AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: NYgal M-A - 05/21/01 06:16 PM
I too used to get paranoid, didn't feel like I would blend in with the other posters but now it seems that I am more aware that we all have something to say, just need the right topic to talk about. I read until I found that the topic changed in the middle of the thread. Then I lost interest.
Good to see I wasn't alone.
Posted By: BillandJeanne Re: M-A - 05/23/01 05:51 AM
I'm not sure what to think of this post. I understand about topics changing mid-thread. I have to say, it's irritating to see a thread you start with a question you post turn into a debate about some unknown tangent.
Of course, you may be talking about something else, and I've changed subjects?
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: M-A - 05/23/01 12:27 PM
Well... not sure if this is giong to come out right but... it depends on where you are asking your question. The other section of this board is pretty much for the serious information stuff. This particular section is designed for the semi serious, goofing around, Belize veterans, kinda people.

Does it serve a purpose? Of course it does... Just take a look at what has grown to a party of mamouth proportions regarding Debbie's party and IN Belize. This wouldn't have happened if it weren't for this particular section of the board. As a result we have all became friends here.

All the sections here have a purpose... this particular section is for fun... it was designed that way for that purpose...

[This message has been edited by Denny Shane (edited 05-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Denny Shane (edited 05-23-2001).]
Posted By: Sandcrab Re: M-A - 05/23/01 02:50 PM
Interesting viewpoint Denny. I'm not sure about this section being only for fun and goofing around, though that's okay. Any kind of chat is surely welcome on a forum named, "General Chat Area".

So, since this topic is not about AC in particular, it would seem to be properly placed.... what thinkest thou?

**Jim
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: M-A - 05/23/01 04:21 PM
You guys are thinkin' too much again.

CC
Posted By: NYgal Re: M-A - 05/23/01 04:23 PM
BillandJeanne, I wasn't posting this to make waves, I think you have mentioned what I was referring to.
Denny, I wasn't trying to stir the pot. It is just a return response to M-A Gaffney's post. I had put it in the wrong thread to begin with and just started a new thread. I have watched some threads go on forever about lotsa different things. This is all in fun, and I have just tried to open a new topic.
Guess thanks are in order to Sandcrab.
We haven't been to Ambergris Caye, but have visited Belize several times and do intend to make it our home. It is in the works, as we speak,only it's mainland and on the seaside. We hope to make it to AC someday and this is our way of seeing what we are go expect when we make that AC trip. Gosh, didn't didnt mean any harm. If I did, sorry!
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: M-A - 05/23/01 06:38 PM
No NYGal, you didn't stir the pot at all... When Marty created this particular portion of the board I always thought it was for the regulars to goof off, talk about experiences in Belize, and just chat... so as to not clog up the main section of the board with junk. The main section is very definitely for Ambergris... this is for whatever, and I need to stop here before I don't even know what I am talking about anymore... lol
Posted By: NYgal Re: M-A - 05/23/01 07:18 PM
Denny...it's fun to ramble, I do it often and then it turns into babble. LOL
Posted By: Anonymous Re: M-A - 05/23/01 09:23 PM
i have to jump in here. first - choochoo, you crack me up. and y'all know i met im on AC last summer.

second, this section of the board was MY IDEA. i am taking full credit here (patting my back). marty was kind enough to oblige me. and yes, it was intended for all-purpose chat, so those of us with worse manners (and language) wouldn't offend anyone else.
Posted By: Axeman Re: M-A - 05/23/01 11:27 PM
Oh Jane, Not you!!! Offensive Talk from YOU???...I'm so shocked....

