AmbergrisCaye.com Home

COLORADO

Posted By: BC

COLORADO - 03/28/01 06:24 PM

HERE I AM. diann & OVER-40-PIRATE ARE YOU THERE ?
Posted By: Over_40_Pirate

Re: COLORADO - 03/28/01 08:22 PM

I'm back! Sorry, I was in a meeting (tying to sneak this stuff in at work!) Spring Fever!

Re: COLORADO - 03/28/01 10:40 PM

I HATE IT WHEN BUSINESS GETS IN THE WAY OF MY DAY DREAMING AND FUN PLANNING.
THERE, IT HAPPENED AGAIN, THE PHONE RANG.
LET ME GIVE YOU MY SCHEDULE AND YOU TWO SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO TO MAKE IT WORK.
FRIDAY 3/30 OR SATURDAY 3/31 WOULD WORK THE BEST AS WE HAVE FAMILY PLANS THE WEEKEND OF 4/6-8. I'LL BE GONE 4/14 THRU 4/24,GALAPAGOS ISLAND FOR A LITTLE DIVING. GOTTA GET WET. AFTER THAT WE ARE OPEN THE NEXT TWO WEEK ENDS
WE DO NOT MIND THE DRIVE TO DENVER WE ARE USE TO LOTS OF DRIVING BECAUSE OF WHERE WE LIVE.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU COME WITH AND I'LL BRING LOTS OF PICTURES OF PEOPLE DRINKING BELKINS.

Re: COLORADO - 03/29/01 12:15 AM

Well, I am going to hit Copper Mtn this Sat 3/31 for a little skiing...gotta go out Friday PM and get skis for the kids. Sounds like it may hafta wait until you get back from your trip. But if Diann is hanging around, I'd like to hear from her! Maybe we can still get together before then...?
Do either of you have digital photos you can send?
My email at work is [email protected]
By the way, my name is Steve.

Re: COLORADO - 03/29/01 12:36 AM

SORRY, ALL OUR PICTURES ARE TH OLD FASHION KIND, BUT I'LL TRY AND SCAN A FEW AND SEND THEM TO YOU. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU AND DIANN COME UP WITH AND I'LL TRY TO MEET WITH YOU, IF NOT, WEE CAN DO IT AFTER 4/23.
MY NAME IS BILL
MY E-MAIL AT WORK IS [email protected] IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT TRY; [email protected]
LOOKING FOWARD TO GETTING TOGEATHER.
P.S. COPPER IS A GREAT PLACE TO TAKE KIDS MINE ALWAYS LOVED THE PLACE, ME TOO

Re: COLORADO - 03/29/01 12:55 AM

That'll work. Have a GREAT trip!!
Diann...where are you???
Posted By: diann

Re: COLORADO - 03/29/01 03:53 AM

Hey guys!!! I'm a little late, aren't I?!?!?! Well, I'm too excited to wait til late April!!!! And Steve, I know you said you need to get ski's this Friday evening, but could we meet earlier than 4? To give you enough time to get ski's?? Or how about Sunday afternoon, around 2 or so? Let me know....I'm just the kind that CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! I've invited a guy that has been to Belize also, and he has some pix too. Guess it will be a miracle if we can get everyone together. Do either of you have any of those instant chatters?? I have yahoo and msn, so if you want to go that route, we can talk there also. Hope to see ya soon!!!!

Re: COLORADO - 03/29/01 05:11 PM

THERE YOU ARE!!! Earlier Friday won't float...I gotta work 'till around 5. Sunday may be an option, though. I was just looking at the weather, Saturday's supposed to be nasty, so I may bump the skiing to Sunday...which opens up the Sat option. I'll letcha know what I decide...are you pretty open?
I can download an IM...just let me know which one. At home I'm on AOL, but here I can get pretty much anything.
I can't wait to see some pix!!! I have never been to AC, but am really jazzed about going! I'm not sure I can wait 'till August!

Re: COLORADO - 03/29/01 05:27 PM

SUNDAY AT 2:00 - 2:30 AT JAX WILL WORK FOR US OR LET ME KNOW ABOUT SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
LOOKS LIKE WE MIGHT BE GETTING CLOSE TO A PLAN.
Posted By: jlslks

Re: COLORADO - 03/29/01 05:51 PM

Diann,
Now We understand your e-mail address........
Ain't modern tecknoligy great????
Although it can't help everyones spelling.
Wish Colo. wasn't so far from TEXAS ,I'd come have a drink with you'll..O well maybe in San Pedro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!John

Re: COLORADO - 03/31/01 08:02 AM

so john... you're going to let a little thing like distance stop you?!?!?!?! sheeesh!!!! and you're the one talking about being adventurous???!!??!! [Linked Image] we'll take a group pix for ya.. how's that???

Re: COLORADO - 03/31/01 02:10 PM

Diann,
That's 2nd best to being there !!!!
tHE PICTURE IDEA IS GREAT....My AC scrapbook is getting bigger every day......Have a great time ... John S.
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: COLORADO - 03/31/01 03:12 PM

Well diann... since most of us live in Texas, why don't we go for drinks and you come here? Beware tho... most of the people that come and visit usually end up staying... permanently.

