AmbergrisCaye.com Home

BERND/BILL...anybody.......

Posted By: rickcheri

BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/02/02 05:55 PM

I have HAD IT!!!!! Winter storm AGAIN here in Texas!!!! It's March, in Texas...it should atleast be Spring!!!! And I have to drive to work. Put your Parka's on and come and get meeeeee!!!!!! I'll ride on the purple cart....and i swear I'll be good!!!! Coconut----needs some sun!!!
Posted By: Pilgrim

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/02/02 06:58 PM

I thought I saw a purple golf cart
But it can't be true
It's freezing here in Texas
And I'm Belize blue.

I thought I saw a purple golf cart
There it goes again so near
Must be on its way to DFW
'Cause it sure didn't slow down here.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/02/02 07:37 PM

I love it!!! We too are having a storm, and we have a purple golf cart in Belize--..... rick and cheri, there has got to be a better life!!!!
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/02/02 09:32 PM

The formerly Purple Golf Cart is now known as the golf cart formerly known as the Purple Golf Cart, but now known as Da Purple Steed. Work on dat slouging ya way ta work, Coconut!!
Posted By: Debbie

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/02/02 10:14 PM

Rick & Cheri!!
I KNOW what you mean. I'm in Corpus Christi and it's cold here too!! I thought this place was supposed to be tropical? My kitchen looks like a jungle. I had to bring in all my plants. We even had frost!!! I made a huge pot of soup and we even have a fire in the fireplace. And sadly, this cold snap even killed out new palm tree in the back yard. [Linked Image] I was trying so hard to make it look like Belize. [Linked Image] Hope the bauginvilla (sp?) and the hibiscus make it. Just planted them too!!!
Debbie
Posted By: Chloe

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/03/02 01:06 AM

Debbie Debbie, you have to learn how to protect your plants in South Texas. If you can't bring them in the house, you have bedding on hand to wrap them up, for the cold snaps. Save all old blankets and comforters, just for those days. Plastic works good, but you have to get it off, when the sun comes out, or you have steamed the plants to death.

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/03/02 02:34 AM

Just got off from work, left at 6am this morning, and it took me over an 1 1/2 to get there, which only takes about 20 min.. Saw about 30 cars off in the ditches, and a 20 car pile up, and 4 other wrecks, What a drive into work..... It will be in single digits tonight here in Ft. Worth...Got a fire going and thinkin of the sun on the island.. Will be there soon.. Bernd and Bill Hope you all are having fun......See you all soon.. Rick

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/03/02 04:11 AM

Debbie, i lost a couple of plants...but all my tropicals have been inside for 2-3 months now-and doing good!! I have the aloe vera plant from hell in my kitchen!!! It has gotten so big, we poke ourselves in the eye if we turn around to close to it!! LOL, no other place to put it!!! Pilgrim-i loved it!! Vicki-WE KNOW WE KNOW and been trying REALLY REALLY hard....house will be done soon...next trip middle of April!!! Bill-what happened to your cart? Did you let Bernd drive, cause that probably did it in!! LOL.....ahhh...just had a "coconut shot" feel better now..and a little warmer!!! Sun came out this afternoon....still like wind chill of 7 degrees!!! Bernd-am having my LAST bratwurst....they were SO good!! Thank you!!! C
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/03/02 06:27 AM

It has been 70 degrees here in northern California for the past week. All the flowers are blooming. Getting Spring fever! They still expect lots more rain. Can't wait till 5/2 when I will be back in AC for 10 days!

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/03/02 08:33 PM

Chloe, thanks for the tip. Since we're dipping down into below freezing for the thrid night in a row tonight, I've got the plastic all done. Hope I'm not to late for the flowering plants..... The palm tree is a gonner.......
Cheri, my family lives near you in Plano, and they were amazed at the road conditions. People were sliding back downward trying to get up one of the winding ramps over the freeway.... Bbbrrrrrr....... Steaming pot of stew last night, and chili tonight.... I too have an aloe vera from hell. I got it as a baby in New Mexico 8 years ago. I've taken baby shoots off of it, and given to my frineds, and the thing keeps growing!! It's a monster. Keep warm. [Linked Image]
Debbie

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/03/02 09:07 PM

This all sounds just so nipplie.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/04/02 03:59 PM

whats a nipplie?????? does it only happen to riff raff??? maybe my texas brain, like my hibiscus, is frozen!!!
gay
Posted By: BankerWoman

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/04/02 04:36 PM

I'm really weeping big FROZEN tears for you Texans... Up here in Iowa it's 8 degrees below zero this morning --- record cold. Two weeks ago I had crocuses blooming on the north side of my house. Now this. Poor things are out there under the new 10" snowfall we had Saturday freezing their little petals off!

