em! laugh How you read people's posts does seem to change the longer you're around and the better you get to know the different personalities. There's A LOT of teasing and we don't always remember to use our smileys! smile So sometimes it can appear to be critisism. It would be a shame to have you bow out - there's a lot to be said for diversity!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:32 PM

Hey E - I think you spelled something wrong! :p

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:33 PM

Morning Counselor!

I been studying hard and just took & passed ( with flying colors, TYVM) a graduate level exam.

U Game? It's safer, albeit little, than jumping outta Reapers plane!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:34 PM

I might be willing to give you a second shot - but we're gonna have to make some kinda deal bout you paying for the massage I'm gonna need if you can't stay away from those potholes! laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:36 PM

did anyone see the operetta, the Mikado?

CONGRATS klcman Great Job on the Exam

Thanks, Lawcucui, I don't intend to bow out, but I am going to curb my involvement (not that I have contributed much). I hate to see such arrogance directed at people who ask honest questions. Unless they know you are kidding, there is an opportunity to be offended, or feel insulted, smiley faces or not. I know that most of the board is funloving and in no way meaning to create feelings of unhappiness or discord, but it happens, and I feel for those who have been getting the corrections or hand slappings. There is no need to be unkind. Just since I posted my thought on this, look at the attitudes of the responses. Rather than saying something constructive, it's another opportunity for sarcasm. Perhaps it's an occupational hazard, but I have to be nice to my patients, and I hope it carries on to my private life.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:37 PM

Sun&sand, I have to say that I am shocked by your post only because it seems as though the board, IMO, has lightened up quite a bit in the last several weeks. I think the rudeness has really come to a hault. The abrupt ones who post from time to time are harmless and you will find that ANYWHERE... I have to say - I'm baffled... Perhaps you saw something I didn't. confused

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:39 PM

I really dont give a damn whether it is spelled wright er nut. Someone tole me "They didnt give a damn for a man who could only spell a word one way" :p

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:42 PM

Perhaps so, TQ. Sorry if it comes as a shock, but this *topic* reflects the concerns. Maybe I'm taking it too much to heart. Sorry if I have offended anyone. I'll just slink back into my little hole now.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:43 PM

You know TQ - I think it's all in the way you take things - sort of like S&S's comment to me bout being able to get a hat! laugh

or hey - maybe I'm just thick skinned!

E - right as rain! wink

Dog - are you singing my song again?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:47 PM

I'm not offended about your post, neither is anyone else. Was just... ya, shocked that someone would think that (right now).

Like Law, I'm not easily offended.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:48 PM

watch it TQ, the grammer cop will be on you

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:49 PM

wink If that's the only cop after me - I'm good!!! laugh
Posted By: Belikin Bill

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:50 PM

I partially agree with sun&sand. We could do a better job of answering new members and future visitors questions. I think that is even proper to include humor in answering as long as it is not too sarcastic, biting or mean spirited. To error on the side of kindness and neighborliness is always best.

I have had four or five people who have made a sarcastic comment towards me, which I enjoyed and thought was funny, PM me worried that they had offended me. I would miss the sarcasm wit and verbal exchanges if they went away. I agree that myself as well as others could use a little better judgment sometimes but some replies are just hard to resist at the time. smile
As far as spelling mistakes, I think a constant offender should be called on it if you can see that that have the resources and ability to correct it. It is an insult to other board members to make continued errors when posting about a serious subject. It just shows that they didn't take the time. An error now and again is no big deal.

I don't think that saying "I'm not going to play with you any more" is a proper response. Stay and do your part to make it better. smile

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:53 PM

Well, Ill teel ya, if I remover all the speelin' ers and my life was extended by that much, I would onle be bout 40 :rolleyes:

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:54 PM

Thick skinned Law? Is that like dense? laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:55 PM

Naw, thats 'thich headed'

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 02:59 PM

I thought that was stubborn, Erine. And we all know that applies to Law laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:01 PM

I'd like to go ahead and apologize in advance for any caustic, sarcastic, or otherwise acerbic comments that I might make that may offend anyone.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:03 PM

