AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Axeman Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/05/02 10:49 PM
You start holding an empty Belikin bottle up to your ear to remember what surf sounds like...

You pull all your dive gear out, try it on, and THEN get in the tub...

You stop saying "no problem"...

You go to Home Depot and get white play sand and cover your living room with it...

You go to the golf course, not to play...just to drink beer and flip over the golf cart and/or drive it into your living room which is filled with sand...

You try to plug your car in to recharge it...

Everyone you know tells you your being an A-hole...and there're right.

You no longer look forward to sunsets...

I'm sure I left something out but I'm hopeing you all add your ideas...
Posted By: SanHam Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 12:28 AM
You buy a hammock and tropical plants on the porch...ok, no dive gear to try on but how about trying on snorkel gear and getting in the tub..when people ask "how are you", you reply "irie"...you look at your vacation pictures from a year ago religously...you include belize on your farewatcher from Orbitz...and lastly, you check this board more times than you care to admit. smile
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 02:55 AM
yesterday, my friend debbie sent me pics of when we met (our only time!) in AC in june. i was pining...
Posted By: crawfish Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Axeman:

Did you log that dive? :rolleyes: What was your TBT and max depth? Would you recommend the dive? Did you make a safty stop or was it a DECO dive? Did you have a dive buddy or did you go it solo? I'm sorry for all the questions, I never thought of doing it in the tub... :rolleyes:
Posted By: beachluvr Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 03:26 AM
cool ...when you've dedicated part of your backyard to a patch of white sand, just so you can stick your toes in it & reminisce (a few palms & ferns thrown in for good measure)

when you search the aisles at the gro store for coconut milk, trying to make stew beans & rice

when all your screensavers & wallpaper are tropical settings

when you get to the bottom of that last bottle of rum you brought back...geez, gotta go!!
Posted By: deb1022 Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 04:18 AM
When you have tickets in hand and you only have 6 days to wait! smile smile

6 DAYS smile

6 DAYS smile
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 04:26 AM
GO, DEB!!!!
Posted By: Axeman Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 05:20 AM
Have fun Deb...send us some pics...
Well...no deco...my buddy was a rubber duck...and
I need a new battery in my dive comp, and yes I ALWAYS make a safety stop at 15'...good to see you have a sense of humor CF..
:-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 06:16 AM
snore
Posted By: Mexicana Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 07:34 AM
Okay Mr MQQSE, You snooze....The folks on this page have got it right...Admit it, you keep coming back to read about all of us crazies that plant Palm Trees in the NORTHERN US and have a dumptruck or two of white sand dumped in our yards so we can run through it and play Island tunes while we sip our Belikin... You know you are jealous! cool :rolleyes: wink
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 03:37 PM
I agree with Deb: tickets in hand is always good. Also, when you have a birthday and want to be someplace tropical and fun to celebrate it.

19 days and counting!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 03:38 PM
WHAT....... " JELLO'S... "
OF THE FAC YU SPEND 2 WKS INNA S.P. AND MISEF AH DO 3 to 5 MONTHS TWICE A YR...HMMMMmmmm

