AmbergrisCaye.com Home

A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?)

Posted By: Over_40_Pirate

A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/15/01 06:13 PM

Will be there Aug 6 - Aug 13. Anybody else going in August? We'll be at Seven Seas Resort. Looking forward to meeting some fellow message boarders while there!
Posted By: patrick-e

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/15/01 10:56 PM

Pirate, unfortunately, we'll miss you by several days. Leaving for San Pedro on Aug 18 and returning to the states on Sept 2nd. On the way back, will fly to Tikal for a couple of days, therefore, will leave AC on Aug 30th. Plan to stay at Paradise Villas, dive with Hustler Tours, drink a few Belikins, and generally rest and relax! Too bad you are going early. I saw posts on the board yesterday from two others that are going in August. They might be there earlier in the month. Hope you really enjoy you visit.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/15/01 11:07 PM

I'll try to leave some Belikin for you...NOT!!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: curly

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/15/01 11:40 PM

pirate, i'm planning to leave canada aug 4 with a buddy and staying in belize indefinately. might see you. flying into can cun on a charter flight, and then catching the bus to belize. its the cheapest for us in the great white north.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/15/01 11:53 PM

alas, again, not me.

i went last august tho, and 40, seriously, bring the bug spray & benedryl cream, man. it may be better this year, but for several days, we lost the wind, and it was brutal. 7 cans of Off in 7 days for 2 people. they were somewhat better in town, but we were up north. heard the south end had many too. never saw anything like it. resort staff was joking "that's why we call august the 'off' season!". ha ha.

oh, the rest was great.
Posted By: diann

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/16/01 12:33 AM

hahahahahha oh jane... is this really true?!?!?!?! oh, i'm luvin life!! 'member my fav saying pirate?!?!? bite me?!?!?! lol...well, that just means you'll be thinking bout us stuck here in colorado!!! lol........ payback baby, payback... [Linked Image]
Posted By: patrick-e

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/16/01 02:44 AM

Pirate, I'm not worried that you will drink all the Belikins on the island. As they heard that you were coming, they decided to increase production to 197% of capacity. Additionally, they have increased the workforce at the brewery by adding a 4th, 5th, and 6th shift. And finally, they knew that if there were to be any beer left on the 18th of August, when I arrive, they would have to import some Belikins from the mainland, where they have a warehouse that can hold 4 pirates worth of beer. So, you can see that I am not worried. There will be plenty of beer for me when I arrive. But, just go ahead and try to drink all of the beer on the island, because I have just bought stock in the company! Have a great trip.
Posted By: lupay

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/16/01 04:51 AM

Will be there Aug 2 thru 9th diving with Ramons staying at BZ Reef. Comming from Ohio and counting the days

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/16/01 10:06 AM

LOL @ patrick!
Posted By: jackieo

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/17/01 04:05 AM

You already know I am going the 5th to the 13th and staying at the same place and coming from Cleveland, looking forward to meeting you and your family, I have read so much about you. I this your first time?
Posted By: little wolf

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/18/01 01:04 AM

going aug 3rd to the 10th, staying at Ramons, and there better be some beer left!!!
see ya then

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/18/01 03:58 PM

AAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH, Mateys!!!!! Finally, a little bit o' life on the board agin!!! Thanks fer the tips, janie... but the mosquito population in AC will suffer a serious decline in population after taking in toxic amounts of alcohol!!
Patrick-e, I am glad to see that my impending trip is having such a positive impact on the Belizean economy!!! Your stock is about to increase significantly, so I expect my return trips to be sponsored in full by Belikin Brewery. Are you sure they have enough water, barley, and hops??? You don't want to see a pirate on half-grog rations, mate!!!
Diann...I'll be sure to bag up some o' the little critters to spread around your pool...so every time you get bit, you'll think of me!! [Linked Image]
Little wolf...you've got a head start on me...you better take advantage!!
Jackieo...yes, this is my first time, but it's kind of hard to tell, huh? Feels, like I've already been there, and I'm returning for another visit!! Looks like lupay and little wolf are leaving on the 9th and 10th...so, probably get together on the 7th or 8th?? I'm sure you will see us poolside with belikins in hand as soon as we arrive on the 6th! Are you a diver? We are not, but plan to do some snorkeling. My wife will have just completed the Avon 3-day walk (60 miles) for breast cancer, so she'll be off her feet most of the week! Plus, we'll be celebrating our 20th anniversary as well as (she'll kill me fer this!) her 40th Birthday! A PARTY IS IN ORDER!!!! Can't wait to see you all there!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/18/01 04:10 PM

No I am not a diver but I will snorkel. I guess will have an anniversary/birthday bash. It is not every day that your wife turns 20ish again.Talk to you soon. jackie

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/18/01 04:29 PM

HAHAHAHA!!! 20x2!!! Twice as good as 20...she'll like that!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/18/01 04:40 PM

We are not divers too, but planning to do alot of snorkeling and Belikining, so we are in for the party!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/18/01 07:06 PM

little wolf will be getting one day headstart, will be in on the 2nd and will be staying at BZ reef 2 bldgs down from you, will be spending plenty of time at Ramon's bar, Pirate, Mrs. Pirate and Jackieo you must venture down our way and try the purple parrots at Ramons they are to die for

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/18/01 08:06 PM

lupay. do they have alot of action going on at Ramons bar at night in aug. being off season?

