AmbergrisCaye.com Home

APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!!

Posted By: Kra-Z-K

APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 01/26/03 12:59 AM

Hi! It'd be fun to figure out who is going to AC what weeks in April so that one day or one night out we could all meet up! I will be there April 8-14. Ke
Posted By: Les Spicy

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 01/26/03 01:06 AM

Hi Ke,
We will be down the week of March 29 - April 5th. Staying at The Palms and some friends are at the Sunbreeze.
Who else is coming then?

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 01/26/03 01:39 AM

I am so mad Les Spicy!! I am going the next week from April 8-14 and am also from Mpls, MN!! Too funny, I live now in Nevada. Where in MN are you? I grew up in Plymouth. Have you already booked your flight? Who all are you going with?

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 01/27/03 05:46 AM

who will be there mid april?
would love to go out one evening with a group!

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 01/27/03 05:59 AM

Hi ke,
We live in south Minneapolis. Our friends that are coming live in various suburbs and one is coming from Columbus, OH.
We are life long MNs. I went to college in Duluth and grew up in Brooklyn Center.

What drew you to NV?

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 01/27/03 06:39 PM

Les Spicy! Wow, I grew up in Plymouth... 21 yrs and then moved to Las Vegas, NV. I will be in AC April 8-14.
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 01/28/03 06:12 AM

April 22-May 2nd!!! C&R
Posted By: toad

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 01/28/03 06:33 AM

i heard the palms was gonna be closed in april
Posted By: Axeman

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 01/28/03 02:28 PM

Rapier and Ax will be there 20April> May 5th.
Posted By: govikes

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 01/28/03 04:05 PM

I'm gonna track down Rapier and Ax while I'm down there!!!! Ax, when did you go out on the Offshore? The Formans are good friends of mine and I try to go out on the boat when I come down. Still owe Capt Clive a Bob Marley picture for the new boat! Where are you guys staying?

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 01/29/03 01:53 PM

Went out with them Late April 2 years ago...was a GREAT Trip. Looks like Rapier and I will do the overnight to the Blue Hole again this time. Clive and the boys are the coolest guys, they really made the trip for me. Hanging out in the Cabin with them while transiting was incredible. The water colors were beyond words.
Looks like we have decided on the Holiday. Will arrive on Sunday the 20th, leave May 5th.
Will we see you there?
Posted By: Sam Scuba

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/03/03 03:52 AM

My husband and I will be at The Palms 4/18-25, so I hope Toad is not right that they plan to be closed in April! We were there about this time last year for the first time and are very excited to be returning. We have been diving in many places and think Ambergris is the greatest. Anyone else going to be there that week?

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/03/03 03:33 PM

Axe, I'm going to see what the fares are this week and hopefully book something for the last week/1st week May. Still trying to sell my house in MN and pay apt. rent here in Ft.Worth, so $$ are nonexistent! Will be staying at Ruby's when I come down and will post exact dates so we can meet up for a Belikin hopefully. Or may just hop on the Offshore while I'm down--so you haven't been on the new Offshore 2? It's nice and alot bigger than the old one.

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/03/03 09:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by govikes:

HEY GOVIKES! FUNNY, I AM FROM MN AS WELL AND AM A REALTOR!!! How long has it been taking your Realtor to sell your home. Or are you selling it yourself? I now work in Nevada, left MN 3 yrs ago. I will be in AC Belize in APRIL!!!!
K E

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/03/03 09:24 PM

I have never been there and am considering Ruby's or Spindrifts, which is better?
KE

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/04/03 12:31 AM

ke, it has been on the market since 10/28. Very slow market up there right now, there are still people losing/looking for jobs. That's why I'm living in TX now - I was unemployed for 8 mos. But now I closer to Belize so it's okay. And I'm going to meet alot of other boarders at the Texas board party in June! I'm kinda prejudiced towards Rubie's--I always spend some or all of trips there. It's just my kind of place. I've never stayed at Spindrift so I can't help ya there. As long as check out the amenities each place has to offer, and find one with the stuff you want...well, I'VE NEVER HAD A BAD TIME IN BELIZE, cept maybe when I spilt a Belikin instead of drinking it. LOL

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/04/03 04:42 AM

Will most surely have a Belikin with ya. Looks like prices are going down..wooohoooo!!!!!!