MI NUH TINK DAT IT
MUSSI BE SOMTIN ELSE

AND AH NUH GLOTE
Posted By: Spyder Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 04:29 PM
When I get on the 11:55am flight out of George Bush Int. tomorrow morning for 1 month in San Pedro!!!!!
Posted By: Debbie Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 04:42 PM
I already planted the palm tree. (For real) I keep a permanent supply of coconut rum in the bar, and I have pictures of our vacation all over the refridgerator, with our Rasta Man magnets to hold them up. Last week we rented the video of Cast Away and I paraded around the house in my sarong..... Are we all sick????? confused
Debbie
Posted By: KBG Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 04:51 PM
WHEN YOUR CAR CD PLAYER ALL 11 SLOTS ARE LOADED WITH JIMMY BUFFETT AND SKINNY CD'S AND YOU RIDE AROUND WITH THE TOP DOWN AND BEACH SHIRTS ON WITH THE HEATER GOING FULL BLAST.
THAT IS REALLY WHEN YOU NEED A BELIZE FIX. laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 06:51 PM
WHEN YUR USED TOILET PAIPA STAAT PILE OUP INNA CORNAH,,,,,LOL
LOL
Posted By: Teenah Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 08:41 PM
I experience One Barrel Rum withdrawl and find myself with the overwhelming urge to dance the punta with my kids while listening to Punta Rebels, Griga Boys, Aziatic, Andy Palacio and Titiman Flores! Can you tell I'm ready to go back???
...you find yourself in the closet sniffing your wet suit. Aaahhh... That good ol' neoprene smell.
Posted By: Axeman Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/06/02 11:03 PM
All good...keep them coming folks..I feel better already...sarong or Thong?...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/07/02 03:16 AM
axeman yu best wear the wetsuit....
thong/sarong.....yak
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/07/02 03:34 AM
Thong, but not on the beach!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/07/02 03:59 AM
KBG,
That is SOOOO me!!! Bought my tickets yesterday, will be celebrating the New Year in Paradise!!!
Vicki
PS: Yes Zeke, that does mean that I am admitting now that my Noles will not be playing for the NC in Tempe frown .....
Posted By: Axeman Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/07/02 02:22 PM
Yo MQQSE, I was refering to Debbie, not myself. Thanks for the suggestion tho...I prefer to go buff anyway..
:-)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/07/02 04:14 PM
YAK
Posted By: Debbie Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/07/02 05:29 PM
Axeman, Definately sarong..... I don't know if the world is ready to see me in a thong...... Had my coffee in a San Pedro coffee mug this morning....... Also have the crown and septre from my birthday party at Caribe Island Resort hanging on my vanity..... Day dream about snorkeling the reef..... *sigh*
Debbie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/07/02 10:16 PM
DEBBIE WHERE YU GATS A WEB SITE ?/
Posted By: Debbie Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 01:08 AM
??????? Come again???? Web site? Me?

P.S. I said "come" again, not cum again! :p
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 02:02 AM
DEBBIE ARE YO SINGLE
Posted By: Mexicana Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 06:51 AM
Ya know ya really need to go to AC when...?

I liked the idea of cooking some rice with Coconut milk.. I forgot about that one. When I lived in Belize I made my own tanning oil from coconuts... good stuff. I was darker than some of the natives. thanks for the tip Beachlover? cool
Posted By: Chloe Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 07:13 AM
You know you need to go to AC, when you get an email from grand daugther, stating, I need some bread pudding from Popular Bakery or Ruby's gramma.

I need the recipe, for Thanksgiving, anyone have a clue how to make the bread pudding taste so good?
Posted By: Debbie Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 04:51 PM
Why Moose..... Are you flirting with me???? shocked
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 04:58 PM
NOT NOW ...AH JUS HERD YU IS A FRUMPY OLD DOLL .MARRIED OUP AN ALL...
Posted By: Debbie Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 05:11 PM
Sorry....... Can't help being married....
But FRUMPY???? FRUMPY!!!!!!!!!!! May you lose one of your antlers and choke on your cud....
Anyway..... Looks like Jane found you a nice girlfriend. You should be HAPPY! She'll be waiting for you when you arrive for Thanksgiving.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 05:25 PM
i dont tek dates from trols
Posted By: KathyA Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 05:36 PM
You know you need to go to AC when you feel all of the above and you never even been. Can't wait until May 31st! Are thongs outlawed? Considering we have a group of 9 girls, several with GREAT figures, somebody is bound to bring a thong. Not me, of couse.
Posted By: KathyA Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 05:39 PM
You know you need to go to AC when you feel all of the above and you never even been. Can't wait until May 31st! Are thongs outlawed? Considering we have a group of 9 girls, several with GREAT figures, somebody is bound to bring a thong. Not me, of couse.
Posted By: Debbie Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 05:53 PM
OOOOoooooo dem is fighten words!!!! Wait till Jane finds out you think she's a troll!! You is bad to the bone, Mr. Moose Man. I'll bet she unties your girlfriend and lets her go.... And Jane may be small, but when she whoops up on your sorry &%$#, you'll damn well know it!! Then you'll be short two antlers. laugh
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 06:07 PM
I asked myself why did I bother coming back when you get home and hear your boss screeching on your answering machine!!!! And then you want to call her up and say "Yah mon....NO PROBLEM"!!!!! C
Posted By: Axeman Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 11:42 PM
Due to the fact Ac was a british colony thongs are frowned upon. You can take a day trip to an other island and run naked if ya feel like it there. They won't arrest you, just ask you to add a surong (SP) over it. When did you say you were going...hehe
Cheri'....ya hateing life ALREADY!!!! When is the permanant move???????????????????????????????????
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/08/02 11:53 PM
Thongs are not frowned upon on AC, nor topless. Where did you hear that?
you know i tell that to david every trip but he always insists on packing his thong!!! wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/09/02 12:08 AM
YAK
Posted By: Chloe Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/09/02 01:35 AM
Personally I do not think in town and close to town hotel/resort, is the place for topless and thongs.
Very disrespectable to the families and kids that live in San Pedro,in my opinion. Plenty of isolated beach areas to romp nude, all day, without insulting our Host locals.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/09/02 04:25 AM
CLOE
I'M THINKIN YU SHUD GIVE THET STUF'D SHIRT BAK TO YUR HUBBY
Posted By: Chloe Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/09/02 06:21 AM
LOL.....MQQse will take your advice under consideration. Stuffed shirt is rather hot.
Posted By: Axeman Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/09/02 06:32 AM
Several posts led me to believe that...also someone mentioned it while I was there.