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/18/01 09:11 PM

YES, they usually have a good crowd they have a BBQ one night think its Thurs and usually a band one or two nights, will check with islandboyw and let you know

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/18/01 11:31 PM

My plan is to head south on the beach, and to hit every bar I come to! That way I can post a trip report on the bars rather than restaurants (provided I can remember my adventures!) As the time approaches, we can firm up a place/time to meet, or if you have a suggestion, let's hear it!
Posted By: Sassy2

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/19/01 12:31 AM

Ramon's definetely has it going on! I was there last week and they had the coyote ugly thing going on top of the bar. That was the night they found the security guard passed out in the bar the next morning! It was a GREAT TIME!!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/19/01 03:13 PM

Sounds like my kind of place!!! Let's hit Ramon's then...which nights does barefoot skinny play there?

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/19/01 03:17 PM

Sassy2

are Ruben, Raul and Herman still at the bar??
Posted By: Sassy2

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/20/01 02:16 AM

Lupay,
I couldn't tell you, I only remember they were fast!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/20/01 01:27 PM

Pirate, I think it is Tues that Barefoot plays. but any night and any place is good for us

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/20/01 03:44 PM

From Barefoot's web page:

Mondays: Joke Night and Open Jam at Fido’s Courtyard 8pm to 11:30pm.

Tuesdays: Ramon’s Village BBQ at The Purple Parrot Bar 6pm to 10pm.

Thursdays: Mango’s Cajun Cookin’ on the Beach 7pm to 11pm.

Fridays: Fido’s Courtyard: 8pm to 12am.

Sooo...looks like a meet is set for Tues nite Aug 7th at the Purple Parrot! Sound good?

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/20/01 05:30 PM

Sound good to me! We'll see you there.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/20/01 11:10 PM

sounds good!!! Islandboyw should be there and Shabetty's daughter Wanna(she will be comming in from Detroit) Jackieo can we count on you

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/21/01 04:01 AM

sounds like a plan to me.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/23/01 04:04 AM

we do not want our message to get lost somewhere on page 100. so how about those august travelers. don't go asleep now, we have alot of excitement ahead of us.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/23/01 05:49 PM

You right,Jackieo. We need to continue on. I already started setting aside things I want to take with as. Ordered ang got my SAFE SEA lotion. Wonder if it still be a problem with those jelly fish things or may be they will be gone by the time we get there in begining of Aug.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/24/01 04:52 AM

Where did you buy that lotion is it a sunscreen also? I am getting a few things here and there but I am actually a last minute packer. I guess that makes the days go quicker when you have nothing together and you are rushing to not forget anything and you leave in the morning. But according to everyone else we really do not need alot of things. who is everyone going with as you know I am going solo. Did the pirate go to sleep on us?

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/24/01 06:42 PM

there will be three of us if everything goes ok( two comming from Ohio and 1 from Michigan) we range from late twenties to something over forty. all enjoy a good time and are counting the days

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 01:23 AM

guys, i was there last august, and no jellyfish that we heard of. however, let me again stress the importance of bug spray in august. you may get lucky, but we didn't. bring it, and benedryl cream. zip locks are helpful, it is very humid. use them for film, money, cameras, wet shoes & suits upon return, and large ones for rum & hot sauce in the suitcase. my bottles of both leaked, but were easily contained. be prepared. and it is hot in august, bring a good brimmed hat and extra sunglasses in case you lose one. even if you are tanned, use spf 30 the first few days, and wear a t-shirt when snorkeling. enjoy!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 01:25 AM

ps - sorry i realized i sound like such a mom. well, i am one. i guess i cant get away from it....

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 04:35 AM

You do sound like mom, but thats okay when you traveling to thee unknown,everything is helpful.Thanks.littlewolf where is ohio are you or they coming from?
Posted By: NYgal

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 02:56 PM

jane, it's cool to see you post as a mom ! These newbies do need to have some good advice on their items they take. Not to make any digs, but lots of them just think it a big party to go to and they forget that "Mr. Sun" is out there to get ya and CAN ruin a good time. I surely don't want to be ill on my trips to Belize !
Enjoy........

