AmbergrisCaye.com Home

2 Weeks and counting

Posted By: Quin

2 Weeks and counting - 09/25/01 06:35 PM

I am so excited about going to Belize, that the WTC incident didn't even make me consider a cancelation. Will be in Belize from 10/10 to 10/31. Why don't you all help america out by taking advantage of the great travel deals and joining me in Belize. Conch Shell gave me a great rate so it won't be bad on the wallet either. Anyone game??
Posted By: IslandinParadise

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/25/01 07:46 PM

Ahh-so jealous. I still have 94 days. Enjoy your fun and sun.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/25/01 07:51 PM

i'll say it for the third time...

somebody please buy some stocks so the NASDAQ will go up so maybe i can go back to belize next year. if it doesn't, i will not be able to even ask frank to consider it.

so everyone - support my trip to bz - BUY TECH STOCKS!!!

thank you.
Posted By: govikes

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/25/01 09:14 PM

Hey Islandinparadise--I only have 94 days too! I'll be in Placencia 12/30-1/2, then heading back to SP and staying at 7 Seas. How long will you be there and where are you staying? Maybe we can meet for a beliken along the way!

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/26/01 03:43 AM

govikes- I will be in San Pedro from 12/27-1/7 with my two older sisters ( 20 and 23) and from 1/7 to 1/11 with my parents. I'd love to meet you-but i don't know if you'll enjoy my company-i'm only 17-lol. If you don't mind the younger generation then i would love to meet up with you. We are staying at 7 seas also so i'm sure i will see you around. Melissa
Posted By: seashell

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/26/01 09:23 AM

Quin, say I met a Quin when I was there last Dec/Jan. Any chance it was you?

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/26/01 04:04 PM

hey islandinp - i am in opennsylvania too! where do you live? i am in central bucks county, outside phila.
is it your first trip to san pedro?

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/26/01 04:13 PM

Hey SeaShell, I'm afraid that was a different Quin. This will be my first trip to Belize. Am sure it won't be my last.

It's 8:00 so in exactly two weeks I will be sitting in the Houston Airport waiting to catch a transfer to Belize [Linked Image]). I don't like airports, but this thought is relaxing...

Quin

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/26/01 05:26 PM

Jane-I live in York County, right on the Maryland line (the mason-dixon line is pretty much my backyard). This isn't my first trip to SP, i have been lucky enough to enjoy my favorite place in the world a few times. I believe that you are the first pennsylvanian i have met who loves AC as much as i do. Melissa
Posted By: margarita

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/26/01 09:45 PM

Q I hope Sam gave you an upstairs room - the porch is great. Did you get a room with a fridge to save $ on beverages and snacks? If not - no problem Cholos is two steps away and the San Pedrano market is ten! For cooked food,Lily's is next to Cholo's, but I think for breakfast the extra walk to Estel's is worth it for the food, friends & view!!
Belize it!
Posted By: seashell

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/27/01 02:53 AM

Quin, make sure you check the TV screen for your departure gate while you are hanging out at the Houston airport. I didn't do that last time and they switched gates on me. Darn near missed my plane. You will have a wonderful time. Spend that time hanging at the Houston airport to bring yourself down to Belize speed. It is a great decompression zone. As you can see, I was so decompressed on my third trip down there, that I almost missed my plane through lack of being uptight!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/27/01 07:09 AM

Hi Quinn: I might be on the same flight. Got a great price ($589) for 6 months. I've got a place on the Lagoon Side. My phone #2689 is for you. The Conch Shell has a great location, I can't say that I've seen any of the units. Ya can watch the fish being de-scaled from your front porch. Don't wear expensive hats, the Pelicans really like them! Take care: Bill

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/27/01 07:14 AM

Hi IslandinParadise: The last time someone claimed that they were 17 years old, turned out they were calcutating in dog years (119 years old). Take care: Bill

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/28/01 11:53 PM

Hey thanks for the input. I'll keep a close I on the monitors, I'm kind of worried about flights being canceled on me. I don't know what the room has in it, but for $20 a night I can't complane. I'll be sure and checkout Estel's for Breakfast.

