AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Greetings!

Posted By: Anonymous

Greetings! - 12/24/01 05:37 PM

I hope you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous holiday!
I didn't discover AC until February, and it was a tragic situation that took me there the first time. Didn't find the message board until right after that. I don't know how I could have gotten through this year without the beautiful paradise we have discovered, and the wonderful friends made- both on the island and this board. I think we should plan the party of the century and all meet up! Thank you all, you don't know what you mean to me!
This year... my wish is that all of my friends know peace.
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Greetings! - 12/24/01 06:01 PM

I like your idea about the party of the century. I have met some very cool people from this board. I think that is part of what traveling is all about.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Laurie
Posted By: Mosquitorose

Re: Greetings! - 12/24/01 06:29 PM

DITTO

MR
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Greetings! - 12/24/01 06:35 PM

We all are glad to be of help and support to one another. We are a special group, no doubt. Best Wishes to All.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Greetings! - 12/24/01 08:54 PM

Amen to that, here's to another great year.....

ibanole, comments like yours make all the work behind this board seem like nothing at all. peace to you and yours.

Chloe, we sure need to meet someday.

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 12-24-2001).]

Re: Greetings! - 12/24/01 09:10 PM

"smiling out loud with Marty"
We will meet one day Marty, or perhaps we have already met, in another life. Actually I
believe all of we boards have been together in another life, in BELIZE. How about that?

Re: Greetings! - 12/25/01 06:48 AM

There have been so many things that have happened in all our lives this year.
The most outstanding thing for me was, a dear Belizean friend with a terminally ill husband, and she nursed him at home, until the end. He was special, we all know because she told us, as many of we boarders about 10 or 12 of us sat with her every night for months and chatted with her online, to help her laugh and cry, as we did. She is a very outstanding person, and most of us have yet to meet her in person, but she touched us. SHE knows who she is, and hopefuly she felt our love every night. During the time for fun we came up with at least 1000 ways to use duct tape, to make her laugh, and she shared it all with her dear husband. She asked me to give a message to her beloved Caribbean Sea, so I am carrying that message duct taped to my suitcase. I know she will email me, to kick my butt for this post, but that is how she is. Love ya Gal.
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Greetings! - 12/25/01 04:21 PM

You said a great deal in that post.

The friend will cherish you forever. I hope you have a grande Holiday with your family.

Safe travels, Chloe.
What a wonderful Christmas Story. *tears*
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Greetings! - 12/25/01 04:33 PM

NO....it's not me that she is referring.
I didn't want that 'Gal' to toss you in the wrong direction.

Merry Christmas to all.
Posted By: CAPTAIN bigzeke

Re: Greetings! - 12/25/01 05:52 PM

Vicki....me and Mrs. Zeke will always be friends with you and Butch and I am sure we will be neighbors on AC sometime in the not too distant future. I almost feel bad that your beloved Noles are going to get their ass kicked on New Year's Day. Damn I'm even nasty on Christams! Am I a scrooge or what? Happy Happy Holidays to you and all the message board posters. Marty.... I don't want to hear you crying about how hard you work at this message board or I will put you to work running my restaurant and I KNOW you don't want to get back in this business! See I told you I am a nasty bastard. Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas this year to one and all!
Posted By: IslandJunkie

Re: Greetings! - 12/25/01 11:49 PM

My turn to be mushy.... I, too, have had a very difficult year. Many transitions, many life changing events. Traveling to AC for the first time and meeting some incredible people there has truly impacted my life. And, then to come back and share it (and more) with all you fine folks.... yep, Zeke, even though you're onery even on Christmas, you're still a gem... I haven't been around the board much this fall, but love ya'all dearly! Best wishes for 2002, and count me in for the party of the century!

IJ
Posted By: Marty

Re: Greetings! - 12/26/01 05:24 AM

hey zeke, i was a chef for 25 years in fine dining. I didn't realize how hard i was working til i stopped. here's my old restaurant, now retired...
http://Casado.net/northbank/

photos: http://casado.net/northbank/views/exteriornbank.html

menu: http://casado.net/northbank/dinnermenu.html

a dozen kinds of fresh fish every day, kansas beef, all soups and sauces from scratchman, we had the grub.

god that was hard work.

Re: Greetings! - 12/26/01 04:43 PM

Great menu there Marty, I'm just praying that I get out of this business while I'm still breathing. Thirty years owning restaurants have made the Zekester an old man before his time.
http://www.oldcity.com/innlet/

Re: Greetings! - 12/26/01 04:49 PM

Thought I could not get any free advertising here, huh Marty? Played you like a fiddle....LOL

Re: Greetings! - 12/26/01 06:19 PM

Ha ha, too funny Big Zeke. Anyway glad to know where you're at. Will pay you a visit soon. St. Augustine is my favorite hang out.

P.S. also owned a restuarant in Belize many moons ago....I decided..one could get lost in the kitchen forever..so that didn't last long lol.

MR
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Greetings! - 12/26/01 06:43 PM

Hi Zeke,
I hope Santa was good to you... I hear he visits the really naughty ones too! In fact, I know he does... he visited my place!!
See you next week!!
I loved your shameless plug, but you didn't do a very good job of it... you didn't say the food is absolutely delicious, the drinks are perfect, the clientel is questionable (after all, I have been there), the only problem I know of is the nasty decor.... you have that awful picture of Spurrious and another of the Stooper... you should class up the joint... paint it garnet and gold!! Love ya'll! Kisses to Mrs Zeke!

Re: Greetings! - 12/26/01 06:56 PM

MR....I paid Ibanole for writing that, but if you do come over give me a notice and maybe Vicki can join us. Lunch or dinner on me! Now can you beat that?

Re: Greetings! - 12/26/01 08:56 PM

Zeke, you're too cute for words...will let you know when I'm heading that way. Just live down the road in longwood fl. Great deal!

MR
Posted By: Mike and Daphne Ryan

Re: Greetings! - 12/26/01 09:59 PM

hey bigzeke --

We lived in Saint A for a year. Sailed down from New York. Our boat still lives there. When we hang up this job racket we'll be down there getting her ready to sail to Belize, among other places. We'll drop in.

Mike Ryan

Re: Greetings! - 12/26/01 10:51 PM

Need a crew?
Posted By: KC

Re: Greetings! - 12/26/01 11:11 PM

Marty,
I didn't know that you used to chef at the Northbank! You are full of surprises.

Kathy
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board