AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: harmless Thanks Seashell,Sandshucher,and Yat(cap'n) - 09/19/01 01:57 PM
Thanks for the info concerning Jim Diehl.
I sent an e-mail to Rubies via their Web site and asked him to send a card.
Maybe w'll see you sometime in the near future if flights are available.
kc
You are most welcome, I'm sure. What I'm not sure about is whether or not I identified the right Smokey. Best of luck with your reunion.
Hi,
If it was the Smokey that had a thing called Stoned Art, i'm pretty sure that was him.
He had told me he was selling carvings and such and years ago he owned a similar business in the States called "The Treehouse". I'm fairly sure my semi feeble mind recalls him mentioning the name stoned Art also.
Thanks again.
kc
I think Smokey and Jim are two different people. Jim Diehl does the stoned art.

There is a colorful local character named Smokey that hangs out on Front St....around the area of the Pier Lounge and Caliente Restaurant. Older black man with a big belly....quite comical. He's basically a harmless hustler. Will do anything for a meal, beer or a cigarette. Has some very interesting stories...not sure what %-age is true or fable.

Cheers! [Linked Image]
Thanks Sandshaker,
Jim Diehl is the Stoned Art person. He's a white guy about 54 years old. Retired Navy Diver. A lady from Canada e-mailed and told me she would tell him I was trying to get in touch through Rubies.
thanks for your help. Isn't the web amazing?
kc
Ha, ha, ha, yes, yes, Sandshaker, that's the Smokey I've met. Quite a character, doesn't even cover it. You should have heard him lecturing me on the benefits of ganja and beer. Told me I was too uptight. Me! ha, haa, haaa

Oh, wait, I can be but not in Belize. unh, unh
LOL....yea.....somebody should write a book about Smokey....as told by him. May not be a "Best Seller" by the world's standards....but certainly one on Ambergris Caye....LOL

Maybe we can entice Lan to do it.....LOL [Linked Image]
Ready for a little comic narration Lan????
Hahahaha!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board