AmbergrisCaye.com Home

The truth behind Basil Jones

Posted By: pedro

The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/19/01 02:29 AM

Nearly three years ago I (unfortunately) came into contact with Adam and he was selling a resort that he built (maybe) in the Dominican republic.Over the bext few months we were in constant communication leading to a meeting with my family lawyers in the UK.He produced paperwork stating that he had bought 13 acres in SP(false).I then sent him a large amount of money (more than any investor) to part pay for my 50% share (the final payment was to be May 2000).
I arrived here in January and hired Tammy a week later to be the general administrator.
After a few weeks I knew that things were not as they ought to be and when I finally got hold of the lawyer and Claudio at Southwinds they told me adam had only put a small down payment on the land and that it was under contract.
The next day I told Tammy that we had been lied to and that i was not going to screw people out of their money because I felt it was an obvious scam.
Tammy stayed and I kicked the shit out of Adam in Fidos(he apparently had to have reconstructive surgery).
This was in February 2000 Tammy stayed for a further 15/16 months knowing that the resort was a lie - I will be interested in replies!
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/19/01 02:37 AM

Seems to me, someone didn't do their research before sending a large sum of $$$$ C Do you think you'll ever be able to "put it in the trash", and move FORWARD???

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 11-18-2001).]

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/19/01 02:47 AM

I do not remember saying I was intelliegent but I did not expect false paperwork.
Posted By: Mosquitorose

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/19/01 04:52 AM

Pedro, I truly sympathise with you. I know you are not stupid. You probably had never had a con artist do his stuff to you. I know Mr. Adam must have been one of the best. Isn't there some way you can legally get him for this? I was raised in Belize and I hate to see crooks come and make a bad name for Belize. But it's so easy to do. I'm glad you came forward with this information. I know there are two sides to every story. I have heard the other side and now this one is yours, and I believe you. All the fingers point to Adam and his cronies, who knew and supported him. I think they were all having a good time and living it up. But you know guilt has a funny way of doing stuff to you. It makes some people talk, talk, talk to explain every little detail to exonorate themselves. Well it ain't working. My momma didn't raise any fool. I may not have bought a timeshare (thank God), but I sure do like to know what goes on in my little mother country. Another thing Pedro.....I'm a firm believer of "what goes around, comes around". Don't you worry, things will work out. My granny used to say...."every day the bucket goes to the well, one day the bottom will fall out. lol

MosquitoR

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 11-18-2001).]
Posted By: ati2d

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/19/01 04:56 AM

......and my mom always said, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"........

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/19/01 05:58 AM

Good one Anita! the beggars are riding.....but not for long..lol

MosquitoR

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/21/01 08:38 AM

Gary,
Is any of this true from your progress report on glentree.com?
"However, I am now pleased to announce that a new corporation, BJ Holdings Ltd, has secured an agreement to purchase the land and continue the development.

We are meeting next week in San Pedro to discuss the completion of the resort with the builder.

With the new ownership/management team in place, we are all committed to completing this project and we will continue to update the website on a regular basis to keep you informed as to developments and to deal with your queries."
Sincerely,
Anita
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/21/01 03:31 PM

That's great news Anita....Thanks! Everything will be OK!!!

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/22/01 04:05 AM

check out:
Vacation and Diving Adventures www.vacationswith.globaltravel.com
Nice photo of Gary!
---------------------------------------------
ALSO, DO YOU KNOW THIS THIEF? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BasilJonesBelize/message/312

[This message has been edited by ati2d (edited 11-22-2001).]

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/22/01 07:11 PM

see message above!
Posted By: NYgal

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/22/01 07:45 PM

It's amazing how quickly you learned so much if you are as new to this board, as you say.

You are talking through someone else, it's obvious.

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/22/01 08:26 PM

When I've been wronged, I make it my business to get as much info as possible! I have my sources......You know......Six degrees of separation....
I can be relentless.
SINCERELY,
Anita
p.s. And I REALLY have only been on this board since Nov'01!

