AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: rickcheri Diesel marine engines?? - 05/06/01 06:27 AM
Does anyone have any connects here in the states for a diesel marine engine?? I need to get ahold of one, to ship down to our friend who lost everything in the hurricane.. Please email us [email protected] or let us know here.. Thanks you all... Rick and Cheri
Posted By: Axeman Re: Diesel marine engines?? - 05/15/01 12:15 AM
Rick, you might want to put in the exact spec's needed to give people alittle more idea of whats needed. Just a thought..from a bud...Have you looked on Ebay?
Posted By: deano Re: Diesel marine engines?? - 05/15/01 02:22 AM
Rick..I have had several small aux, Diesel engines in various sailboats.. You need to have some idea of how many horse power needed, The size and weight of the boat at least, as well as whether a transmission is needed or if it is to fit an existing gear box..You also should think about a brand that has parts and service support in Belize.. I suspect Detroit Diesel and Yanmar (both major players) would have support in Belize. There are plenty of others,Universal, SAAB, Volvo,Perkins just to name a few. Pick up a Cruising World mag. next time you are at the bookstore, You'll find a ton of ads in the back. New, used , parts and etc.Then start calling!!Let me know if I can help you I have plenty of experience with them, but land locked Colo isnt the place to be looking for one! Deano
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Diesel marine engines?? - 05/15/01 05:17 AM
Thanks Axeman,, and Deano---
Hey Deano---

I'm not to savy with marine engines.. I know this.. Looking for a 200-210 hp diesel with turbo... New or used..It needs to fit where a Marine Powered 350 8 clyd. 260hp did...straight inboard...Needs tran,shaft, propellors, strut and gages... Have been incontact with cummins, but they won't sell here to be shipped to Belize, because they need to test run the engine after its been installed for warranty purposes... Please email me so we can talk, Thank you for your response.... Rick
Posted By: Axeman Re: Diesel marine engines?? - 05/27/01 03:11 AM
punt..to the top....weeeeeeeee
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Diesel marine engines?? - 05/27/01 03:47 AM
Thanks.... AX!!!!!!!!1 Rick
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Diesel marine engines?? - 05/27/01 10:12 PM
Checkout LUGGER, I think from Seattle. Barry Bowen had a distributorship in Belize at one time... you might check with him.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board