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 03:47 PM

No, the pirate did not go to sleep on you....there was a concert to go to, grass to be mowed, golf balls to whack (hack?), and lots of beer to drink...hey, my weekend was full! [Linked Image]
I don't worry about what to pack...I just try to keep the wife from packing so much that I get a hernia carrying her bags!
Jackieo is right...i was afraid this thread was going to whither away before August! Keep it going!!Round up more travelers!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 05:28 PM

ny - a funny note: on our '93 trip there, the last day we snorkeled. i remembered to wear a t-shirt, but neglected the sunscreen. i sat on the plane with the most sunburned BUTT you would ever care (or not) to see! ouch!

hey pirate - what concert did you see? not 'nsync with diann, i hope! ha! we went to see tomb raider. i thought it was really cool, and lara croft can kick ass! . she is so much like me, it is uncanny (just kidding, of course).
Posted By: JMK

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 06:31 PM

I'm new to the board but have been reading up the past few days in anticipation of my first trip to AC. I'll be there August 4th-12th along with my boyfriend. I'm from NYC and he's living in Palo Alto so we're really excited to spend some quality time together in what sounds like an amazing place. We both love to meet new people and I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 07:01 PM

JackieO, the stuff we bought has sun screen, comes in 15, 30 or without. Got it from web site NIDARIA.COM Don't know if it works, got info from couple of posts on this board, will see. JaneinPa- we live 35 min from you in Yardley,Pa. Are you going to AC in Aug. too? WE are going 3-10th, three of us(hubby and 15years old son)-first timers. Sound like you been in Belize few times.We traveled all over Caribbean islands but it is the first time to Central America, so we don't know what to expect from this trip.From all reports here-sound like fun place to visit.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 07:50 PM

hi lw. yes, i'm in doylestown. we really like bucks county, moved here 2 yrs ago from willow grove.

we've gone to bz twice, and i love it. it isn't for every one tho. it is a third world country, and your son may see a few things he never has. don't expect too much, but if you are looking for a laid-back and mellow trip, that is the place. good snorkeling too. your son may enjoy a trip to see some ruins.

i am not going this year, but we plan to take our 2 kids (6 & 4 now) next year. this year we are sticking close to home.

if you have any questions not answered here, let me know, or i can give you my email address.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 09:21 PM

O-kay Pirate so you did not go to sleep on us.But anyway, thanks. Bob is no longer at seven seas, its Sherrie now. M-whatever the rest is dont remember and they dont let you go back without loosing what you have written,anyway my point. Where are you staying and are you in for tuesday night? I cannot see where but we will be there. NYGirl age has nothing to do with being burned, those are the ones we laugh at because the do not listen, been there with spray oil no sunscreen in aruba, not a pretty sight.
Posted By: NYgal

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 10:03 PM

? age...wasn't mentioned, just new to the hot tropical suns.
jane, burned butt. O U C H ! ! ! !

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 10:09 PM

janeinPa...yes. Bucks county is very pretty, we lived here almost all our lives. we live near the river(thank god we don't get flooded)I'm not worried about my son seing things there.We being dragging him alone all over Caribbean for years now, so I think he seen alot of third world countries,including the nude beaches of St. Martin and Dominican Rep.He does not even wants to go anymore, but I don't have anyboby to leave him with, so we kind of make him go.We love the islands, go there twice a yr.,usually go to different one every time, except Jamaica 3x and did St. Martin twice. I love big full service all inclusive resorts with all the bells and wistels.My hubby kind of talked me into this Belize thing, so I picked to stay at Ramons because it is closest thing I can find to resemble a full scale resort.So I'm looking forward to great snorkeling. Best one so far was in Grenada (and not famous Trunk Bay on St.John)I can't wait to go.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 11:22 PM

Jane...I wouldn't go near an nsync concert without my teenie-bopper bubblegum repellant on. The concert we saw was America...remember Horse With No Name, Ventura Highway, Sister Golden Hair??? Yeah...I'm an old 70's rocker...but they were AWESOME!! Still sound great!
Burned yer butt, eh?? HAHAHAHA!!!! That's funny! Don't think I'll hafta worry about that! Last time I went shopping for a suit, my girls picked out these rad-looking surfer shorts from Ron Jons! What the hey... [Linked Image]

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/25/01 11:44 PM

yeah, 40, i remember america. no accounting for taste, i guess. (ha! again). i'm an old (?) rocker myself, but different taste, i guess. i was a big deadhead way back, frank was a clash freak. hippie meets mosher. last show we saw was warren zevon. he is now sober, but can still rock. and he is so funny & cynical. since the kids...we don't get to concerts much anymore.

lw - the full service resort like the caribbean doesn't quite exist in bz. ramon's is probably the closest (maybe journey's end or captn morgans, but they are WAY out of town) thing. really, don't expect US standards of things, but the staffs try hard to please.

on the other hand, it is a neat experience. hardly ever wore shoes. no schedules. everyone smiles. good food. just keep your expectations low, and you will have a ball.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/26/01 03:34 AM

LittleWolf we will have to discuss Greneda, because I think that will be next years vacation. You sound like the island traveler I am trying to be, I am in search of my retirement island. Pirate, those are the bands that live on, not the here today gone tommorow. How many people will remember n-synch in 30 or so years.
Posted By: erikacoop

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/26/01 04:04 AM

One month and counting. My husband and I will be there July 25 thru Aug 7. He is a diver and I snorkel. Staying at paradise villas. This is our 1st trip without the kids in sooo long - looking forward to some partying and relaxing.

Over 40 - we might see you on our last night.

Anyone else there the same time as us. Love to make new friends.

Erika

[This message has been edited by erikacoop (edited 06-25-2001).]