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/23/01 03:56 AM

You're right I do "learn" quickly! NOTHING wrong with that! All of you should........
And I'm only speaking for myself & my husband. WHO do you think I'm speaking for? Just because I'm making an effort to get "the facts"...... who, what, when, where.......what makes you think I'm not capable of disseminating the info I get???
I'll let you know what I know if you want.
Sincerely,
Anita

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/23/01 04:54 AM

was only posting a statement. Not encouraging an argument. Gee
Relax [Linked Image]
Posted By: MARIA ELENA

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/23/01 04:54 AM

ati2d......you sound very familiar. I do not frequent the board but you do seem to know quite a lot more than you are letting on. Your tone of voice and attitude is very familiar.......you act hostile....why. NY has a right to make a comment....why does that seem to bother you? Also, if I am not mistaken, you said you were not a share holder so why so hostile and interested. I am not trying to step on your toes but am just curious. Not trying to insult you or anything....like I said....just curious.
MARIA ELENA

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/23/01 07:27 AM

Hello -
My husband & I did "buy" 2 weeks of the Basil Jones Resort timeshare.
So I have more than just an interest in this conversation. We would like to get some justice, either with the Resort being finished or our money refunded.
NY gal....what DID you mean by "You are talking through someone else, it's obvious."? You never told me who you think I'm talking through. I didn't take your comment as wanting to start an argument. But I think if you make certain statements you should be able to elaborate so I can let you know if what you're thinking is true.....or not.
Maria Elena....you too, think I'm someone I'm not. I'm not hostile, just assertive. I'm not into just complaining & whining. I want to get results, so I will pursue this problem with the resources I have available. I will pay attention to details & follow up on information as it comes in.
Anyone else still interested in getting this Basil Jones issue resolved to our benefit?
Sincerely, (really),
Anita

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/23/01 09:10 AM

Anita,
I misunderstood your interest in the resort and am sorry that you got taken for a ride. I don't think that you all are going about this in the right way by posting all you know on the board. Gather your information and keep records of all information and then go through a lawyer. In my opinion this is the only way you stand a chance of getting your investment back. Friends of Adam or Adam himslef may be reading this board and knows every move, thought and is getting all the information you are getting. Private emails to each other would block any valuable information from getting to him. You (all the investors) should make contact with each other and share expenses and information and go after the b-----d. Get back what is yours and put his butt in prison.
I am sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent. I thought you sounded like SS.
Well I wish you all well and will pray that you get justice.....the ones in the right always are victorious.
MARIA ELENA [Linked Image]
Posted By: Sandshaker

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/23/01 07:19 PM

Well....Well....Well

Like I said before...I don't post under any other names....If you don't see Sandshaker....then it AIN'T me.

Seems one of the Cap'ns decided to over-step thier bounds a few days ago and delete my registration.
It wasn't done by Marty.
I haven't posted anything since then.
I have just re-registered....with my SAME name....and now....maybe since we don't have any button-pushin' happy admins on this board....I'll stay a while.

I deliberately didn't re-registrator for several days just to see what happened.

See?....you assumed that somebody else was me....you were wrong...but don't feel alone.....so have a lot of other people been wrong....about a lot of things.

That is what happens when you get a lot of rumors flying around and everybody's dandruff all up in a frenzy....they lose the ability to reason and LISTEN. Kinda like the old Salem Witch hunts!!! Mass Mayhem!

You did get one thing right though....
I must have said it about 10 times on this board.....STOP plastering every piece of info on this message board. The party in question DOES read it....and you will get know where if you tip him off.

I'm so glad you said it Maria Elena....because nobody seemed to hear it when I said it....they were too busy burning me at the stake.

It's real simple...I mean if I were going to shoot someone.....I wouldn't call them on the phone and say..."Hey, I'm gonna come over to your house on Dec. 1st.....at 6pm....and shoot you!".....LOL
What would be the odds that the person would be stupid enough to stick around for your visit?....DUH!

Even worse....you wouldn't say what you were gonna do on a public message board.
That would be a nice juicy piece of evidence that could be used against you in a court of law.
Besides...this is not the place for public threats. It is supposed to be for information and light hearted talk about Ambergris Caye.
It has turned into something completely different. A hateful monster.
I think we have enough hate going on in the world without dragging it into here!
We should all count our blessings that we are able to come in here and chat...and stop tearing each other part.

