AmbergrisCaye.com Home

hurricanes

Posted By: Bodie

hurricanes - 09/17/02 08:19 PM

We're planning a visit in November. Just one, perhaps silly, question to you all. if we are there and a tropical storm worsens to hurricane status: What do you do? Besides pay :-)
Posted By: d-jon

Re: hurricanes - 09/17/02 08:27 PM

where will you be staying??

Usually if a hurricane is going to hit people would go up to the Cayo area as it is inland.

I know of resorts on AC that take thier guests to Cayo to shelter from hurricane.
Posted By: d-jon

Re: hurricanes - 09/17/02 08:27 PM

where will you be staying??

Usually if a hurricane is going to hit people would go up to the Cayo area as it is inland.

I know of resorts on AC that take thier guests to Cayo to shelter from hurricane.
Posted By: Bodie

Re: hurricanes - 09/17/02 08:39 PM

We'll be staying at Capt. Morgan's. Here in Florida we're watching the development of whatever # it is now. :-) Since you're talking, is it safe to ride bikes around the island..you know some exploring after diving? Thanks!
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: hurricanes - 09/18/02 12:20 AM

Hurricanes in November are rare. I am sure someone will call me on this (someone will call you on anything). In my 3 yrs of visiting and residence, I don't recall any storms in Nov. It is certainly safe to ride bikes on the island providing you stay out of the way of the taxi's and use common sence as you should anywhere. Enjoy your stay.
Posted By: Marty

Re: hurricanes - 09/19/02 04:10 AM

maybe a super late one might be the first week of nov, but the rest of nov. is historically no hurricanes...
Posted By: gogo

Re: hurricanes - 09/19/02 05:05 AM

i don't think it helps keep hurricanes away if you "pay."

they'll just hit you up for more money later.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board