Do I win the "Whining about the cold" contest ;> )? If so, please award me one free trip to AC! By the way, will be there 4/14/-4/24. If I win, that guarantees I can go back a second time this year. Keep your tongues off the flagpoles, kiddies!
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/04/02 04:37 PM

gay, duh, nipplie is what happens to we of the fairer sex when it is cold.

you texas folk must have our PA weather this year. it only snowed here once, really (hee hee the week i was in FL). yesterday it was 60. my tulips & daffodil greens are popping up, and my neighbor has crocuses already. the robins are back already. weird. WAY too early.

cold again this morning, tho.

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/04/02 05:05 PM

Got in the hot tub last night... Was okay... But when I got out, I went way past nipplie!! What's the word for that Mr Bill????
Debbie
Posted By: Bernd

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/05/02 02:04 AM

Debbie, it calls frozen nipplies!!!
Someone has to warm them up. LOL
Yes, I am back on track!
Pirate and COCONUT< I feel with you, had all this sh..... in Germany. But her is not a lot better, cold, stormy rain all day, it is not my San Pedro. But still hoping.(The hole world runs out of hand.)
Thank again R&C for showing up at the airport. I realy needs to see you aigain after almost 4 month. Today I moved from a single bedroom in a app. Tired for the next few days.
Bill!! ???? i don`t know where he is. Pick me up and gone.But there are tow women around hid condo. How knows??
R&C 4 days ago I visit Palapa and you property.
So fahr I can see, the concrete work are done,nothing more is happend.
That`s it for now,
take care all of you out there in the cold (about nipplies)
Bernd

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/05/02 02:48 AM

BERND.....I have a very dear friend coming to see you....he has SPECIAL instructions upon his introduction to you!!! PLEASE obey what he says!!!! No one wants any trouble!!! Why have you NOT answered my emails??? And as far as the weather>>>>you get what you get coming!! Bankerwoman>>>>>Rick and I will be there April 15-24th!!! Maybe we can meet up????? BERND- out of Bratwurst---it was better than a coconut>.....

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/05/02 02:51 AM

LOL @ Bernd!!! I'll be sure to tell my husband that it's now his responsibility to warm the nipplies!!!
It went down to 28 degrees here last night. (Corpus Christi, Texas)It hasn't been that cold since 1965 when it dipped down to 29. Brrrrrr........ I need some warm San Pedro sun to warm my aching bones.... Bernd, I'm SOOOO JEALOUS!!!! Have fun.
Debbie

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/05/02 05:11 AM

Debbie..you're so jealous??!! Crap.we had to see him at DFW to BZ...on his layover!! I was begging and crying...."Please let me gooooo" "Pleaase"...."I'll be good" ....Bernd-we have a friend looking for you....his name is Charlie!!

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/05/02 04:13 PM

Cheri: Sounds like a plan. We'll be at Caribbean Villas. Only thing we know we'll be doing for certain is BC's on Sunday 4/21 at 11:00. (April Board meeting???) Plan to do some fishing, trip to Caulker, etc. but no solid dates yet. Just look for the early 50's Old Fogies with the extra poundage biking the island. That will be us!

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/05/02 04:57 PM

The Palapa after BC's...on Sunday!!!! Starting my countdown!!!! C

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/05/02 05:14 PM

Sounds great --- you lead to Palapa since you know your way around. Maybe we'll find you prior to that since 4/21 will be just a couple of days before departure. We're planning to try and catch up with a Barefoot Skinny performance or two while there. Would be very cool if he would invite boarders to announce their screen names and we could see who is there at any given time! We're getting psyched!

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/05/02 07:02 PM

I'm sure he will....he is a good friend!!! He plays at Fido's on Weds. and Fri. nights....we will be there!! Should be checking into the Holiday Hotel or Rubies on the 15th!!! We are VERY excited...it will be trip #10!!! C

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/05/02 10:45 PM

Rick&Cheri, I will met Charlie and listen. Please mail to HIDEAWAY my Yahoo Mail don`t work.
Love
Bernd

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/08/02 04:05 AM

Hi friends: For the legends of people wantin to know "Where's Bill", well I'm alive and well macheting my way through the jungles of Copan, Honduras. Having a great time, but getting home sick, not for St Louis, but for San Pedro. Can't wait to see my plants and begin again on my golf "course". Take care: Bill
Posted By: ZULU

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/08/02 04:36 AM

Hey guys
Thought I would let you all know that down here in South Africa the sun is shining and I spent the weekend lazing in the pool. Gee sorry maybe we shouldn't gloat down in the Southern hemisphere.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/09/02 05:03 PM

Well, thank goodness it has warmed up to the 70's here in South Georgia!! Didn't know if I was going to survive.... especially with the husband being in AC, telling me how warm it was...
Someone mentioned having the April board meeting at BC's on the 21... count me in! I am surprising Butch on the 7th-- will be there until the 22nd. Rick and Cheri, and whoever else... just call Caribe Island and find me!!! Last trip, I met NO boarders, and it sure wasn't as great as last June (Debbie, Munich Chick, and many others)... Maybe we should all plan to meet a few days earlier....(since that will be my last day). So who all is there in April???