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/26/01 12:30 PM

Barefoot Skinny will not be there while we are. He is coming to the states and will not be back until late August.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/26/01 04:27 PM

Damn the luck!!! Who gave him permission to leave??? Musta heard we were coming, and high-tailed it to safer shores! (What do you expect from an Indiana boy?)
Do we stick with Ramones, or shift to a diff place to meet? (Palapa or Fido's?)

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/26/01 04:58 PM

let's stick with Ramons. We can check with them closer to August and see who will be playing there.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/26/01 05:40 PM

I guess we'll meet where all the action will be on that night.Darn it, I was looking forward meeting this Barefoot Skinny gentleman. JackieO, I'll fill you in on Grenada-beautiful island.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/26/01 09:43 PM

That works fer me! I kin party anywhere's!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/26/01 10:02 PM

.....oh yes he can!! and believe me, anywheres baby!!! oh, da stories one could tell... [Linked Image]

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/26/01 10:15 PM

Lessee..you went home at 8:30...yeah..the stories you could tell...zzzzzzzzz

[This message has been edited by Over_40_Pirate (edited 06-26-2001).]

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/26/01 10:34 PM

hahahhahaha .... and you're gonna hit all dem bars?!?!? oh, how quickly you fergit... or get drunk!!! guys... one beliken and he'll be out!!! lol

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/26/01 10:36 PM

Yeah...we'll see about that!!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/28/01 03:28 PM

What else does everybody have planned for their time in AC??
Posted By: Partyhair

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/28/01 08:18 PM

My trio (Caligirl is one who's already on the boards) and I will be in AC August 11-18th. We're hangin' our hats at Ramons.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/28/01 11:39 PM

We'll be there thru 8/13. Sun 8/12 is a must-do at BC's Beach BBQ...see you there!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/29/01 04:33 AM

I have not a plan for the whole week. Much needed R&R. A few tours,alot of sun(which i will regret), plenty of lobster,and from the sound of things much alcohol, oh boy. Anxious to meet lots of wonderful people from the sound of this board. Just take it slow one day at a time. Anyone else???? I game for almost anything. You make plans you get stressed, no plan no stress. Nine days of forgetting I live in the US.
Posted By: budnmary

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/29/01 05:38 AM

hey guys i lived up the beach in Xcalak MX for 3 years and had many good times with the
Carona (both lite and dark) beer. I would make the trip down to AC in a mexican ponga and you can make the same trip up to Xcalac in a day. You talk about a laid back MX town! How about solar and wind powered! Dont'spend the nite. I'm going back to see a piece of property I bought on the north end of the island for future construction, but the only thing I forgot to factor in was my age. I'm too old now and am willing to sell for just what I have in it. Anyone Adventerous? [email protected]

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/29/01 04:04 PM

hey dere Pirate babee..... sounds like yer just gonna have too much fun! i'm not sure if'n yer gonna come back to brrrland!! see ya this weekend .........
Posted By: Caligirl

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/29/01 07:31 PM

Hi There! Party Hair and I will see you all at BC's BBQ on Sunday... sounds like fun. Does anyone know if there is a good Reggae night on the island? I love me some good Reggae or even some Calypso.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 06/29/01 07:46 PM

AHA...hooked me anuther one!!! The party continues to grow....

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/06/01 12:40 PM

Where is everyone???? Okay I got a question, Is anyone waiting to get there airfare where the get there or did you buy already?, its getting closer so help me out.Hope eveeryone is okay, to much 4th.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/06/01 04:02 PM

Are you talking about the puddle-jumper flight? I have not booked mine yet. I probably will book the incoming flight and worry about the outgoing flight later. We met a bunch of folks from the board in downtown denver last weekend...WHAT A HOOT! You probably read about that in another string on this here board! If we have half as much fun...we'll be doin' allright! (yeah, i was a little crispy the next day!)
Posted By: jsbfan

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/07/01 01:03 PM

Don't know if anyone is still checking this posting, but we were at Ramon's three weeks ago -- the week after the bartop dancing incident. The staff was still talking about it, though. Ruben, Raul, and Herman are still there and two bar waiters, Rigo and Tony. The drinks are still fabulous, but the replacement band on Tuesdays is pretty lame. The best thing about them is if you drink enough and stay late enough, they quit playing. Don't lower your expectations for AC, just change them. It's a tranquil place with friendly people and a vacation is what you make it. Have a great time!
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/08/01 04:31 PM

after BC's, the Palapa is the place to be!!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/09/01 03:25 PM

I've got the Palapa in my sights!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/11/01 03:37 PM

Ya think we can git this to 3 pages???? Anybody else brave enough to join the ranks????

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/16/01 03:19 AM

Where is everyone? Its only three weeks away for me. We need to keep this going.
Posted By: Mannix99

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/16/01 05:56 AM

Will be in San Pedro from Aug 15th to the 23rd...........(unless I stay!) Anyone else?

