AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Planning Our First Trip

Posted By: Dan

Planning Our First Trip - 03/25/01 07:53 PM

My wife and I are planning our first trip to Belize. We'll have a total of 7 nights and figure to spend 5 on AC or one of the outter cayes/atolls and 2 in the Cayo district to see the Mayan ruins. We love to dive and figure to spend three days doing that. Anyone have any suggestions on where to stay? Our budget is about $200 US per night for lodging. We'd like to get out to the Blue Hole and Lighthouse Reef but aren't sure we'll see enough if we stay the 5 nights there. Are day trips out there worth doing from AC? Is there a luggage piece/weight limit on flights to the Cayo district? I'm worried about our dive gear.

Thanks!!

Dan
Posted By: Karen Pasquariello

Re: Planning Our First Trip - 03/26/01 06:57 AM

Hi,
I like to spend a few nights in the jungle, to really get the feel of it instead of just taking day trips to the mainland from the island. There are lots of jungle and mountain lodges that are nice. If you don't mind being a little rustic, Banana Bank has a lot to offer- thatched roof cabanas on the edge of the jungle. I can't help much with the outer cayes but if you need info on Ambergris, I lived there and quite familiar with the various resorts. For $200 a night, you can stay in a nice place. On the top of my list is Victoria House. If you want lots of details, please feel free to email me direct at [email protected]
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board