I'm with Sandcrab....in his earlier post...I'll be checking in once in a while....but I don't have time or patience to continue bantering about this stupid resort. I wish I had never heard of it.
And I'm real sick and tired of defending myself.
To the people I knew in San Pedro....that I can call my real friends....and the owners that I am in contact with now....they know the whole story and I don't have to explain myself at all to them. That is all I care about.

Just a reminder...
If you start a topic.....and you decide to delete the first post in that topic.....you will delete all replies in that topic along with it....thus the entire topic disappears.
Only the person that starts the topic is able to do this.....or a cap'n...which we don't have anymore. Also...the person posting is the only one that can edit his/her own posts.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season....to all! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 11-23-2001).]

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/23/01 08:53 PM

Getting the Basil Jones Resort problems resolved is not going to be a quick project. It's probably going to take a long, long time. Hope people don't get discouraged (ie: without courage) and give up.
Mainly, We would like a place on Ambergris Caye to vacation & get away from our busy lives here. Last time we were there it was paradise.
We also want justice for the people invlolved in building, buying, & administering the Resort...and that includes Gary & Tammy.
Adam Chandler is a narcissistic sociopath.....THAT made him good at what he does. And THAT is pitifull.
We, all of US, are civilized people. If it weren't for people's love & concern for each other, our species would cease to exist.
Hope everyone involved will have patience & see this through.
Remember......"Patience is a Virtue & Virtue is a Grace. And Grace is knowing when to have Patience."
Sincerely, Anita

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/23/01 09:43 PM

SS,
You said it yourself honey..."you don't have to justify yourself to anyone". Stop putting yourself through this..it's not worth it, is it. Seems like not one appreciates your efforts and not being the blame or involved in the wrong doings, forget about all of this and enjoy life, as life is too short. There is nothing you can do to solve this problem and you are adding stress to your life. Drop the subject and enjoy yourself. Your conscience is your guide and that should be all that matters to you. Don't care what the world has to say to you or about you....you know where you stand and that should be all that matters.
Wishing you well and be happy honey...NOT WORTH ALL THE HASTLE.
MARIA ELENA
Posted By: Chloe

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/23/01 09:51 PM

........TRU DAT........

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/23/01 11:11 PM

Tanguberrymund....Maria Elena

And everyone else that has spoken on this topic.
Court is closed ! ! !

The End
Posted By: basilcheated

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/25/01 01:00 AM

I think Sandshaker is full of CACA.

She seems awfully defensive of Mr. Chandler and probably knows much more than what she is letting on.

Tammy why don't you divulge all that you really know. There were many scandalous things that happened at BJR. Were you involved in any of the U.S. felonnies?

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/25/01 07:01 AM

Hee, hee Caca. Well anyway Anita I went to see the thief. And he sure looks like the devil. lol

MR

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 11-24-2001).]

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/26/01 02:15 AM

Has anyone heard anything new about the "BJ HOLDINGS, LTD" that's supposed to be taking over the Basil Jones Resort project, per Gary Carlson in his "progress report" on the glentree.com page?
(anyone?anyone?)
Anita
Posted By: Belize2002

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/27/01 01:49 AM

Anita, I havent heard anything either . Its probaly more lies anyways ! I doubt if we ever hear anything about that place, only that it has fallen down . What a blessing that would be !
Posted By: Gary

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/27/01 04:35 AM

Anita,

Why don't you ask me via email? When I reply to you, you can copy and paste it from coast to coast.

My web site is just that. Mine. I am sorry that I forgot to ask permission to remove or update, my personal web site or didn't you notice that part of it? You want pictures? Email me. I'll send tons of them your way.
Posted By: Belize2002

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/27/01 04:48 AM

Gary, We didnt think that your 'reply' or 'send' button worked on your computer ! Wish I had a penny for every "un-replied to" email that he has ..... I could OWN Basil Jones and 10 more ! Im not the only who has commented on that ! [Linked Image]

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/27/01 05:01 AM

Sorry Gary... I DID think it was a nice photo, even though I've never seen you in person. Very rugged looking.
I didn't expect you to even remember me, let alone think you would even consider my feeling about anything!
Sincerely,
Anita
p.s. You never e-mail me anymore........ ;-(

[This message has been edited by ati2d (edited 11-26-2001).]