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/16/01 05:40 PM

Sorry...we'll miss ya...we leave on 8/13. Too bad Skinny won't be there...but I did have the chance to partay with the dude yesterday...WHAT A BLAST!!! SKINNY ROCKS!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/17/01 11:49 PM

The countdown begins!!! 19 days to go!!! YEE HAW!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/18/01 02:12 AM

This is for anyone who wants to answer, if you do not mind in a round about figure how much money to take,I usually go on all-inclusive vacations and do not have to worry. Is anyone taking travelers checks and pirate do you know if there are safes in the room. I really do not know what to pack either, I may need Mrs.Pirate for this one.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/18/01 12:23 PM

Only 17 more days!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/18/01 03:21 PM

I doubt they have safes, but you might check with Sherrie....they may have something at the front desk. I will probably use travelers checks and plastic. I figure if you use plastic, you don't have to worry about how much to bring. But you will need some cash or travelers checks for tipping, departure taxes, etc. It is my understanding that traveler's checks and plastic are widely accepted. As far as what to pack...most people have told me that you will practically live in your swimsuit, so bring a couple. Other than that, shorts, sandals, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, deet, a hat, sunglasses. I will let my wife answer the rest, or you can do a search on the board...I found a pretty good thread on the subject called "so what am I going to forget to pack in my luggage"...most people say they bring TOO MUCH...ya hear that, honey? [Linked Image]
I also found a thread about how much $$ to bring. Use the search feature...it works great!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/18/01 03:42 PM

Thanks alot, we still trying for three pages.I used the search and found what I was looking for. Thanks again. But the Mrs. could still help me out.
Jackie

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/18/01 05:51 PM

I'll ask her for her 2 cents worth...

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/18/01 08:29 PM

Jackieo

take casual clothes; shorts, Tee shirts, sandals, bathing suit, clothes that are light weight and cool.

as far as money goes we take traveler cks and cr card never a problem.

Just 15 more days!!!!!!
Posted By: BC

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/18/01 09:04 PM

How much money to take ? That's easy.
Divide $1.50 into the total number of beers you will drink during your stay and that's the minimum. A couple of bucks for panty rippers and $10.00 for food should do it.
Pack you bag with everyting you think you need, then take half of it out. What is left is all you need.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/18/01 09:37 PM

BC...that kind of math can be difficult!
Posted By: BC

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/18/01 10:08 PM

Try using the other half of your calculator..
take your shoes off
Posted By: ronmyway

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/19/01 12:32 AM

Pirate,

For the best rum drink on the island,

-go to Palapa

-ask Chris the bartender to make a wave runner (tip him well, because it takes a little longer)

-drink and enjoy--it's the best!

-afterwards, ask him how much rum is in the drink

-prepare to fall down, hopefully on dry land.

Richard
Posted By: Loie

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/19/01 04:39 AM

Pirate:

Forgot to tell you and the lovely Miss K to introduce yourself to Charlene at BC's. She mentioned that she lurks on the boards and wanted to meet you guys. So, be sure to make yourself known.

What am I tellin' you for? You don't have any problems standing out! [Linked Image]

Snicker, snicker.

Loie

P.S. The shirt is fine. Alls well that bleaches well! No more lap dances for you (uh huh, and I'm the dirty ho?). And yes, I learned my lesson. The lesson is: Always wear a bathing suit when at a pool party. We were just trying to dry out after all the diving we did, and you showed NO MERCY!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/19/01 03:53 PM

BC...I don't have enough toes fer this!!! While I'm sittin' here with my shoes off, Richard finally comes along with some advice I can use! Thanks, runtheotherway! Can I put that on yer open tab???

Glad the shirt came out ok, Loie. But if you and the sassy one still wanna get together, go fer it!

Not to worry...BC's is on my list of MUST-DO places...ya think Charlene can pick me out??? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Well...I'm glad at least ONE of you learned yer lesson!

No more lap dances for me??? Nobody gave me no stinkin' lap dance!! YOU were the lucky one on the receiving end! NO MORE LAP DANCE FOR YOU, DIRTY HO!!! Ever heard of a merciful pirate??? I DON'T THINK SO!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Over_40_Pirate (edited 07-19-2001).]

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/20/01 05:35 AM

I asked RobtE (has he deserted you or what?)

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/20/01 05:35 AM

I asked RobtE (has he deserted you or what?)

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/20/01 05:39 AM

I asked RobertE (has he deserted you or what?) about fishing. He says that Hustler does fishing stuff too.

I think everyone down there fishes, however.

This Miss Loie doesn't eat swimmy things. ICKY!

TTYL,
Loie

P.S. TTYL means Talk To You Later. Sorry, I don't mean to speak in gibberish.

Oh, and I could give you a lap dance, but my heels would dig into your thighs too much since I weigh more than you - FER SURE DUDE.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/20/01 03:28 PM

OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/21/01 05:45 AM

Go check out the post I just sent for pics from Sunday.

No lap dance pictures on my camera. I think Diann has those.