Re: COLORADO - 03/31/01 03:21 PM

Denny,
You are soooooo right...I cringe every time I see a U-haul truck or trailer... Don't know about your area but Dallas,& surrounding areas, are getting very crowded...But Diann, you can come visit anytime(pasport required0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Re: COLORADO - 04/01/01 09:36 PM

hmmmmmmmm.....move to Texas?!??!!? Well, all I can say bout that is I'd be ALOT closer to AC!!!!! And as far as sending one of the pix from last nite... I've gotta get an okeedokee from the others....Pirate & BC....

Re: COLORADO - 04/02/01 04:18 PM

That's ok by me...we had a great time! We'll have to do that again! (Diann...these guys just wanna see what you look like...keep them in suspense!)
Although, I can't see why anybody in their right mind would move from CO to TX !!! Not even for free booze!! No offense guys...but I've been to Texas...WAY too flat for me (and humid!)And what's with all those TX accents around here???

Re: COLORADO - 04/02/01 04:52 PM

Over_40_Pirate,

Your one of the few that didn't stay...Ha !When you get as old as I am, You need FLAT ground........ I'll have to agree with you that Colo. is very pretty but The coldest I've ever been was there...I'll take the heat any day over cold...But to each his own.
When are you going to AC{a place we all agree on)????About the picture----- It's all in fun......................John S.

Re: COLORADO - 04/02/01 05:37 PM

Over 40 Pirate... way too flat? Man, you've never been out to west texas... first time I went to Big Bend I thought this must be God's playground. Stunning scenery, rolling hills, total silence. I've often thought about moving out that way but even I think I wouldn't be able to handle the beauty and silence... expecially in the night with a billion stars in the sky... I think I saw more stars out there than when I was in the Navy in the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific...

Re: COLORADO - 04/02/01 06:50 PM

We're going to AC in early August. Yeah, I know, it'll be hot & humid...
Got anything over 14,000 ft in west Texas?? There's so many stars up there, that they've even built an observatory on Mt. Evans!
Actually, I find the winters here to be pretty mild, but then again, I've been through the midwest winters and even 2 yrs in Minot, N.D.!!! UGH!!!
Posted By: denverdan

Re: COLORADO - 04/04/01 07:06 AM

Hey all,
Colorado is GRAND!!!! NO brrruuur about it!
It's nothing like the east coast, or mid west during the "snow months". Totally cool..... except we're missing the ocean for summer......!
AC is great. Anyone for Oct?
Sorry we missed out on dinner/drinks, we were out of town at the time. Are you doing this again soon?
Sincerely

Re: COLORADO - 04/04/01 04:08 PM

Hi all...
You are so right about needing the ocean here!!!!!!! Let's see; bring the ocean, or a huge body of WARM water that allows a larger than 10x10 swimming area; sand; greenery/palms year round; real veggies... no hydrocraponic tomats for me!!; fresh fish to eat and catch.. and I mean REAL fish.. like salmon, etc. One's that actually have a weight class [Linked Image] and I'll stop my complaining!!!!!!

As far as a get together Denver Dan... we were thinking about doing it real soon, and this time at Maggiano's... don't take offense Over 40 and almost 43 [Linked Image] Pirate; great food but certainly not enuff!!! I left starving!!! Both for more food and more AC ......there's also a guy in Colorado Springs that wants to get together.....he's from the board too, so, somehow, lets make it happen!!! ciao for now....

ps jlslks... i've got a pix for you, and if you can pick me out in this one, i'll send you the other!!!

Re: COLORADO - 04/04/01 05:44 PM

How bout me??? I want pics also!!

Re: COLORADO - 04/04/01 07:30 PM

Oh, sure...go ahead and tell everybody how old I am...remember...I know how old you are too!!
Not enuf food???!!! I left there STUFFED! You must have hollow legs, 'cause you certainly aren't packin' it anywhere else!

Re: COLORADO - 04/04/01 11:49 PM

AT LEAST YOU WERE NOT THE OLDEST ONE THERE.
I AGREE WITH DIANN, I WAS LOOKING FOR MORE FOOD BY 1:00 AM . ALL THAT BEER MIGHT HAVE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT.. DO YOU THINK ??
LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTIN TOGETHER AGAIN.

Re: COLORADO - 04/05/01 01:08 AM

What we need is some Belikins, and chicken, beans,and rice!
Posted By: Sunkissed

Re: COLORADO - 04/05/01 01:17 AM

Hey Diann, I live in Oregon, a little farther away but my husband loves to fish (his favorite rivers, the Deschutes and the Rogue) so do I have salmon for you, only a freezer full. Plus I have a coastline which is only 40 minutes away. It might just be a touch colder (ok, so a hell of a lot colder) but it is absolutely beautiful. Living so close to the coast is nice. We get to have fresh seafood all year round. Maybe not the tropical fish, but just as tasty. Dungenous Crab is my favorite. Mmmmmm Mmmmmmm!!

Re: COLORADO - 04/05/01 04:19 AM

Hey, sunkissed! I've been to Oregon...you are truly blessed with a beautiful state! The coastline is incredible, and Crater Lake is just jaw-dropping awesome! But you are a bit colder and wetter than we are!

Re: COLORADO - 04/05/01 12:37 PM

diann
Where did you send the pix to??????
looking forward to seeing it.......I had surgery yesterday so wasn't on-line any... Surgery went well but now for the down time I'll probably be watching the board a lot...
Sounds like you'll had a great yime at dinner!!!! wish I'd been there...Catch you later!!!!!!!! John S.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board