Ditto!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:19 PM

LOL...wit and humor is always appreciated. Sarcasm with a biting edge is not. Choosing to stay to help make it better may be an option that I should consider, but I, too, am probably guilty of sarcasm in as much as I don't want to think that I am. I think we should all think about what we are writing, and yes, proof it for errors, before we hit "add reply". I don't want newbies to be offended, thinking we are all that way, so I just thought it would be good to bring it to light, and if we see ourselves in it, then we have an opportunity to fix it. If the shoe fits, wear it. And, Law, before you ask about shoes, I did not mean that you NEEDED the hat, just thought since you asked, I'd respond...humor or sarcasm? laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:26 PM

Some people want the boarders to plan their entire vacation and that takes the fun out of it for them not to mention that it's not possible. What is a nice way of saying, "wait until you get to SP to plan..."? Sometimes there just isn't a nice way of putting things.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:27 PM

Originally posted by Belikin Bill:
To error on the side of kindness and neighborliness is always best.
BB - that's "To err" not "to error" :p
Stubborn? Hey - I recognize I may not always be right, but I am always articulate! and I am happy to report that I have it on good authority that I am most certainly not dense!

E - I thought you were only 38? I'm gonna have to rethink some things wink

Shoes? Did someone say shoes? What's a hat without matching shoes?

Dog - apology accepted! offend away!

BB - I'll deal with you later, boy!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:33 PM

MY POST GOT NUKED, AGAIN !

I said "Law hard headed? Gwad ferbid"

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:35 PM

Well, E - I guess it's just a matter of how you arrange the nouns and verbs :p

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:39 PM

You mean the speel cop did it?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:40 PM

not exactly...
now who's dense? :p

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:42 PM

Then Who?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:43 PM

Hey - I can barely only keep up with my own posts - and I'm behind - you're on your own there, buddy!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:47 PM

Who are you billing this time to? The SPSC?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 03:53 PM

You know I am the queen of multi-tasking! That's why God invented windows. I've only been here 45 minutes and I've already billed three hours!
I never billed SPSC - you personally, on the other hand.... laugh
Posted By: RMT

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 04:41 PM

Law and TQ I could not agree more. This board really has lightened up as of late. I think we all remember oh, say a few months back what was going on. I think a lot of it really has to do with how you interpret things. For the most part I find everyone to be pretty friendly and I too enjoy the quirkiness and the variety of characters. There must be something to it to keep us all reading. smile Rhonda

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:04 PM

Gee, Rhon - ya think maybe the deal is we just crack ourselves up? laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:07 PM

There you have it! Nothing worse than laughing at your own jokes I suppose... laugh

Now..let me get back to my matchmaking.....lol

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:10 PM

Oh, I don't know - there's something to be said for amusing ourselves at the expense of others... laugh

you're braver than I w/ that matchmaking stuff...

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:20 PM

Yeah Law I really think you dense laugh laugh And to err now and again is human smile Hey be careful with ernie. He seems like the sensitive type. You might cause him severe mental duress. I will not touch the self amusement comment.

TQ - I did not see anything offensive on this thread either. Also something tells me JD understood and can handle himself just fine. He is a little hyper.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:24 PM

I am sensitive, Im trying to reach my female side confused

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:27 PM

Ernie I think it's behind you! Look!!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:27 PM

Gee, Bill, if I was the sensitive type, I might think you don't like me! But I have very little sense...
As for E - he knows I'm his biggest fan! Even if he is reeealy old - and can't stay out late! laugh
about the only offensive thing I've seen of late is your spelling and grammar! Remedial classes are available for that, ya know! :p

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:29 PM

laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:30 PM

Hey Enrie wach the spelin smile

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:31 PM

WHO'S GOT MY SIX?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:33 PM

Law that remedial comment wasn't very freindly. smile

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:35 PM

Perhaps I should have jumped on the advance apology bandwagon - still, we're all mature adults here and must face the fact that sometimes the truth hurts. frown
Shall I send you the application forms?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:40 PM

Mature? Are you kidding me?? Law instead of the bandwagon how about the Welcome Wagon?

Ernie..I got Ya' six right heeeeere!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:46 PM

Law Yes please, you got one for my tpying also smile

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:47 PM

Permit me to clarify - I'm talking chronological age, not behavior! I would have thought that was clear! :rolleyes:

Welcome Wagon, hmmmmm - ya know, they say bad luck is being run over by the welcome wagon...