Loie

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/22/01 03:29 AM

how many messages does it take to make it to 3 pages???? 14 DAYS to go for me!!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/23/01 05:53 PM

I think we need 100 posts to go to 3 pgs...AC here we come!! 14 days till paradise!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/24/01 04:42 AM

Steve & Kathy:

If'n it's not too much trouble for you...we need one finely constructed cocunt purse and an XXL Belikin T-shirt (the one in gray). My dearest RobertE got an XL and it shrunk too much and won't fit him. I think I saw a tear run down his cheek. You understand, don't ya man?

Yes, it's very sad. So, (kaaa-ching) we'll owe you for a t-shirt and cocnut purse. Demanding, aren't we?

Thanks so much for schleping these two items back for us.

Loie & RobertE

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/24/01 03:01 PM

What??? Do I LOOK like I like to shop???? Geez.....
But since you plied me with Belikin...we'll give it a go. (Save that shirt...I'll bet it fits me!)
Just where has RobertE been these days?

[This message has been edited by Over_40_Pirate (edited 07-24-2001).]

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/25/01 08:12 PM

Hey, everybody!! Are we still on for Tues evening 8/7 @ Ramon's ???? What time???

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/26/01 05:42 AM

I think they fell asleep on us. Time, who will be wearing a watch for a week, not I. Whatever is good for everyone is fine with me. Is that dinner or just a bar thing? I'm sure I will see ya Monday when you get in. With a massure is tow for Mrs. Pirates toes(just kidding),I am sure she may need if after all that over exhertion.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/26/01 02:22 PM

We are awake and ready to go will be at Ramons Tues Aug 7th drinks dinner whatever will go with the flow

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/26/01 03:28 PM

All I have planned for Tuesday is exploring the island. Gonna rent a golf cart so the SHE-DEVIL doesn't have to exert herself, and go all over the place!

Hadn't really planned on eating at Ramon's...we could just meet there btwn 5-6PM for a few drinks, and then decide where to plop down for dinner. How's that sound?

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/26/01 03:59 PM

5ish is okay with me.Do you have you whole week planned out or just Tuesday?I have no plans at all, I am game for almost anything. I already inquired about staying longer. Make sure you have room in the golf cart for the cabana boy,someone has to massage her feet.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/26/01 04:00 PM

Ha Ha, I took it to 3pages.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/26/01 04:24 PM

5-6 is OK with us or any time, staying at Ramons anyway. Didn't plan anything, make them as we go. Dinner together sound good,will pick a place to plop for it there.How are we going to recognize each other? I don't know how many people hang out at Ramon's bar.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/26/01 04:58 PM

I have a list of things I want to do during the week, but no specific plans just yet:
1) golf cart the island
2) fishing
3) snorkeling
4) cave tubing
5) beach bbq @ BC's on Sun

but I have more than a week's worth of restaurants and bars to hit!!!!

[This message has been edited by Over_40_Pirate (edited 07-26-2001).]
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/26/01 05:46 PM

Don''t miss a visit to Toucan's Restaurant & Bar at Royal Palm. It's operated by a couple of fellow pirates named Duane and Marcos. Great food, drinks, music and talk.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/26/01 09:17 PM

drinks at ramons for starters
5 - 6 oclock perfect
Wanna, Islandboyw will be there along with anyone else we pickup along the way

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/26/01 10:49 PM

Toucan's, huh? Thanks for the tip...I'll add it to my list!!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/27/01 03:50 AM

Pirate those are pretty much on my list to except maybe the golf cart,rather walk but i know that is probably the last thing you want to hear. need to check out the menu at Toucans. So far looks like lobster everyday for me. That is the whole idea.
Posted By: R9986

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/27/01 03:04 PM

Hey Pirate,
Have been reading the board for a few weeks and finally replied to someone. I will be at AC from Aug 1st thru the 10th, (the anxiety is killin' me) . We are at El Pescador for some fishing. First time visitor so some tips might be helpful. Maybe we will meet at a bar somewhere. Will try to chat some more for details on plans for parties.

See you later from the State o' Maine.......

[This message has been edited by R9986 (edited 07-27-2001).]

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/27/01 03:29 PM

jackieo.....ditto on the lobster!! I'm heading straight to Lily's tues am to get me a lobster omelet!

Arrggghhh...a nor'easter on the isle? R99....C'mon down and join us tues eve at Ramon's...the more the merrier!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/27/01 04:42 PM

Pirate and Crew,
Just thought you would like to know that your fellows CO's convinced me to add more days to my stay,not leavin til the 16th. To much trouble to change while there with the airlines, so I just did it now. Hope they have room at the hotel waiting for Sherrie to get back to me. R99 join us Tues. at Ramons 5ish. Well its not long now, after Sunday we could start the actual final countdown. Do not think I could do eggs and lobster, something about that combo.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/27/01 04:45 PM

R9986
Ramons Aug 7th between 5 & 6 come join the gang

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/27/01 05:29 PM

Pirate, Lupay and Jackieo. We will be there, drinks in hand and ready to rock. I'm a rum drinker myself. Mix it with some fruit punch and I am ready to go.Just finished reading the other pages. Sounds like we are all in for some good memories.
By the time I see you all I will have been there for about 4 days. My liver will be screaming by then [Linked Image]
But that's what it's all about.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/27/01 06:03 PM

HEY GANG!!! I've got an idea!!! Barefoot Watersports has a party barge that they do a Sunset Booze Cruise ($37.50US) or Dinner Cruise ($48.50US) that includes appetizers (or dinner) and all you can drink! I'll bet they would pick us up at Ramon's dock! Whattya think? Sounds like a blast to me! (Yes, jackieo...the dinner includes lobster!)
check it out at: www.barefootwatersports.net/watertoys.html

Let me know what you think. If everyone's in favor, I'll send them an email and try to find out what time they start the cruise...sounds like we'd take up the whole boat!