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/05/03 09:41 PM

I just checked yesterday: the lowest I could find for DFW to BZE (I don't wanna sit in Houston for 3 hrs) was lv 4/26, return 5/5 (not long enuff) was American $516. I hate to wait til the end of Feb, but may have to just to avoid more $$ hitting credit card! Fares from TX never seem to go very low, which is not FARE since we're way closer than SEA, LA, etc.!
Posted By: texasbug

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/05/03 09:54 PM

Hey Texas people... I was butting in on your post and ya'll commented on the airfares. Has anyone ever gotten a ticket for less than $450 from Houston or Austin?? Why are they not going lower?? Reading everyone else's post from up north, they are getting them for 325 - 350 and we are 10 times closer. What is the deal. I was hoping they would get lower but I don't want to wait to long and they go up. We are going in May 8 - 15. Let me know if anyone has any good deals???
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/05/03 10:51 PM

Hey Texasbug, check TACA, they are promoting Roatan now for $149.00. They may have a hot fare to Belize
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/05/03 11:03 PM

tb: for ticket price info, you can try flycheapOL.com (i've used them before).

suggestion: there are many old threads with ticket $$ info, do a search (above, right) and see what sites folks here have recommended in the past.
Posted By: M-A Gaffney

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/05/03 11:51 PM

Just got MIA-BZE @ $300+tx for 4/17-5/8 from nannette@elegantadventures.com
Posted By: texasbug

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/06/03 12:18 AM

Thanks for your help. flycheapol.com was a little bit cheaper by $20 than Continental. Still $450 from all the places I checked flying out of Houston or Austin. Maybe I will swim!!!!!

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/06/03 02:43 AM

Hey you Texas people, at least you can get cheap flights to Czl and other places.
Up here in MN, you get what Northwest chooses to give you. Lots of deals on the net but they don't fly from here.

Best I can do is $650 for a Sat to Sat 3/29 to 4/5 to Belize City. Booked a month ago and just checked again yesterday. Same prices.

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/06/03 03:28 PM

texasbug, I've never been able to find fares much less than 490/500 from TX. Rick/cheri will probably confirm this as they fly outa here frequently too. That said, the flights from hous/dfw ALWAYS seem completely filled. I don't know if that's because there are ex-Belizeans here flying home or what. I don't pay much less flying from here than flying from MN--I don't get it either (other than the fact that when I flew from MN I was ALWAYS ESCAPING much yuckier weather than what they had here in TX!).
Posted By: evening

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/07/03 03:26 AM

Don't hate me but I got $499 from NY area on Continental for late April, but picked the dates with the best fares, about a month ago. Has anyone tried skyauction? They're reliable, but I've won 2 $300ish auctions from NY to BZE and they were never able to ticket them at that price.

My 1st trip to AC! Can't wait!!!
Posted By: KathyMLT

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/08/03 04:47 AM

Hey M-A Gaffney,
Thanks for the info. I happen to be flying from Miami to Belize around the same dates you are and emailed Nannette and was quoted a fare for about $110 less than what I could find for the exact same flight. Have you used ElegantAdventures before?
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/08/03 04:10 PM

We will be there 3/29 - 4/05, countdown has started. CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!! laugh
Posted By: Albatross

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/08/03 09:25 PM

Hi Everyone,
I have enjoyed reading and researching this great forum. We will arriving in AC for the first time April 5 - April 8. It looks like we are right in between everyones trips. Let me know if any April travelers will be around then. We are coming to AC as an extension after a week of live-aboard diving. It sounds like we picked the right place to do as much or as little as we want. Thanks again to everyone who contributes so much to this forum. I hope I will be able to contribute something after our trip.... even if it is just a report on the top 5 "panty rippers" around. wink

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/08/03 09:33 PM

Albatross:

I WILL BE IN AC APRIL 8-14, CAN'T YOU COME A FEW DAYS LATER!!! smile
Posted By: Albatross

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/10/03 06:43 AM

Sorry, but I don't think they will let us stay on the live-aboard for any longer. They are kind of picky about that. smile Oh well, maybe if I explain it with your message in hand they will take pity on me and let us stay a bit longer!
Posted By: M-A Gaffney

Re: APRIL TRAVELERS TO BELIZE!!! - 02/10/03 11:53 PM

KathyMLT - Yes, ma'am, Nannette has helped me before. I recommend her in a heartbeat.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board