AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Bret Places to Stay - 05/31/01 07:42 PM
Is it fairly easy to find a place to stay once in Belize/AC? Should I book ahead?
Posted By: Axeman Re: Places to Stay - 06/01/01 03:02 AM
Bret...look on top of this web page for some great suggestions..under lodging...I went to AC solo..on a Dive Package..with Blue Hole Dive Shop...$1000 for 9 days 12 dives..Stayed at Coconuts and LOVED IT..

If your looking for a simple, inexpensive place try Ruby's...Suggest you reserve a front room..as they are more sought after...

The only problem I think you'll find in just showing up is the nicer rooms will be taken...There are many places to stay...Hideaway is another one..it has a pool..and the Ladies who run it are a riot!!! It is not Ocean Front so concider AC if your going during the warmer part of the season...
It all depends on what your planning on spending...and what you expect...I went down there to Dive and relax..I was thrilled to find 2 Full sized beds in my room, AC , clean well cared for rooms and very, very nice folks there...In addition, they have a neat bar that overlooks the reef. (coconuts)
If you need top of the line stuff..look to Journey's End or one of the other places up north..The only drawback is you need to take a water taxi to get into town...unless you like the isolation..I'm kind of a people person, so I found my place perfect..close enough to get into town on a bike..far enough that I was never disturbed at night...

Personaly...I was in Heaven...I truely love AC and it's people! It's one of the few places where I've been without a care...and that..is..what..I..dream...about..everyday...
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Places to Stay - 06/01/01 09:01 AM
I second what Axeman has said, but need to look at the Holiday, you will love it, right down town on the beach.. Great bar, Rest. and Deli, and the staff is wonderful... Let us know.. Rick
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board