[This message has been edited by Over_40_Pirate (edited 07-27-2001).]

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/27/01 07:35 PM

Pirate,
Sounds cool. I checked the web site but I gotta ask, what are water mice??? I know all the others but not mice...

They must have 2 boats. Either one I would be happy with.
I'm hungry already..........

My liver's drying out, I need to get to AC [Linked Image]

We just had a big "Beefroast" here in Maine. Me and my friends put on this huge party, approx 400 people for some good food(200lbs of beef), good times(3 days worth),good friends(never too many) and good drink( too many to count).
We'll try to bring the less incriminating pics with us.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/28/01 02:27 AM

pirate

cruise sounds great, count us in

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/28/01 03:47 AM

Go for it!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/29/01 11:30 AM

Pirate,
Did you talk to Sherrie at 7seas about what kind of tour discounts the have there? I found three for sure that I want to take:
1. Caye Caulker on the Winnie Estelle(snorkling and visiting Caye Caulker)
2. AltunHa Ruins (not to keen on the ruins part but they stop at Maruba Spa for horseback riding) or if I could find a horseback riding tour. Anyone know of any??
3. Cave Tubing found only one.
Did anyone do these tours above are they worth it?

Does anyone know how much beer you could bring back?

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/29/01 01:46 PM

DEFINITELY on the cave tubing!
Not doing the ruins this time (at least that is that plan for now)
Maybe on the Winnie Estelle...
I'm sure someone at the duty free can tell you how much beer is allowed....

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/29/01 02:25 PM

I am not going for the ruins either, I just want to go horseback riding in the jungle. Are you anywhere near estes park?

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/29/01 03:22 PM

Jackieo and Pirate

We are doing the cave tubing before we come over to San Pedro will let you how it is
Posted By: SHE-DEVIL

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/29/01 07:04 PM

jackieo...Mrs. Pirate here. Yes we live about 40 minutes from Estes and try to get up there as often as possible. Estes is a special place for us. We renewed our wedding vows there at the beautiful catholic church 10 years ago (Aug 1 is our anniversary). Spent a fantastic weekend at the Anniversary Inn B&B. My whole family was there. Pirate planned the whole thing, even remembered to have flowers and champagne. Gotta keep that guy, he's definately one in a million. Can't wait to see everything he has planned for this one. Hope I brought enough bikinis [Linked Image]

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/30/01 03:49 AM

What a sweet husband, not very many out there. How many is enough bikinis?
Posted By: BillandJeanne

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/30/01 05:44 AM

Jackie-
Caye Caulker is really cool. You should definitely try it.
Also, if you want to try deep sea fishing contact Hillyboo with Freedom Tours. Not that other people are better, but we went with Hillyboo, and he was really great!
Also, are you going in through Houston? or Miami?

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/30/01 12:09 PM

BillandJeanne,
No need to be jealous,you know where we will be if you want to join us. Thanks for the Caye Caulker tip, but I am not a fisherwoman.I am leaving from Cleveland to Houston, thank God, for the first time in all of my vacations, I do not have to go through Miami.
Jackie

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/30/01 03:41 PM

My baby loves me! Honey...I hope you're not dissapointed, but my plan is to ply you with tropical rum drinks and ravage your body every night! [Linked Image] Hope that fits into your schedule!!

OOPS!!! Are other people reading this???

OK, folks...I need a head count so I can set up this dinner cruise. Let me hear from you!
Posted By: ojackieo

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/30/01 04:02 PM

One for me. I changed my email address and they said I had to change my name [Linked Image]jackieo is still jackieo
Posted By: Arkansas Bob

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/30/01 09:23 PM

Hi Pirate
Just saw all the postings. We are going down Aug. 6th (last flight out of Houston). We are staying at the Playador. We have 2 boats down there. 1, 24 foot party bardge and a new 24 foot walkaround fishing boat that should hit Belize tonight. We are planning to sale it over to A/C that afternoon. It sounds like you have a full week, maybe we can meet up with all you fine people at Crazy Conuks Bar I might even be talked into suppling the boat if you supply the beer!!What flight are you on?
Posted By: Arkansas Bob

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/30/01 09:29 PM

oops Sorry about my spelling!! It's been a long day. Marty can we get spell check on this thing for us idiots???

