AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Bernd is off to Germany!!!!!

Posted By: rickcheri

Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/13/02 02:52 AM

Hey ya all, Bernd is off to Germany.. He left us at 2:30pm, here in Ft. Worth.. We had a lovely 2 days with him, even with his injuries....LOL...
He'll be back on the island in less than 3 months.. time to heal....;
Adam we missed your call, call us...
We had a great dinner at a german rest. here in Ft. Worth last night, Cheri's parents were there for Mother's day...
Bernd wanted us to tell ya all that he misses ya all, and that he will be back soon.... to the island.. Take care and we'll talk with ya all soon... Rick
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/13/02 03:03 AM

I went to the Hideaway for dinner (great food, had the special recommended by Jerry)for my last night (Friday) and wanted to meet him, but was told he went back to Germany. Something about ankle injury?

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/13/02 05:03 AM

Yes,
Has to have sugery on em... LOl

Rick
Posted By: MandM

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/13/02 05:42 AM

Cool, thanks so much for the update. Please keep us up to date on what's happening with Bern. Tell him we are thinking about him and look forward to seeing him back in SP.

Mark [Linked Image] Mary

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/14/02 12:31 AM

OK Berndt....I'm telling!!! (shouldn't have left that Coconut Rum here!!LOL) I can hardly believe EVERYONE doesn't know by now!!! .ya know, cocnut telegraph !! He was with us 3 weeks ago at Fido's to see Category 7..having fun..yadayada..Berndt got carried away with the moment and barefooted, decided to get up on a table and dance!!! Well, he didn't want help down....and besides, ladies were tipping him!!! Anyway, he enthusiastically jumped UP in the air, before "jumping down"...landed wrong on both feet....broke them!! It has been pretty aweful for him , but he is a kindred spirit and let's all wish/send him heeling with God Speed To You Dear Friend!!!!!! Coconut!!!!...P.s. I cried when you left Sunday....After watching those videos of AC..We will see you soon!!!! When you get your "hotmail" account, let us know....have news for you!!! C HEY Mark and Mary!!!! Absolutely awesome to meet you guys!!! Hope the rest of your trip was grand!!! When ya going back??? And did you ever find Bankerwoman????

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 05-13-2002).]
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/14/02 01:01 AM

Thanks for the update. Nobody seemed to want to say anything, even though I did not get to meet Bernd. I did hear something about dancing, women, ankles and a hard headed German! LOL. Hope he recovers quick and gets his butt back to AC.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/14/02 02:26 AM

somehow, that is EXACTLY what i thought happened.
Posted By: BankerWoman

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/14/02 03:49 PM

Cheri: Not a soul found me on AC except bywarren who stopped by one day early on at our digs at Caribbean Villas to introduce himself. (He and I share a secret vice - a place called "Whitey's" back home here in the Midwest. If you like Manelly's, this place will put tears in your eyes...) Anyway, sorry not to have shown up at BC's on Sunday 4/21. My better half was in the throes of La Turista and a walk too far from CV was pretty much out of the question. We ended up cancelling our Caye Caulker trip the next day, too. But hey, stuff happens. Sorry to have not met you but we were there with you in spirit [Linked Image]
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/14/02 10:38 PM

While in the hospital, Bernd should have wings installed!!

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/15/02 01:32 AM

Bankerwoman-i'd have left his ass there!!! In Bed!!! Right Rick???? Ya gotta seize the moments in life!!! C
Posted By: divnflylots

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/15/02 02:21 AM

Hi you guys, I am sorry I didnt call, I was informed that Burnd was leaving from texas friday night from Jerry!! Thats why I didnt call, I also have not checked my mail nor the message board for a few days!
I hope he has a speedy recovery. I hope I see him some time before I leave. So you guys dont know when your gonna plan your next trip(r&s)? -Adam

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/15/02 02:10 PM

Nah, he's my honey and way too special to leave him alone to his own devices --- even to meet that wild crowd at BC's! Needless to say, though, we were VERY glad to have been carrying that Noroxin (one step stronger than the Immodium that didn't even come close to doing the job) from the doctor. (Don't get started on THAT one, DR. Glen...)He was up and smiling by the next afternoon. The delicious lime juice (and a little antiseptic rum) seemed to keep the bug away from me but no luck for him. Glad you all had a great time!