This is not to imply it's not done, just that it's less well received than,say.....South Beach Fla.
Heck I went Skinny dipping while there, after a late night of partying...was a blast.
Posted By: Mexicana Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/09/02 06:40 AM
We took our boat into a quiet cove for a skinny dip and thought we were alone, but then some boat full of guys came round and followed us till we finally hightailed it outta there! Didn't think they all took it too well. Got lots of stares at the dance later....somebody started gossiping about it, and the gal at the store asked if we did much swimming? She didn't seem amused. confused
Posted By: KathyA Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/09/02 10:51 AM
all these things are good to know...as you say, AC is not South Beach
Posted By: Chloe Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/09/02 04:59 PM
Last Christmas we had a topless sunbathing gal from Europe, at the Sunbreeze Pool, the word spread quickly, and everyone detoured thru the pool decking to see her. When out of her ear shot, they laughed.
Being the stuffy Grandmother I am......hahaha, I woke up my teenage grandsons so they could enjoy the view for free too.
Posted By: MamaLiz Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/09/02 09:52 PM
Way to go Chloe! You sound like the kind of grandma I hope to be someday (not too soon though).
I know I have to go back to AC because I'm all out of Marie Sharp's
cool
Posted By: Axeman Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/10/02 04:04 AM
As far as I'm concerned...South Beach CAN"T hold a candle to AC....unless you like sloppy drunks and non-stop noise 24/7. The entire reason I go to Ac is it's lack of urban sprawl and all the nuckleheads that go with it.

Make sure you hit the Jaguar Club on Thursday night..It's a blast if your looking for great danceing, a taste of local flair (the Punta Dance is a must to learn).
I came home a changed person after AC...most people do.
Posted By: Mexicana Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/10/02 04:35 AM
Anyone out there have a video of the Punta Dance?
Are there any movies out with similar moves? I have been to dances in Belize but it's been a while. Is this like in the last couple of years? :rolleyes:
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/10/02 08:31 AM
NO, but I can remember a time that Axeman and I, Punta dance with Estel!!!!!! Do you remember Axeman... He almost crapped his pants....LOL
Rick
Posted By: Axeman Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/10/02 03:41 PM
In my entire life I've never been so Red...the friction from having Ruby pressed against my back and Estell my front, all of us Punta'n was more than one man has a right to. Did you burn those pictures Rick? I've never had so much fun in my entire life.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/10/02 04:10 PM
Axeman....you definitely need to plan a trip. I don't think we ever had pics of that..darn it!! Ya know i believe we're going back end of January....maybe not wait til April!!! Save fast!!! C
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/10/02 04:21 PM
YU ALL ...SOUND SO ..OLD.. !!
Posted By: Axeman Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/10/02 08:22 PM
Rick tickets are only 289 US from DCA....only till March tho....I'm ready...real ready.
Posted By: NYgal Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/10/02 08:32 PM
What are you waiting for???? That price is too good to pass up !
eek
Posted By: Mexicana Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/10/02 09:17 PM
Hola,
Where did you find the tickets for $289. ?? I might try for March?

Moose,,, How old are you? What's this older than dirt stuff anyway? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: confused
Posted By: MamaLiz Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/11/02 12:18 AM
Ya know ya need to go back to AC when...
You keep singing that song eek
It's so bad I've even got the kids trained to chime in!
Posted By: denverdan Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/11/02 04:03 AM
AXE... OMG... AXE welcome back mon!
Where you been hiding Mark?
So good to see ya!!! smile

Ya know it's time to go back to AC when your vacas elsewhere &*^%. (apologizing now for using &*^%)

P.S. to .mQQse.
I am old dude... wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/11/02 08:56 AM
DENVERDAN----I CUD SMELL DAT
Posted By: Axeman Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/11/02 08:40 PM
Geez Hope..I've been posting for weeks..hehe Thanks for the shout out...