Bill did you really mean 6 months? Wow! I thought 3 weeks was a long trip. Will you even be able to function when you get back? We'll have to have a beer together while we're both there.
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/29/01 03:42 AM

Quin..Rick and I will be arriving on Oct. 30th...staying at the Holiday Hotel...we should try and meet up at the bar on the 30th!! But you're gonna miss Hallowen on AC, and our Saga Benefit...if ya don't see us at the bar (Rick has a damaged eye from an auto accident and wears a patch, so you can't miss us, or ask them at the front desk. Hope to see ya!! C&R

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 09/29/01 07:36 AM

Hi Quinn: Caught me in a lie. I'll actually be there 8 months. It looks like CO flt 1956 on 10/10/01, will be returning on 6/10/02. The answer to your question is, no, I don't really do to well after coming back from Belize. Lookin forward to seeing you somewhere along the line. Take care: Bill

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/01/01 04:42 PM

Hey Bill, we will be on the same flight. I guess I'll be in seat 15F.

Rick & Cherri, I'm going to call my travel agent and see if I can return a day later.

It's only 9 days away and I'm trying to iron out some stuff. Namely money. Should I get travelers checks (are they widely accepted?), or are there bank machines I can use? What do you guys use??

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/01/01 08:08 PM

bill & quin: a favor?

10/26 is my birthday, and i wish i could be there for it. i don't much drink, so would you each mind just wiggling your toes in the sand for me on that day? i think it is a friday. it would mean a lot to me.

thanks,

jane

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/02/01 09:21 PM

Jane,

I just put a note on the calender to wiggle my feet, and take some pics to send you. That way you'll have pics of what it was like on your B-Day on AC. Maybe Bill and I can scrounge up a cupcake and candle too [Linked Image].

Quin

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/03/01 04:26 AM

(smile [Linked Image] )
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/03/01 01:50 PM

Quin, we usually take travelers checks and cash.....i THINK there is an ATM or something of the sort....of course credit cards are widely accepted, but expensive to use!! Hope you can stay a day later!! C&R
Posted By: KC

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/03/01 08:02 PM

Don't count on that ATM -- It didn't work for us.

Kathy

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/04/01 09:18 PM

the first time we brought t. checks, but they were a pain and we came home with several.

last trip we took cash. we charged most everything we could, meals, dives, better restaurants, souveniers.. cash is always accepted with a smile. and a little tip goes a long way there.
Posted By: cats

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/05/01 02:20 AM

IslandinPardise Melissa: I have a 17year old son and a 20year old daughter comming from SanFrancisco to AC on 12/29/01 to 1/5/02
My son did not want to come when he heard we would be gone for the New Year's . We are to be staying at Basil Jones if it is open??
If not somewhere in town we have tickets will travel!!

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/05/01 03:19 PM

CATS- Reassure your son that he will have the time of his lifeas long as he is trying to have a good time. I can remember the first time I went down, I was worried that I was going to be bored out of my mind-it was the complete opposite-I never had a boring moment. I have never had a bad time in San Pedro. My sisters and I would love to meet up with them if they are interested and show them some fun spots and introduce them to some of our friends on the island. It is not hard to find something fun to do on AC. You can e-mail me or have them e-mail me at [email protected] and we can work out some arrangements. Melissa
Posted By: Chloe

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/05/01 04:29 PM

We will be at the Sunbreeze during that time,
my grand daughter is 20 grandsons, one just turned 18 and a 13yr old, and their Mom.
I feel sure they will be looking for buddies and will have a great time. These kids are great swimmers, and swim coaches, and willing to help anyone with their swimming skills. Their Mom is a marathon runner, so everyone will see her running the beach everyday, as you know, runners love to have a running buddy, so check in with us.

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/06/01 12:02 AM

Hi Jane: I'll put it on my social calendar, haven't seen it in acouple of years. Anything else ya want me to wiggle in the sand? Happy B-Day. Take care: Bill

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/06/01 02:54 AM

Wow-looks like there will be a whole entourage of us young adults down in AC. Would love to meet up with your grandkids Chloe. Looks like we have a 23 yr old, 3 20 year olds, an 18 yr old, 2 17 year olds and a 13 year old. Would probably be fun for all of us to go dancing one night. Melissa
Posted By: Chloe

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/06/01 04:55 AM

Hey sounds like a plan, can I go dancing with you young adults? I can pass, if I let my hair down over my face, and be "Cousin It". Can't wait to have some relaxed fun.

