AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID COMMENTS ON LILYS - 04/02/02 10:04 PM
hey scuba lady/hariette or anyone else out there!!! has anyone stayed at lilys??? how was the dive shop etc.?
gay
Posted By: seashell Re: COMMENTS ON LILYS - 04/05/02 09:11 PM
I haven't stayed at Lily's but I've eaten there a number of times. It's a small place right in the middle of the action.

As to the dive shop, you must be thinking of Amigos del Mar which is right out front of Lily's.

It is an excellent shop with an excellent reputation. You should be well pleased.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: COMMENTS ON LILYS - 04/06/02 11:34 AM
Don't know about the rooms but you just a rock throw from us, so I can see alot of Partyin going on!!!!!,, Great beach in that area.... See ya down there.. Rick
Posted By: snowbird Re: COMMENTS ON LILYS - 04/07/02 03:34 PM
We've stayed there the past 3 years - ocean side rooms up or downstairs are great - what a view from the porch! Very basic rooms but clean w/all important fridge [Linked Image] Great family there and at the restaurant next door! We're not divers but have been to Amigos just to visit, looks to be tops. Our only complaint was it could be noisy at night. Right in the middle of it all. R.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: COMMENTS ON LILYS - 04/11/02 06:23 AM
Yes, I've stayed at Lily's. I agree, beach front rooms for sure. If you like to meet people get a downstairs one as a lot of people who walk along the beach will stop and sit at one of the tables and chat with you.
If you want privacy, select an upstairs unit. Nice balcony and catches the breeze.
About the noise - if you close the windows and use the air conditioner (low is all you will need) it isn't so bad.

I loved being in #8 - lower beach and right next to the restaurant. Rey and his lovely wife will spoil you with their good coffee, JohnnyCakes with butter and great jam. If you are lucky enough to go in lobster season the lobster omelets are to die for - and very inexpensive.
I'm drooling.
Harriette
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: COMMENTS ON LILYS - 04/11/02 10:13 PM
thx harriette and others, we are downstairs because we had to have 2 double beds and that is all we could get. i require mass quantities of highly cafinated coffee when my feet hit the floor in the morning so i can't wait (gave up nicotine for cafine). i know lobster season does not open til 6/15 but can someone update me on conch season dates. hope it is in season or i will eat lots of grouper and stewed chicken. sounds like i will really be suffering. stop by and have a beer on the veranda with us everyone. can't wait. i think take off time is 41 hrs and counting OR 2460 minutes OR 147600 seconds!!!!! well i better start counting: 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississippi, 4 mississippi.
gay
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board