AmbergrisCaye.com Home

CCACS Labor Day Par-tay

Posted By: Over_40_Pirate

CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/23/01 11:22 PM

How many of ye scallywags has got enuff sealegs left to party again?

Anyone intested in doing a labor day party? Guess it's the Pirate's turn to play host. Let me know. If we get enough "Aye's" then we'll do it...if not, I sit under the keg alone [Linked Image]

Bill and Sam...you got dibs on the first mates quarters!
Posted By: Loie

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/24/01 01:01 AM

Bummer! We're gonna be in Atlanta for Labor Day. You wanna borrow my guitar? [Linked Image]

Love,
Loie & RobertE
Posted By: BC

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/24/01 02:11 PM

Sounds great, but Mad Dog and I are heading for Mexico. It's time to get wet again.
Thanks for the offer, we will have to take a rain check.

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/24/01 02:59 PM

Atlanta???? Frankly, mah dear, I don't give a damn! [Linked Image]
Posted By: IslandJunkie

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/24/01 03:46 PM

Love to be there pirate, but I'll be partying with the Okies (yeeee ha!) - BUT, I'll be driving through Colordado sometime 9/24-25, and thought I'd see if ya'll were gathering anytime close to then. Took a new job in Oregon and am MOVIN' HOME!!!!!!!!! Maybe I'll have to start an Oregon Chapter out there with Marty. Unfortunately this means I probably can't go to AC as planned in Oct. (sigh), but there's always May! Have a fun labor day, Colorado folks!
Posted By: diann

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/24/01 03:58 PM

Hey Islandjunkie.... we'll just have to plan on getting together when you come thru. If you need any help w/hotels, etc, just ask!!!!
Posted By: KC

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/24/01 05:20 PM

IJ! Where in Oregon are you moving to? Marty and I both live in Eugene... Do I see an Oregon Chapter brewing?

Kathy

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/24/01 06:17 PM

Moving to Portland!! I'm so excited I can't stand it (sorry Okies, but home is home). But maybe I can make it down to Eugene for a Ducks game and a little AC party this fall sometime! :-)

diann - thanks for the offer for help w/ hotels. I have a friend moving to Durango (wherever that is), so I'll probably head there. But that's a long drive from Tulsa - maybe I'll break in Denver or something. Time to get out the atlas. I'll keep ya'll posted. Would love to meet ya!

[This message has been edited by IslandJunkie (edited 08-24-2001).]

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/24/01 09:58 PM

Durango is beautiful, deep in the southwestern corner of Colorado in the San Juan Mtns. But it is a good day's drive from Denver. If you party with us...yer gonna need a place to lay your head down! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Mad Dog

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/25/01 12:26 AM

Bag the party, come to Playa Del Carmen with us...topless beaches...I see you smiling.
Smooch!!!

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/25/01 04:25 PM

OK...I'm in charge of the suntan lotion! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Over_40_Pirate (edited 08-25-2001).]
Posted By: Mad Dog

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/25/01 05:23 PM

After a few rum punches or coronas I'm sure you'll have no trouble talking anyone into be in charge of the lotion!!
Posted By: Florian

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/25/01 05:37 PM

Congrats on the move to Portland! City of the Roses. It's a wonderfull city, even better for you since it's home.

Oregon has only one problem as far as I"m concerned (well, two, but we'll leave the conversation about overlogging for another time). The water off the coast is cold. Really cold. Too cold.

I guess if the water was warm and there were reefs it would be Heaven, so He had to leave some imprefection so folks there would have something to look forward to in the afterlife.

I'll bet you just pine away missing ol' Oklahoma!
Posted By: KC

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/25/01 06:45 PM

Aww, come on Florian. The Oregon waters are cold to keep people like you on land where they belong! [Linked Image] Personally, I love the contrast between the Oregon coast and the A.C. coast. Oregon has BIG waves that CRASH onto the beach... nothing like listening to that while snuggled down in your beddie-bye, or just sitting and "watching". Of course, we all know the wonders of the A.C. waters. No comparison, but a beautiful contrast! My first trip to A.C. I really missed the sound of the ocean... but the sound of the wind made up for it.

Kathy

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/27/01 03:19 PM

Sounds like everybody is already booked for Labor Day...me and George will drink alone, all by ourselves. Y'know, when I drink alone I prefer to be by myself.... [Linked Image]

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/27/01 03:41 PM

Florian, you're right about the cold water - but hey, it can't be too perfect, right? Then everyone would want to move there and then where would we be? I remember swimming in the Pacific there one year - I think in November. It's amazing I didn't get hypothermia (sp?) or freeze to death! Sad thing is, it's not all that much warmer in the summer - I froze my toes just a couple weeks ago! The beauty of it is amazing though!

KC - you're right about the contrast - very different, but it's all good!
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/27/01 05:09 PM

O-40-P,

You might want to reconsider the date, and have a BZ Independence Party (September 21, 1981).

Been holding one for over 10 years right here in the ol' midwest. Some local folks started going to AC with a travel club over 20 years ago, even before Independence, so there are one hell of a lot of folks in town that know the place REAL well. This year it's party time, Saturday the 22nd.

A great excuse for a bit of "brain removal".

CC

[This message has been edited by CHOOCHOO (edited 08-27-2001).]

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/27/01 05:59 PM

Not that I need an excuse...but what the heck, we may give that a go. [Linked Image] Independence Day Party? Folks?

Don't you hail from Indiana? Thought I read that somewhere. My folks and 2 sisters still reside there.

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/27/01 06:39 PM

Yup,

A Hoosier with Wolverine roots.

A new big BZ flag is really terrific for one of those partys. Of course, it helps if you also have a flag pole. For years we'd just have one of the kids hold it.

CC

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/27/01 07:05 PM

No BZ flag, but I;ve got a Jolly Roger flag! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

My folks are in Kokomo..where are you?

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/27/01 07:49 PM

O-40-P,

From Kokomo--

About 40 mi. south, three blocks west of U.S. 31 on the north side of Indy.

A couple of our very best friends (who were present, and provided hearty encouragement during the birth of the imfamous Blue Drink at the Palapa 5 years ago) live in Peru, IN just a squirt north of Kokomo. We met them on our first trip to SP and they have gone back with us at least once a year.

We're toying with the idea of a return trip to the Beaver Creek condo (with our neighbor and scooters) late September. We usually do that in August, but SWMBO had pulled our travel "permits" for a while.

CC

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/27/01 10:26 PM

Sounds like you hail from Carmel! I know it well. And I used to cruise Peru when I was in High School! (My dad was stationed at Grissom AFB)

If you make it to Beaver Creek, be sure to let us know. The CO Chapter is always looking for a reason to party... [Linked Image]

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/27/01 10:39 PM

Oh jeez, not Carmel. 3 miles south at 64th and Meridian. I have employees that live and Carmel and it takes them 30+ minutes to get to the office. It takes me 8-10.

(Besides all the Carmel teaching staff seems to getting arrested on morals charges. 3 in the last month.)

My friend in Peru is the head of the Grissom Redevelopment Board for Miami county. A little grim up there since the feds pulled out, but they've got a pretty nifty new prison built on the base grounds. (See Carmel teachers above.)

Re: CCACS Labor Day Par-tay - 08/28/01 03:22 PM

Ah...I see that Carmel is not the uppity little suburb it once was!
I love the homes along Meridian...Broadripple used to be my fav place to hang while in Indy.
Remember, Beaver Creek is just a couple hrs uphill from us, or, better yet, just plan to spend one night in Denver and we can really whoop it up! Let us know when you'll be in these parts! [Linked Image]
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board