The Tickets were on US Air..There's a post here somewhere about the rates.
http://www.usairways.com/promotions/specials/carib_bze.htm
There ya go...thats the web addy....
Posted By: M-A Gaffney Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/11/02 10:12 PM
Video clip of PUNTA ROCK dancing at
www.belizeanartist.com
(click "3rd Annual Punta Rock Jam Fest")
Posted By: Debbie Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/13/02 07:03 PM
Chloe, while in Mexico a couple ladies from Portugal were sun bathing topless at the pool. My teenaged son's eyes popped out.... Knew it was hopeless to ask them to move, so I handed them sunglasses so they could oggle without being so obvious.... LOL eek
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/13/02 07:54 PM
I USSUALLY GO SIT BESIDE DEM TYPES....HMMm diff strokes ah guess
Ya know ya need to go to AC when...

The only sunshine you see is liquid, and you get a kick out of ordering panty rippers from bartenders who can't make them even after you explain... laugh cool laugh
Posted By: toad Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/19/02 05:44 AM
when you roll over and your bladder starts screaming like a kidney stone in january
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/19/02 09:41 AM
!!!!!!!!!WHAT?? !!!!!!!

toad....what kind drugs yu on ....[WHERE CAN I GET SOM]
eek !!!!!!!!!!DOUBLE WHAT!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Mexicana Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/20/02 03:58 AM
M-A Gaffney,

Thanks for the site! That dancing looks the same as when I was last in Belize, but I wasn't aware of the name. Looks like a blast!
Posted By: M-A Gaffney Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/20/02 03:51 PM
Buiti binafi!

I learned a more traditional punta from Julia Martinez at Black & White. Some younger gyals tend to get a bit more, uh, into it. But it definately is FUN. (not for the rhythmically impaired.)

Mary-Anne
Posted By: meshell Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/21/02 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Axeman:
You start holding an empty Belikin bottle up to your ear to remember what surf sounds like...

You stop saying "no problem"...

You go to Home Depot and get white play sand and cover your living room with it...

You go to the golf course, not to play...just to drink beer and flip over the golf cart and/or drive it into your living room which is filled with sand...

You try to plug your car in to recharge it...

Everyone you know tells you your being an A-hole...and there're right.

You no longer look forward to sunsets...

I'm sure I left something out but I'm hopeing you all add your ideas...
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/22/02 12:34 AM
When your very eyeballs hurt in their sockets from seeing too much concrete, people and cars vs. the sparkling, magical water. When your ears want to close up and stop hearing because you can't hear the surf. When your feet reject shoes. When you dream about Papi and his grilled lobster. When your very mouth starts watering at the thought of the Conch Fritters at Rasta Pasta on CC. When you wear your bathing suit under your work clothes. When your nose wants to run away from the smells of smog, pollution and fumes of the city life. Geez---why did i leave???? C
Posted By: Axeman Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/22/02 01:49 AM
Cause ya had to...not because you wanted to... mad
Posted By: mish Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 11/26/02 06:01 AM
When it's 20 degrees outside and snowing, your favorite beach song comes on the radio, and you start feeling warm like you are laying on that sandy beach and you can smell the BBQ fish and coconut oil and no one else can.

Or how about when memories of your good times with friends brings tears to your eyes.

OR...when you start forgetting their names because it's been too long. then you KNOW it's time to get back.

Spyder. I hope you are enjoying it. Tell the crew at VH hello, and have a belikin for me.

Mich
Posted By: Seaislegal Re: Ya know ya need to go to AC when.... - 12/03/02 12:22 AM
When within a week of getting back to work, you are sending in your vacation week to your boss for next year's trip down island!

When you put on Jerry Jeff Walker's CD to sing "Come along to Belize with me"

When you check the beer section at the grocery store each week to see if they are finally importing Beliken yet.

When you're screensaver is the view from your beachfront balcony and you can sit at your desk and just stare at that half the day!

When you check the airfares religiously and constantly bug your friends who work at Delta for any hope that they might fly there!

When you start the countdown to your next trip... 11 months to go.. 10 months to go.. etc! (I'm at 5 months now.., if only I had more vacation time!!)

When you spend time constantly reading and posting on these boards for some news on the island and what is going on with folks!

Andrea in Atlanta
5 months and counting... !!!!!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board