E - please tell me when you're talking SIX, you're not talking about extra toes!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:48 PM

you take the forms, I'll hold the app fees and meet ya in Bora Bora

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:52 PM

Bill, I believe I can assist w/ the spelling and grammar - as for the typing: if you don't know how to use your hands by now.....

K - what app fees? I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart! smile

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 05:53 PM

Geeze klc...I thought ALL money, fees ect., were supposed to be sent directly to Denny? confused

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 06:01 PM

Law - When you die I want your heart. I'm sure it's in great shape, hasn't been used much. smile

Klcman - Just because you fell for the fee scam!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 06:16 PM

Bill - I see that not only are you unable to include all necessary verbs in your sentences, you can't come up with your own jokes either! That one's cute - even if it is someone else's. I'm sorry I can't offer you a remedial class in humor; like being good with your hands, ya either got it or ya don't! :p
Posted By: seashell

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 06:53 PM

Bill, did I read earlier that you refuse to touch yourself?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 06:58 PM

Bill, ya know, just because you go back and edit doesn't mean you didn't screw it up in the first place! laugh

SeaShell - that's a little personal!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 07:01 PM

Yeah Bill, if ya post it, die by it and tell the world to kiss yer a$$

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 07:02 PM

SS No you must have not read it correctly. I only said I would not touch the comment that some were into self amusement. laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 07:05 PM

Hey Ernie When you type like me editing is legal and I'm not an ass kisser.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 07:06 PM

BB, like shadow puppets, right. laugh laugh laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 07:11 PM

Editing is one thing - but when you've been bested and have to go back and change your post to try and get out of it, well, that just smacks of insecurity!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 07:27 PM

Sure, Bill, sure.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 07:40 PM

Law If you look at my posts I do edit them for typos and spellin quite often in that I am far from perfect.

I have told you before that you are the best and that no one can keep up with your superior wit and intellect. All bow down to Law!!!! laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 07:53 PM

BB Stop trying to suck up to Law!!! We all saw the comment. You're outnumbered pal! laugh

( ok so I'm still bitter about naming the north contest...)

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 07:55 PM

Well gee, Bill, no one's perfect - where's the fun in that? And I've told you before that I'm just another one of those inane posters here! One big happy, dysfunctional family! Hell, we're probably related! laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 08:01 PM

Rhon - you're just bittersweet! smile
oh - and I think Bill's wandered far from sucking up!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 08:03 PM

Hard to say - I'm pretty sure I was found abandoned in a cabbage patch - least that's the story I always got growing up! :rolleyes:

P.S. - it's "nor" suck up!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 08:06 PM

Well, Geez, Bill - wtf? now we're not just editing, we're deleting? Get back here, boy! laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 08:08 PM

You better surender BB smile They are kicking your tail laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 08:15 PM

Well Ernie - This time I hit the add reply key before I was done so I thought I would delete and repost and before I could Law had already replied. Hell I only type with two fingers. And now I'm her boy!!! Next thing you know they will be calling me their "[email protected]%". smile I already bowed down. Any suggestions?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 08:19 PM

The post that Law refers to that should be inserted between 2:01 and 2:03 stats:

RMT I neither suck up nor kiss ass.

Law - Who's your Daddy? laugh and I was not wandering!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 08:23 PM

Bill, now your starting to sound like yourself. laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 08:26 PM

Bill - your deleted/replaced post didn't say "nor" it said "or" laugh
FYI - I use the term "boy" in the most endearing way - not meant to be pejorative at all. Please don't bow, I haven't mastered my curtsey skills yet and so I wouldn't be able to reciprocate.

Ok - wanna kiss and make up?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 09:32 PM

RUN BILL, RUN!!!!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 09:34 PM

Law The post was deleted within 10 seconds of creation and had not been previewed yet. It was still incomplete. The incomplete post said neiter or plus had an imcomplete comment at the end about wandering if you is important for you to be right or to know what was there.

"Who errs and mends, to God himself commends"
---- Don Quixote

"Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
---- Psalms

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 09:35 PM

Ernie - Why should I run from Law when she wants to kiss and make up? Is she that bad?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 09:40 PM

Bill - re the 2:34 pm post: help me out here - I read it, I think I get it... but am not sure?