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/07/01 09:50 AM

Hi Quinn: I'll be in seat 17F, so we can throw spit wads back and forth. Traveller Checks are the best protection you can find. ATM's are not operative in Belize without a Belizian Bank Account. Take care: Bill PS. my phone # in San Pedro is 2689.
Posted By: ErikaeanLogic

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/08/01 06:15 AM

Hi, Quin

My buddy and I will be heading down for our first trip to AC on 10/20 for a much-needed week in the sun [Linked Image]. We'll be staying at the Paradise Resort. If you agree to meet us and let us in on all the island's secrets, the drinks are on me [Linked Image].

(That offer goes for the rest of you folks, too [Linked Image])

Erik

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/09/01 02:07 AM

EricaeanLogic, if you set the date I'll be there. That is assuming I don't get blown away by Iris or Jerry.

Bill, how are you fealing about the hurricanes on there way to Belize.

I am starting to get depressed about this trip. First 9/11 happened, now we're bombing them. Somebody turned in front of me yesterday and I ran into them. Now there trying to blame it on me. I hurt my wrist, and now two hurricanes are heading to Belize. What else can happen by Wednesday?
Posted By: denverdan

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/09/01 02:24 AM

Hey Quinn,

Maybe you will get "LUCKY" by Wednesday.... (LOL) It always works for me! smile

I don't like to answer for people but Bill already posted, he is holding off going on his trip.
I am not an expert but I don't think you'll have any problems landing in Belize City or going on to the AC. Last year we made it over to the AC via water taxi 3 days after Kieth. Granted we had to leave 35 min. later on the next boat, but that was a different story altogether.

Hopefully Iris will be kind to the other people of Belize where she is heading so spirits are not broken. (waiting... not knowing... is so difficult)

Jerry though may be another story for the AC...

Chin up! Wait for the advise of the experts on the board!

Good luck!

Sincerely,
Hope
Posted By: ErikaeanLogic

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/09/01 05:54 AM

Quin,

Don't worry, the storms will pass within a few days and the sun'll be out again; your wrist should be better by then, too [Linked Image].

I'll be on AC by around noon on the 20th, can probably meet you that evening at the locale of your choosing in San Pedro.

Good luck and don't get blown away before I get there [Linked Image]!

Erik

[This message has been edited by ErikaeanLogic (edited 10-08-2001).]

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/09/01 01:51 PM

Chloe-Of course you are welcome to join us. Maybe I should have said the young people and the young at heart. You can probably shake it better than all of us-you have more practice. Melissa

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/11/01 02:36 AM

I just thought I'd let you know that I'm in San Pedro and Belizen it. Turns out that Iris completely missed SP and it is only a bit wet. Will be going on my first dive Thursday morning and Amigo del Mar says the vis is great.

Till later,

Quin

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/11/01 03:36 PM

are you flexing your toes in preparation for wiggling for me???!!!
Posted By: NYgal

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/11/01 04:13 PM

Jane, although it may not be the same....I brought home sand from our land in Belize.

My B-day is the 29th, I'll use that sand for both of us..just cause I wanna ! OK?

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/12/01 12:48 AM

Well it looks as if we have tickets but no resort to stay at Basil Jones is a no go Looking for a place to stay 4people arriving 12/28-01/05 help
Posted By: Stay In Touch

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/13/01 09:45 PM

LOOKING FOR RESPONSE FROM ErikaeanLogic!
I am planning a trip to AC over Christmas and am considering staying at Paradise Resort Hotel. Will you please email me at [email protected] after your trip and let me know how the facilitiy matches up to your wishes? Anyone else is welcome to pass along recommendations, tips, great places to go, etc. Thanks

P.S. Can anyone offer any opinions about the Exotic Caye Beach Resort?

[This message has been edited by Stay In Touch (edited 10-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Stay In Touch (edited 10-13-2001).]

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/13/01 10:19 PM

NY gal, thanks!! and a big happy birthday to you too. i will be sure to think of you & your toes on both the 26th & 29th. i will be 38, and will be polite & not ask you.

cats, did you see gaz cooper's post about helping BJ owners with special rates?? also that banana beach is helping out too? good luck.

Re: 2 Weeks and counting - 10/17/01 09:29 PM

Yes,Thanks We rented a house south of town we are good to go!!! My husband has been down before but first time for the family.What a way to start the New Year!! Will never forget this year but maybe the New Year will bring peace .We can only hope.
My 18year old daughter joined the Army and was in boot camp for only 2 weeks when they attacked New York.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board