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/10/02 05:34 PM

Yes Vicki...we will be there the 16th-25th.....Meet at BC'S on the 21st???? Or we will be at Fido's when Barefoot is playing! Staying at the Holiday Hotel....you can always find us there!!!! C

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/11/02 12:04 AM

I'll tell my social secretary to circle the 16th. Paisano!!!
Posted By: Tami

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/14/02 10:52 PM

I have been reading a lot of the posts here and you all sound like such a blast! My hubby and I are taking our first trip to Belize. I have a feeling there will be many more trips back. We are staying at the Victoria House April 13-20th and would love to meet up with you party people! I think I read that Barefoot Skinny plays on Wednesday and Friday nights...would love to catch that.

Cheers,
Tami
Newport Beach, CA

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/15/02 04:27 AM

We'll meet ya there!!! And the Palapa and BC's on Sunday....staying at Holiday Hotel the 16th-25th!! C

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/16/02 05:06 PM

And the countdown begins!!!!!! 30 DAYS!!! C....Bill-is the Purple Cart going to be running by then???? How's Bernd doing????? Coconut

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/18/02 03:24 AM

We just need some "live ones"!! See ya all soon. Take care: Bill

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/18/02 03:10 PM

No problem-LIVE ONES HEADING YOUR WAY......Rest up!!! Coconut

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/18/02 06:14 PM

watch out, mr. bill...i'm coming down (the the brats) in may!! and purple is my daughter's favorite color. keep the cart seat warm for her...

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/20/02 01:39 AM

Hi SweetJane: I'll try to keep life breathing in the Purple Steed. My Classical Guitar is also waiting. Take care: Bill

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/25/02 09:54 PM

Hi Rick and Cheri, O jes, doing very well, 2 times a week fishing, 7 times a week drinking,with help from ANNA, (my own Dr.)
quitt smoking, so fahr for 14 days,with patch at my arms. LOL Someone tells me I need more patch for my mouth and somewhere I don`t remember.(I better don`t)
I count with you, 21 more days.
Your "WOODWORK" is in progress, looks good.
P is down to 450!!!!!
Will go in April with Caecy to Cuba (after you both left)
Take care.
Love
Bernd

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/25/02 10:46 PM

hey, b, i quit smoking cigarettes january 1st. NO PATCH!!

hang in there, it can be done (that doesn't mean i do not think about it still every day!). you are going thru the hardest part, but it gets easier.

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/26/02 03:01 PM

Good to here from you Bernd!!!! Good luck with your smoking....i quit doing coconut shots....but maybe a COUPLE with you...after dinner!!! Thanks for you "coded" messages!!! We didn;t know about "P"....can't wait to see you and everyone!!!! It is still cold here!!!!! Me and my mom decided that this has been the LONGEST winter ever!!! SIX MONTHS as far as we are concerned!!!! Way too long and we need some vitamin D from the sun!!! See you soon, my friend....Coconut!
Posted By: divnflylots

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/29/02 07:21 AM

How is everyone, so I hear san pedro is cold and rainy alot, well is this not normal? I am coming back to ambergris soon, for a long time, >BERND. How long are you staying in cuba for?

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/29/02 03:08 PM

Adam....when will you be going??? It would be good to see ya!! C&R

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/30/02 11:31 PM

Hi Adam, you still alive? The wether is great in SP, a lot of sunshine and hot. I stay in Cuba only for a week or so.
You comming soon. What that means? This month next month?
Looking forward
Bernd

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/31/02 04:34 PM

It's COLD and rainy here again!!!! I swear it's been winter in Texas for 6 months!!! 17 days and counting down!!! Happy Easter to ALL !!! God Bless and Angel Blessings!!! C
Posted By: Johnboy

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 03/31/02 11:25 PM

Today is a perfect example of TEXAS weather!!! It can change in a heartbeat----Now it's nearly 70 degrees.& bright sunshine.,,,Summer is on the way.....