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 11/28/01 06:17 PM

Gary....check your e-mail

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/02/01 09:09 PM

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY NEW UPDATES?
Anita

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/05/01 12:24 AM

From what I understand MJ is still trying to out together BJ Holdings,with Gary still involved but I think that is full of caca as they both keep promising to come down but as yet nothing

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/10/01 10:56 PM

Doesn anyone know what's going to happen to the 8 units that are already built at Basil Jones Resort?
Can we make some kind of arrangement to have the units that
are already built finished & furnished? We don't really care about
the pool (the ocean is right there) or the restaurant (we can do
our own cooking). We would just like a place to relax & hang out
at. We don't really need all the "bells & whistles" that they
projected for the resort. How many "owners" are there? How
many weeks were "bought"? How would that divide up among all
of us? Anybody else care if there are 100+ units more? I DON'T.
Small is ok for us.
What do you think?
Anita
Posted By: munichchick

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/14/01 12:11 AM

Keep in mind that the nice Lady at the Belize Tourism board has told several of us owners that BJR never had government approvals for anything.

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/14/01 01:08 AM

I think what the nice lady at the Belize Tourism board said or meant to say was that Basil Jones Resort had not filed any paperwork for an operating license. This staement is true.

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/19/01 04:54 PM

If any Basil Jones Resort "owners" haven't check the www.glentree.com site lately, there is an update as of 12/17/01. They're updating their owner data again so they can contact us.
Another wait-and-see........
Anita
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/20/01 03:29 AM

What a shocker. All new web page and pictures???
No mention of any past???
This is just too weird.
I'm sure glad I didn't send any of my underwater photos for them to use. Sure don't want my name attached to this mess.
Harriette

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/20/01 06:37 AM

Harriette,

I can tell that you have not been following the Basil Jones thread, or the web site! Do you own a week of timeshare at Basil Jones Resort & Club? The web site background "changed" in august of this year. Most of the pictures have stayed the same. The new pictures are of some guests that visited the resort this summer. The progress report is updated to keep unit week owners informed. Hope this helps you out.

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/20/01 07:18 AM

The reply would have read better...yes there have been changes of the website background and pictures, plus the background of the resort has also changed, and we are updating all, as new information is available.
Let's consider total respect for her pictures.
It is not necessary to use a verbal 2X4 to get our attention here.

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/20/01 07:33 AM

Chloe,

Not trying to get your attention at all. I mentioned nothing about her pictures. I gave total respect to her! Just stating the facts. Lets not bring any personal issues that one might have into this message board. You have no idea what's going on. Trust me!

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/20/01 07:58 AM

Well, Gary......
What IS going on? Alot of us "have no idea".
Trust ME!
Anita

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/20/01 06:35 PM

My MY need I say more, "Trust Me" and "No Idea What Is Going On".

This is not personal it is business.

Ouch!

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 12-20-2001).]
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/20/01 11:57 PM

Gary
I believe you were absent from these boards for awhile. Am I right? Your statement about my not following the board is very wrong. I have been an active member here for almost a year and I always sign my name. So, for those of you who are familiar with me, this is not intended for you.
Gary: No, I did not buy into Basil Jones. My dive buddy went into the office and met either you or Adam back in 2000. He advised against buying into a time-share in Belize. I personally don't care for time-shares so was never tempted.
However, when the first reports of problems started showing up here, on the message boards, I participated by asking a lot of questions.
REASON: I was researching buying a lot on Long Caye at Lighthouse and wanted to get as much information as possible before I invested my money. I even made a 4-day trip down to make sure my purchase was going to be on the up and up. I am very happy to say that it is and that project is coming along much faster than I expected.
I went back over Thanksgiving and am buying into Waterfall Court. I'm doing this after doing a LOT of research, especially checking on the credibility of the owner/developer and the builder.
When something is on the up and up, with nothing to hide, questions are welcomed and answered without hostility.
When I was on A/C in Jan. of this year I made a deal with Tammy to provide her with 20 underwater pictures in exchange for a week at the resort. Fortunately for me I never got the stuff together. That is what I was referring to when I said I was happy my name was not attached to this project.