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/31/01 12:45 AM

We'll be on American flt 2193 out of Dallas...hitting Belize City at 2:41. Come and join us on Tuesday!
Posted By: English man

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/31/01 02:32 AM

Im there in 2 days wahey sun sea and the girls!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/31/01 03:28 AM

The more the merrier!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 07/31/01 03:55 PM

This sucker's going to 4 pages!!!!
I need that headcount for the dinner cruise!!! Let me hear from you!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/01/01 06:38 PM

Okay....dinner/booze cruise starts at 5:30PM and goes for 2-2 1/2 hrs. You can do booze cruise, which includes appetizers and all you can drink ($37.50) or dinner cruise ($48.50) which includes all that, plus a dinner of chicken, fish, lobster, and all the trimmings. Everyone still in? We'll need to meet at Ramon's NO LATER than 5PM. Lemme hear from ya!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/02/01 04:30 PM

OK...this may not work unless I get a response. We need to let them know a firm headcount and dinner choice (lobster, chicken or fish) a day in advance. I won't be in AC until late on Mon, and we're all meeting on Tues! If we can't set it up for Tues, perhaps we can set it up later in the week.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/03/01 03:42 AM

You know that I am in. I think Lupay already left. Lobster only lobster.12 days of lobster.
Happy Birthday She-Devil. Good Luck with the walk.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/03/01 06:55 PM

Hey jackieo...all three of us will be chowing on lobster too! But we need to let them know exactly how many and what they want so they can do the food prep. Can you get ahold of those guys since you'll be there before us, and set it up on Mon? Or we can just pass and do it later. Whatever...no problemo!
Posted By: BillandJeanne

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/04/01 03:02 AM

For all you going through Houston -- a great story...
There is a restaurant around the corner from duty free in the C or D area called Bubba's. When went thru on Cont., we had a three hour layover from 9 am til noon. So we went to Bubba's where they told us lunch was served at 10:30, so we got some chardonnay and waited. At 10:30 we told our waitress, a quite rude and unpleasant woman, that we were ready to order lunch, she says "we're still serving breakfast! MAJORITY RULES!" So I asked a manager about it, and he says "No, lunch begins at 10:30", and he sends her over to take our order. So we order, and some guy comes in and orders and omelet. So, she says "NO OMELETS! BREAKFAST HAS BEEN VETOED!"
Great girl....And I don't reccomend Bubba's!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/04/01 04:53 AM

Pirate,
I will do the best I can. If not maybe we could set it for another day. I do not know why no one is answering. I think that the only ones that left were Lupay and her party. I will walk over to there place on Sunday evening if all goes well, maybe she was in contact with some of the people. We need 8 for the discount?
Jackie

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/04/01 05:55 AM

yep...with 8 you get the discount. Min of 6 for the cruise. Thanks! See you on Monday! Ya..looks like we may do this thing later than Tues...

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/04/01 10:31 AM

Sure does. Less than 24 hours to go.

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/05/01 03:50 AM

2 Days To Go!!! Everybody have a safe trip! SEE YOU SOON!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/05/01 05:38 AM

8 hours to go. Just got out of the emergency room, at 1230am-planes leaves at 905 am how fun. See ya soon. Bye Bye tata adious!!!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/05/01 04:58 PM

This time tomorrow we will be on our way!!! YAHOO!!!!
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/05/01 05:06 PM

Hey guys, have a wonderful trip! HillyBoo is a definite to go fishing with, his # is 014-9515 or 3272. The golf cart around the island is a MUST!! After BC's on Sunday, head north to the Palapa from 2-6..open jam session! And eating at Papi's Diner is a must! It is in the Boca Del Rio area. Sorry, but Barefoot is still in the states...won't be back on AC until end of August! Stop by the Hideaway Hotel on Tues. night to see the "Golden Girls" Pat, Joyce and Marie!!! They'll all be at the Palapa on Sunday! Alot of business owners are there, as well as alot of locals....Keith plays a mean harmonica and Casy is great on the banjo and Dale should be there with his guitar! It's a really nice day to be there, cool breeze always blowing from the ocean...have good food too. HAVE FUN!!! C&R

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/14/01 10:30 PM

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! How the hell did I get into this brig (cubicle)? Last thing I remember was white sand and turquois water and the sweat running down the back o' me neck...blimey!

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/15/01 06:19 PM

Hey Over_40... Sorry we missed you last Tuesday at Ramons. I went for the cave-tube adventure and did not return til after 7:00 and I crashed out on the bed.
We had a hell of a good time. Lots of fish and way too much 1 barrel rum. No Belikins for me, I figured I'd leave them for you to devour.
Spent too much time a Fidos, my liver will never be the same......
We heard about the diver being lost at Ramons on our trip home. A tragedy for sure.
Hope you all had a great time.
If you have pics, I would love to visit the site. I am working on mine but they are mostly fishing and Rainforest shots.

PEACE

Re: A Pirate goes to AC (Aug Travelers out there?) - 08/15/01 08:55 PM

No problem, mon. I almost spaced it as well! We still met several people from the board on Tues...wonderful folks, all of them! We missed the cave-tubing due to river flooding, so we went parasailing with Tony instead, and then went fishing/snorkeling in the afternoon. What a great time...I've still got an island buzz.....
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board