:-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: M-A - 05/23/01 11:46 PM
i am multi-faceted!
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: M-A - 05/24/01 12:27 PM
Multi-faceted? OoooOoOoO that's sounds so kinky...
Posted By: Axeman Re: M-A - 05/24/01 01:56 PM
Ah..the True Denny appears...thats diffent than muti-input...or multi-tasking..right?
help me out here Den...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: M-A - 05/24/01 03:41 PM
play your cards right, i may be any or all of those things...

now, who is taking me to AC in June?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: M-A - 05/24/01 03:53 PM
ok, seriously, to answer some of the questions originally posed on this thread...

this board was created for those of us who feel we have made friends here. not so much for the exchange of any pertinent information. that is what the "about AC" board is for. i personally feel i have forged some unique friendships here, and sometimes it is nice to just touch base with someone who makes you smile, laugh, or just feel good. i am often just "frank's wife" or "aimee's mom", but here i am jane. me. some of us losers need this sort of attention, or desire it.

as silly and useless as it may seem to some of you, I LOVE CHECKING THIS BOARD FOR NONSENSE EVERY DAY! maybe i have no life, but so be it. i, for one, have been keeping the idle banter off the AC board, but we cannot control everyone. we are sorry if we are wasting anyone else's time, but we are just having fun.

no one remembers the original silliness of bill & choochoo? are we so staunch in our ways that a little fun can't be incorporated into valid information? is anyone getting hurt?

life is serious every day. it is hard work and there are few rewards. the attention and recognition of friendship is a welcome break in my life. anytime!
Posted By: Debbie Re: M-A - 05/24/01 05:41 PM
Touche! My dear friend!
Posted By: NYgal Re: M-A - 05/24/01 06:26 PM
gee jane.....I thought everyone was enjoying themselves. What happened? Nothing personal was sent in your direction. A little laughter is fun, I agree. I enjoy reading this too. Don't get serious on us now...
Posted By: lmarquis Re: M-A - 05/24/01 07:36 PM
Yea for NY gal.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: M-A - 05/24/01 08:25 PM
me, serious? nawwwww.

just setting the record straight, so to speak. just had to get it off my chest (small as it may be).

now, WHO IS TAKING ME TO SAN PEDRO IN JUNE???????
Posted By: Punta Rebel Girl Re: M-A - 05/24/01 08:54 PM
Hey Jane, I'll take you if you take me okay? After reading what you wrote, I think we are the same person. How sad is it that the highlight of my social life on any given day is to read this board and the AC board? Always mommy, or Gary's wife, but here, I am PUNTA REBEL GIRL, mad Punta dancer of San Pedro, punta punta!!!!!!!! Well, it makes me feel special anyway. [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: M-A - 05/24/01 09:04 PM
You are special Punta Girl, you're no ordinary mommy or wife, you're the Punta Girl from San Pedro leading a wild and extraordinary life. Keep smiling.
Posted By: Punta Rebel Girl Re: M-A - 05/24/01 09:12 PM
Thank you Becky!!!!! See what I mean, this board just makes you feel good. It is Cyber Belize.
Punta Rebel Girl
Posted By: B_b_f_b Re: M-A - 05/24/01 09:19 PM
Hope you don't mind - had to post this email my boss sent me once. Hope you all don't mind, but I enjoyed it and I reread it often when I think I need to be heading somewhere specific. Read on and enjoy.

Tucked away in our subconscious is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent. We are traveling by train. Out the window, we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving at a crossing, of cattle grazing on a distant hillside, of smoke pouring from a power plant, of row upon row of corn and wheat, of flatlands and valleys, of mountains and rolling hillsides, of city skylines and village halls. But uppermost in our minds is the final destination. On a certain day at a certain hour, we will pull into the station. Bands will be playing and flags waving. Once we get there, so many wonderful dreams will come true and the pieces will fit together like a completed jigsaw puzzle. How restlessly we pace the aisles, damning the minutes for loitering--waiting, waiting, waiting for the station. "When we reach the station, that will be it!" we cry. "When I'm 18." "When I buy a new 450 SL Mercedes Benz!" "When I put the last kid through college." "When I have paid off the mortgage!" "When I get a promotion." "When I reach the age of retirement, I shall live happily ever after!" Sooner or later, we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at, once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out-distances us.

"Relish the moment" is a good motto to have and one I have been trying to keep in my sight since I've returned from San Pedro.

Hope this wasn't too long for you on the board and if it was sorry.
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: M-A - 05/24/01 08:54 PM
Wow Becky.... that was really profound reading. That is definitely a keeper.

And on the lighter side... Jane? small? remember I told you anything over a mouthful is a waste!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board