E - inquiring minds wanna know?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 09:50 PM

"The spider said to the fly. Come into my house"

NOW >>>> RUN LIKE HELL!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 09:50 PM

deleted by me. smile

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 09:54 PM

TQ - thanks for the vote - I think? laugh - but I'm sure there was no mention of making out! Just lookin for a little family bonding!
E - could it be you jus want me all to yourself? :p

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 09:57 PM

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeettttttttttteeeeeeeeeeee!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 09:58 PM

Ernie - You mean she is like a black widow spider?

TQ - Hmmmmmm!!! Does this have anything to do with your recent weekend adventure?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 10:01 PM

lastly, deleted. smile smile smile

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 10:10 PM

TQ - Stop helping me! laugh
BB - I've been compared to/called much worse! Still, I don't bite - honest! I'm just the friendly sort - rarely misconstrued, at least not until my friends jump in and try to help out! laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 10:11 PM

I thought the S-I-B thread was in chat laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 10:11 PM

TQ - very good recovery!! Please explain the (etc.) - inquiring minds wanna know? Yes I enjoy Laws quick wit. It's always better than the alternative.

Law - 2:34 Means I'm not fighting with you! The way you pick at nits, any deeper explanation might have me in trouble again laugh laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 10:17 PM

Okay, BB - no more picking (on you) - I promise!

K - as usual you are correct, and as we are NOT talking S-I-B (or anywhere else) this conversation doesn't belong on that thread - however, it does probably belong in Chat - oopps!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 10:20 PM

klcman - Who appointed you hall monitor? laugh
Posted By: Chris

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 10:35 PM

"Topic: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board" answer: members who drift aimlessly off topic.
Posted By: Chris

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 10:36 PM

Ha Ha, just kidding, I think!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 10:42 PM

I think you are right on Chris. I can not speak for the others but this has been mindless banter for me. This should be in chat!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 10:45 PM

hah BB - self annointed

(drifting aimlessly off into.....)

L - glad you agree and acknowledge correctness wink

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 10:51 PM

Chris - you are correct - in retrospect this entire thread might have been better suited for GC. Accordingly, in view of my numerous, grievous infractions, I'm contemplating a period of self-imposed banishment...

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 11:22 PM

Chris, thankyou for the reminder. Sometimes we boarders forget our own rules.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/19/06 11:26 PM

Or having remembered them, flagrantly flout them.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 12:09 AM

cool cool laugh
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 12:51 AM

Don't you people work!!!! laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 12:54 AM

time to ban Simon for cursing! :p
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 01:10 AM

On reflection this was a stupid topic. People like being bitchy, especially me.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 01:17 AM

now there's a CNN headline update laugh

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 01:21 AM

Pedro, you are right but I bet it keeps going.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 12:30 PM

Just goes to show you that some people actually experience personal growth from these dialogues.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 12:59 PM

DP - you are such a Dog! laugh

Simon - of course we have jobs - we just like it better here!

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 01:05 PM

I aint got no stinkin job smile
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 01:39 PM

work.... why work ...It is good to be king..

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 01:43 PM

I took time off from play to post a couple things yday.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 02:16 PM

Good morning....hmmm I guess it seems that most of us frequent posters are self employed or unemployed. At the moment I fall into the first category.
Law, where's my coffee?

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 02:35 PM

Fine - I stand corrected - yet again :rolleyes: Apparently none of you have real jobs! I am sooooo jealous and am also now wondering why I have to make the coffee rather than one of you people of leisure... - oh yeah, now I remember, it's cause I'm so good at it :p
Posted By: Inky

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 07:18 PM

I am brand new to this site. I don’t think anyone should be banned or censored for speaking his or her mind. I respect Free Speech, and want people’s HONEST opinions, and value everyone’s input.

Originally posted by Pedro1:
9. No direct advertising

Just my thoughts
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 07:26 PM

Ban everyone and let Marty sort em out.

Law, I've got a real job. Just sitting here waiting for the next emergency. Bummer. Need a lottery win. Need a Belikin. Need a few lobster tails, conch ceviche. I am really needy today.

Re: Who Should be Banned from the About AC Board - 04/20/06 07:43 PM

Gee, Bobber - I feel your pain!

My real job doesn't involve a timeclock - I stay til the work's done - the more I play, the longer it takes - yesterday took a really long time!
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board