[This message has been edited by BankerWoman (edited 05-15-2002).]

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/17/02 01:47 PM

Bernd!!! If you're reading this board....we would really like to hear from you!! Let us know how you are doing!! OK-here comes a storm....please let us know-gotta go!! C

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/21/02 01:40 PM

OK Bernd.....we figure you are in a hospital bed....probably with your laptop (or at home) since you cannot really go anywhere.... WHY HAVEN"T WE HEARD FROM YOU??? Lots of people sending us emails and asking about you!! And we have important news to share with you! PLEASE call or email!!! Your Coconut/Pirate

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/22/02 04:24 PM

R&C- Sorry for the delayed response. We have been in Wichita Falls for the last week helping my brother clean his house out and putting it up for sale.
It was great meeting you The rest of our trip was awesome.Not sure when the next trip is yet. I'm sure we'll meet again.

BankerWoman-You would not believe how many women I approched at BC's and asked if they were Banker Woman. I got some pretty strange looks. LOL! Sorry we missed you.

Bernd-Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Keep in touch and hope to see you in AC soon.

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/22/02 08:41 PM

MandM: All I can say is I'm glad my screen name isn't "F***head" or something. Who knows what might have happened to you if you had gone around asking for THAT name! LOL. Sorry we didn't meet up. Glad to know you had a good time, though.

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/23/02 01:21 AM

Bernd......we know you are there!!! We have important info for you!!!! TOP SECRET!!!! Please, don't try any funny stuff!!! LOL....Seriously, please respnod privatley!!! C&R

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/23/02 10:10 PM

PLEASE BERND.....PLEASE get in touch with us!!!!!!!

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/25/02 04:13 AM

Bernd, Hopefully you are recovering and will be back to SP in the near future. Just wanted you to know we are thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/26/02 04:35 PM

Bernd-we are so worried about you!!!!! I have a cousin who is a police officer there and now he's trying to find you too!!! So don't be surprised if the law comes a knocking!! LOL...PLEASE call-8175404138...coconut/pirate

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/28/02 12:52 AM

We're grilling Brats and beef ribs.....thinking about ya-but not understanding why you won't communicate??? LOTS of people feeling the same way....especially on AC!!! Please my friend, let us know what is going on!!! C
Posted By: JmHanna

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/28/02 02:08 AM

I hope the 'brats' are not the 'el mutto's'

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/28/02 11:18 PM

Mr. Pier Lounge-no, we're not cooking the dogs!!! They are too tough for that. BUT we do have info from Bernd-finally today!!! BOTH of his feet were broken. The right one is worse. They did surgery on Friday on the right one. A piece of bone had to be taken from the upper leg to repair the foot...so he will walk again!!! YEA!!!!! He says to all his friends a BIG HELLO and that he is fine and will see us all soon!!!!! He (US) miss AC really really bad!!!! Mr. Pier Lounge.....too bad you missed my famous bar b q'ed BEEF ribs yesterday! When we get moved i will cook a rack just for you!!! They were delicious!!!! I can even put a little "Jack" in the marinade...JUST FOR YOU!!!!!! Tell Juan and Ana a big HELLO!!!!

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 05-28-2002).]
Posted By: gailtor

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/29/02 02:55 AM

GREAT NEWS that "we" have finally heard from Bernd! Sorry to hear that he has had to have the surgery, rebreaking his foot and taking a piece of bone out but as you say... he'll be back dancing in San Pedro soon... Take care Bernd, rest up so that when you get back to AC you will have all the energy in the world and be in the best of health... Cheers Gail [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by gailtor (edited 05-28-2002).]
Posted By: divnflylots

Re: Bernd is off to Germany!!!!! - 05/30/02 06:24 PM

Hey its adam, R&C I have lost your e mail add. I have been so busy lately. I am so glad burnd is ok and will be walking again, he wont dance on tables with me around I can say that much,lol. Man thats traumatic! I pray he is back on AC "A" soon! 5 more days!!!!! I cant wait to dive. I will be at the hideaway ofcourse. If you have an add for burnd please let me get it too along with yours. I am gonna have to go to the internet cafe's now! You guys take care and I will hopefully see you soon! Everyone on AC and everyone else that loves AC........lots of love Adam
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board