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/02/02 02:42 AM

Yes it is Sir,
But heading down in 15 days to heaven!!!!
Rick

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/02/02 03:27 PM

Yes, heading to paradise, but in the meantime-rain and another cold front to be here by tonight!!! This is ridiculous...April in Texas....please someone send the WARMTH!!!!! Like no less than 85 degrees, and i swear i won't bitch in August when it's 110!!!!! C.....be patient Bill....LOTS OF LIVES ONES COMING!!! C

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/02/02 04:23 PM

Try THIS for weather...Yesterday morning rain, then four inches of snow (totally unpredicted),temps rose to 65 degrees forty miles south of us in the afternoon, then rain again. This morning, thunderstorms, pea-sized hail, sleet, fog, freezing rain, now snow with accumulation predicted. You absolutely have to love life in the upper Midwest. Did we pick the right time to make a run for it to AC or what? Will see you guys in the warm sun in less than two weeks!

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/02/02 10:00 PM

Promises, promises...

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/03/02 08:16 PM

Every day around 90 degree.
COCONUT(S) you will love it. Bill I miss the "normal" conversation, you getting nuts too?
Bernd

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/03/02 08:17 PM

Every day around 90 degree.
COCONUT(S) you will love it. Bill I miss the "normal" conversation, you getting nuts too?
Bernd

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/04/02 03:35 PM

Bernd LMAO.....what you mean am i getting "nuts" too???? I'm GOING nuts being here and not there!!!! 13 days and getting very excited!!!! Should arrive at airport around 1:30-2:00pm!!! Yes, it's cold here this morning!! Anything below 60 degrees is COLD for this Texas girl!!! I NEED WARMTH!!!!! Coconut P.S. I don't know normal conversation??? lol

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 04-04-2002).]
Posted By: divnflylots

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/05/02 08:28 PM

HI everyone, when are you leaving bernd? Like I said before, I will be back in june or july, I am now thinking july 3 or 4. I am looking or those cheap tickets I hear all about.......where they at, the lowest I can find is 800- thats from chicago miami miami belize and back ofcourse, should I say I am only staying for a few weeks and then extend my tickets or how do you guys do it, I must know, I am on a budget this time for I plan to stay for a longer time! Is bernd at the hideaway still? hey R and C you guys gonna be there any time after june? That place is worth every rainy day I have ever spent, thats a good reason for everyone to stay at the bar and drink, and get to know eachother better! I hope to see you all soon, I am returning for many reasons this time, one of which is to finish up my dive training, I made it through NAUI advanced and PADI medic! take care everyone

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/06/02 11:32 AM

Hey Adam--
No we won't be there at that time... but soon for good.. You should see the house, just got some great pics from Jim... The roof is going up!!!! I think Bernd is going to Cuba after we leave sometime in May...
It will be sad that we won't be there when you are... but you never know, and investor will come thru, then bam we are there.... email us when you get time.. Thanks, Rick

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/06/02 03:42 PM

Adam-Bernd is only going to Cuba for a little vacation with Bill....he is going back to AC after that....he told us previously that he won't be leaving AC for any EXTENDED periods until NEXT May...back to Europe for couple of months, then back to AC.....Coconut

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/07/02 05:00 PM

Bernd-sorry i missed your phone call last night...was really tired!!!! But always good to heae from you.....9 more days!!!! C
Posted By: JmHanna

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/08/02 04:17 AM

Rick,
Please don't post the picture of me standing on my head naked on your roof. It may be too much for the board to handle.
OK
Thanks
Jim

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/08/02 11:18 PM

Thank`s so much Rick and Cheri, the backpack is great. I can carry 6 bottles of COCONUT, 8 bottles of beer, 5 COKE and a lot of money.
LOL
Enjoy your last days in Texas, I`m waiting for you.
The time here rans so fast, belize or not, I`m alredy 6 weeks again here. (I still love it)
21 of April, lets have fun like always!!!!!

Love
Bernd

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/09/02 12:35 AM

Board Party at the Palapa...Sunday the 21st!!!!!!! Watch out Jim.....oh, we put the pic of you on a billboard right here on the highway going to the airport......you're in a beer commercial!!! LOL-kidding BERND---we don't get to see you until the 21st???? What's up with that???? We're waiting on you too!!!! Coconut/Pirate.....LIVE ONES ARE COMING!!!!!!

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/12/02 12:20 AM

Rick and Cheri, I will pick you up at the airport, please one more time, you arrive
April 16.? What time? Central Airport SP?
LOL
Bernd

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/13/02 03:55 AM

Hey Bernd,
Just got an E from Jerry and he says you are on the reef with his boat and 2 gals... Whats up!!! LOL You go Boy!!!!!

We'll be arriving at 1:55pm on Tropic.....
See ya at the airport and Thanks,,,, Rick

Re: BERND/BILL...anybody....... - 04/15/02 11:41 PM

BERND.....I am jealous!!!! See you tomorrow and we'll have a talk about this lewd behavior!! (kidding)....LIVE ONES ARE COMING!!!!!! C&R
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board