AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: KC XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/27/02 08:01 PM
Hopefully it is a good sign that we have not heard from Ellydognme today????

Ya think she might have made the plane?

Hopefully, she will be wiggling her toes in the sand tonight.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Johnboy Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/27/02 08:29 PM
KC---If she didn't make the plane today ,then it would probably be best for her to cancel her trip....I would bet she got tired waiting at the air port because of her early arrival...HAHA!!!Remember tho-------------she is blonde...............
Don't you just love blonde jokes?????
Posted By: KC Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/27/02 10:22 PM
"oh yes, John. I just love blonde jokes" <she said through gritted teeth>

just kidding... Now that I'm old and gray, no one can tell that I used to be blonde.
Gray = wise........ right?

Kathy
Posted By: Johnboy Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/27/02 11:10 PM
Kathy, If gray = wise, That makes me the smartest fellow around!!!!My wife is blonde so I have to be careful with the "jokes"...
We will be in AC Sunday , wish you were there....(Course,you do too)............
John
Posted By: seashell Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/28/02 06:31 AM
[Linked Image] If what DesertDiver said about the dive conditions, I feel for Elly too.

Her big dive lesson plans may be slightly disrupted and here some of us were encouraging her to take her instruction this week. Oh well, if the weather is miserable, she'll have something to do while she's taking the classroom and "pool" instruction. Then with luck conditions will have cleared up a bit by the time she's ready for her OW sessions.

That's the thing about going at this time of year.

Well, heck, that's the thing about going at Xmas too. Two years in a row, I was cold. Not that this past season was quite as bad as the year before.
Posted By: Woz Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/28/02 04:40 PM
I think she said that she'll be there for 2 weeks. A lot can happen in two weeks. I hope she gets to dive, but even if she doesn't, I'm sure will get a very interesting trip report back.
Posted By: KC Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/28/02 04:46 PM
Seashell,
Maybe it will work out just right for her... A few days to choose a dive shop... then a few days to do classroom stuff (I don't know how long that takes)... Then maybe the weather will have cleared up, and she can dive.

Fingers crossed for her again. XXX

Kathy
Posted By: sweetjane Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/28/02 05:31 PM
i sorta advised her to wait for calm water for the dive. she is so stoked, it can only mean adventure.

she will be fine, mom.
Posted By: Johnboy Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/29/02 06:18 PM
Has anyone heard from Elly???Does anyone know if she is on the island????? John
P.S. 24 hrs& 24 min till l "lift-off, I promise we won't miss that plane!!!!!!!
Posted By: seashell Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/29/02 08:26 PM
Does anyone remember where she said she was staying? Go find her John, her name is Kayla and she's a blonde and a teacher. Ask around.

Do I have that info right gang?
Posted By: klcman Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/29/02 09:08 PM
Ruby's or Lily's
Posted By: MandM Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/29/02 10:36 PM
I really feel bad for Kayla --- missing your flight - after the LONG wait.... gotta suck.

Still --- it's hard to feel too sympathetic -- jealousy is so much easier !!

After all our trips to Belize -- and as much as we've hung on this boards' every word....

--- wish we'd missed our flight yesterday and were arriving a day late !!!!

M [Linked Image] M
Posted By: Johnboy Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 06/30/02 05:26 AM
I bet she's alright but I'll check as soon as I get there (3:55pm)..She is booked at Rubie's.......15hrs.....& here we come!!!
John & Linda
Posted By: Johnboy Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/09/02 03:21 PM
Well I'm back (with tears in my eyes)...Yes we found Kayla & she is doing great!!!! She got certified & is going to take the advanced class & do the "Blue-hole dive...She hasn't decided when she is coming home-----"She LOVES AC...Later,John
Posted By: sweetjane Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/09/02 06:08 PM
(report! report! report!)
Posted By: Johnboy Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/09/02 08:56 PM
Report coming later .....Gotta get all my memory bank straightend out so all my facts
are correct.....We had one "H--L OF A TIME".
Got some great pics at the party.....John
Posted By: va.beachgirl Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/10/02 03:37 AM
welcome home johnboy....we made it home too.with tears in our eyes and no money in our pockets!!! so the night before we left....after dinner at blue water with you and linda...which was so fun and great food too....we made it back to the hotel to get that sleeping child in bed. i decided that i wasnt quite ready to go home. i ran into casey...one of the bald boys that was at mata rocks and managed to stay out til 3am or so. we went to fido's and closed it with kayla. before she had gotten there i wrote a note to the band to aske if a kayla from bakersville was in the bar......no response ,so i just looked around and had a feeling a little later about this blonde girl. it was kind of like the way i met you...just had a feeling about you and asked if you were the crazy texan! anyway she was who i thought she was....and you were right ...we got along great and had so much fun closing that bar. she had to get up early to dive so we couldnt talk her into going to iguans and big daddy's with us. so the next day we had to go home...on that boat...100%humidity, 100 degrees and 100% regretting that i acquired myself a rotten hangover. rob said that i could not whine though and i agreed...i did it to myself. so now we are home...reading about everyones trip and wished that we were still there. sure hope that you and anna were not able to "get the red out" on that picture of me! let me know whats up!!!
Posted By: Johnboy Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/10/02 01:21 PM
Beachgirl-----Aren't digitial cameras wonderful?????? No red ,only a marvelous TAN.......Hope you had as much fun as we did on AC.....We really enjoyed the time we spent with you'all......Stay in touch,,John
Posted By: ellydognme Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/16/02 07:06 PM
Ok guys I'm back . . .

Don't even know where to begin with trip report. Let's just say I had the time of my life (Arrived home last night)! Glanced at desertdivers report and think he is just one of those peple who can't appreciate what life is all about (Will certainly respond to that thread later!). I am glad I did not have to suffer his opinions while in San Pedro! Ran into a few people with his attitude and promply moved bar stools. He He. Will go into more details about my dive experience later, but let's just say that I went diving twelve of the 18 days I was there and was in heaven each time! Fell in love with everything about this wonderful place. The people of San Pedro are kind, generous, warm, funny, interesting and know how life should be lived! Had to come back to relieve dog sitter, but am seriously considering going back next month intead of previously planned August trip. I need a little time to adjust here, and then I will give full details on my adventure! I just can't thank you all enough for encouraging this trip. I never would have done it without all your help and advice.
Sincerely
Elly/Kayla
Posted By: o jackie Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/16/02 07:28 PM
Welcome back Kayla, glad you enjoyed youself even if the begining started out a little rough. Cant wait to hear your trip report.
Jackie
Posted By: Bobber Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/16/02 10:27 PM
Kayla, I hate to say "I told you so", but...
Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Posted By: Johnboy Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/16/02 11:38 PM
Welcome home Kayla...Enjoyed the time we spent with you....John & Linda
Posted By: sweetjane Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/17/02 12:06 AM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: KC Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/17/02 02:05 AM
Hey, Jane... Is that a totem pole? [Linked Image]

cute.
Posted By: seashell Re: XXX fingers crossed XXX - 07/17/02 07:58 AM
Kayla, that's fantastic. I can't wait to hear a detailed report, especially about the diving.

But then after that I'm hoping you'll dish a little dirt. hee hee
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board