AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Carnival Goings On

Posted By: Laguna Punta

Carnival Goings On - 02/28/01 02:09 AM

Dateline: San Pedro, 6pm, Carnival. Hi everyone: A short report on the goings on on Barrier Reef Drive, Mardi Gras Day. Its a mess. We got a couple hundred kids, young and old, out here smearing themselves with paint. The good news is that, so far, us upright, serious "journalist" have been spared the indignities of the huddled masses. So far. More later, I'm going out, close and personal. Wish me luck!
Posted By: Debbie

Re: Carnival Goings On - 02/28/01 04:37 PM

Well Bill
Are your clothes stained beyond repair? I have a hard time imagining that your didn't get caught up in the moment and haul out your paintball gun yourself? Where was party central? Hope you had a good time.
Debbie
Posted By: Dallas Dave

Re: Carnival Goings On - 02/28/01 11:55 PM

Just recieved a report that one of the crazy kids with paint and eggs was my son Eric. Watch out! I heard he was loaded for bear!
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Carnival Goings On - 03/01/01 01:23 AM

There's more damage to the town center from Carnaval than Hurrican Keith... paint smeared and thrown everywhere! Signs, murals, windows, storefronts, post office boxes, tile and flagstone walks, street signs, EVERYTHING! It's a shame... like graffiti in the ghettos.
Posted By: Dallas Dave

Re: Carnival Goings On - 03/01/01 02:47 AM

It happens every year. You should have seen a few years ago when all they had was oil based paint. What a mess! People were working it out of their hair for days.

Re: Carnival Goings On - 03/03/01 12:25 AM

Miracle of miracles. I attended the festival and nary one spec of paint soiled my impeccible clothing. Guess they thought I was "someone". Fooled them. Perhaps da sawed off shot gun may have helped. Now we wait for St Patrick's Day!! Belizians acting Irish, what a scene!

Re: Carnival Goings On - 03/05/01 04:57 PM

Bill,
Do they dye the Belikin green for the occasion? LOL
Debbie

Re: Carnival Goings On - 03/06/01 09:17 PM

Debbie: Wrong holiday. Thats done for St Patricks Day. Take care: Bill
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Carnival Goings On - 03/06/01 09:29 PM

uh, i thought that was what debbie was talking about. bill, READ YOUR OWN POSTS TOO, SILLY MAN!!

Re: Carnival Goings On - 03/07/01 04:29 AM

hope, you know i said it with love, and a wink!!

Re: Carnival Goings On - 03/07/01 05:30 PM

Denverdan,
Yes, my birthday is June 10th. We're arriving in AC on the 9th and departing on the 19th.... Will you be there then???? would certainly love to meet you. Bill stated he would be there then, so I'm holding him to it.... [Linked Image]
Debbie

Re: Carnival Goings On - 03/08/01 04:55 PM

Hope,
I'll cross my fingers for you to be there the same time. That would be wonderful. The more the merrier.

I also agree with you..... Jane MUST be there. She's still working on Frank. [Linked Image]
Debbie

Re: Carnival Goings On - 03/08/01 10:14 PM

f mentioned he'd like a vacation in april somewhere. so, i finally came out and asked last night. i did NOT get a positive response. in fact, it was closer to f**k off. dont worry gals, i dont give up that easily!! the trick is to let him think it is his idea...take it slow. and i'm pretty good at that. i still have time. he later apologized for his "abrupt" answer, and i said i'd drop it for now if he'd think about it. dont count me out yet!!! men hate to think we run things, don't they? (we know better!)

Re: Carnival Goings On - 03/08/01 10:54 PM

Jane,
*pouting* with a big lip, but not giving up!!!! Won't do that till I get there and don't see your smiling face. Yes. You have time...... Hubby wouldn't take me to Mexico one year... I said okay. That's fine. Then the travel agent returns one of my calls and he answeres the phone. He asks, "What's up with that?" I told him none of his business, you didn't want to go so I invited my sister and told him when we were scheduled to leave. He was pea green with envy and demanded I change my plans and take him. Never entered his mind that I'd consider going without him. Ha! [Linked Image]
Debbie
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board