The Basil Jones web page very obviously is very different. There are a lot of people who love Belize, Ambergris Caye, San Pedro Town and want to love Basil Jones. I'm cheering for everyone who put any money into this project - even you.
Harriette
Posted By: royals

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/21/01 07:47 PM

Not knowing much about this topic except what I've read on here, I decided to check out the website. I typed Basil Jones in the keyword and this is what I found:
http://www.sellmyshare.com/

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/31/01 01:40 AM

Has anyone checked out this site: http://belizebreeze.com/basiljones/about2.htm
It says that the resort plans for occupancy in January 2003!
I'm wondering about that!
Posted By: DOROTHY

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/31/01 04:59 PM

[This message has been edited by DOROTHY (edited 01-03-2002).]

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 12/31/01 06:23 PM

OH Dorothy, a new can of worms.... lol...oops

MR

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 01/03/02 07:25 PM

This was interesting:

Mar 23

' Most Wanted - Your crime stories about timeshare
Most Wanted is a brand new magazine & website designed to help fight crime by giving you the opportunity to offer rewards for information.
Has someone taken your money? Have you been ripped off in some way? Do you need to find someone? Or do you just want a person or company stopped from comitting the same crimes against others? Then Most Wanted can help, simply send your stories and reward offers to [email protected] or log onto www.mostwanted.uk.com and enter your own infomration on line.'
Kind Regards

Jane

This is not Jane in Pa lol

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 01-03-2002).]
Posted By: KC

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 01/03/02 07:34 PM

MR,
That link didn't work for me...

K
Posted By: DOROTHY

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 01/03/02 11:14 PM

me either

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 01/04/02 07:29 AM

try this one
http://www.crimeshare.cc/46.html

MR
Posted By: Sandshaker

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 01/05/02 12:38 AM

ati2d
. posted 12-30-2001 05:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone checked out this site: http://belizebreeze.com/basiljones/about2.htm
It says that the resort plans for occupancy in January 2003!
I'm wondering about that!

This is not a Basil Jones website...it's a personal page of someones that happens to have info...and current I might add...LOL....about Basil Jones.

I've replied to your post on the yahoo group Anita.

Have a good day! [Linked Image]
Posted By: skullyboy

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 01/07/02 05:59 AM

Harriette I`m Interested In information on Watterfall Court.If you would be so kind as to e-mail me. I have some questions you might be able to help me with., I`m Daryl and my e-mail address is [email protected] Thank you.Daryl

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 01/09/02 04:24 AM

There is some new updates re: Basil Jones Resort on: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BasilJonesBelize/messages
if anyone who has an interest in it wants to check it out.

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 01/10/02 02:13 AM

Keep in mind I am not a Timeshare Owner of Basil Jones Resort and no connection what so ever, other than knowing of some of the players. I did personally visit the Resort site since the first of this new year. There were 5 in my group, and we all voted, that stretch of beautiful beach was our most serene, peaceful place we visited on Ambergris Caye. The good word around town was, the new Owner was there and made great progress with his plans to finish and open the resort as soon as he possible. When the resort opens, and you owners get to stay there, you will quickly forget about all the hardship you have been through with your purchase. I stood on Basil Jones Beach and remembered all the posts, and troubles, and prayed a silent pray, that you too, will find the serenity one day there, that I felt.
I pride myself on being a smart business person, and I go on gut instinct and communication alot. Standing there, my gut feeling was, yes this wonderful place will be partially finished and enjoyed later this year. Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 01-09-2002).]
Posted By: munichchick

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 01/10/02 09:39 PM

Chloe! Thank you for visiting BJR, the update, your prayer and keeping us owners positive. You are great! We also felt that the Basil Jones area was very serene, beautiful and special. The kind of place for a wonderful relaxing vacation and we just love the Tiki Huts. We where so sad when we found out that we might never vacation there after visiting. This is the reason, besides the money we would loose why we got so angry!
I go through life with a positive attitude and therefore still hope BJR will be a success and we can spend many happy vacations there! We where suposed to stay there in March but know this will not happen so we go somewhere else and will be back on AC in 2003.

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 01/13/02 08:41 PM

Gary, Are you back from London yet?
Anita

Re: The truth behind Basil Jones - 01/17/02 03:47 AM

There is an update on glentree.com if you are interested.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board