AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: pkananen I'm new here.... - 02/17/03 07:42 PM
And I am thinking of taking my honeymoon in Belize....I don't know many concrete details about the place, but there are TONS of resources available online, as you well know. Would anyone be so kind as to direct me to the best resources online for Belize, particularly for honeymoons? Thank you, and looking forward to getting to know the place.

By the way, I am thinking that I would enjoy being in an uncrowded area of Belize, not too ritzy, perhaps a bit rustic. It doesn't have to be on the beach or anything. Any suggestions? I know I have a lot to learn.
Posted By: klcman Re: I'm new here.... - 02/17/03 08:12 PM
pk - you found one of the best places for info online - right here.

Use the search button above, right, and click away.

Check our the other sections of the site too, not just these messages.

After your head stops spinning with all the info and advice, I'll bet you will have narrowed down your choices to say, oh 35 or 40 laugh

(Sure hope you are not a Wolverine student wink )
Posted By: pkananen Re: I'm new here.... - 02/17/03 09:02 PM
Originally posted by klcman:
pk - you found one of the best places for info online - right here.

Use the search button above, right, and click away.

Check our the other sections of the site too, not just these messages.

After your head stops spinning with all the info and advice, I'll bet you will have narrowed down your choices to say, oh 35 or 40 laugh

(Sure hope you are not a Wolverine student wink )
no, i'm not a U of M student.

I figured the board is the best place to find info, whenever I am trying to learn about a place, I try and find a message board.

Thanks for the advice. I just have one quick question. My honeymoon won't be for about 14 months. How much time do most places need for booking a time in May? I figured 6 months or so, so I am going to spend the next 6 months planning it.
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: I'm new here.... - 02/17/03 09:06 PM
NOT a Wolverine? smile Then you can be my friend! wink
Posted By: klcman Re: I'm new here.... - 02/17/03 10:05 PM
lol db - she's ok , huh?

Thats plenty of time pk - don't sweat it
Posted By: pkananen Re: I'm new here.... - 02/17/03 11:12 PM
I am actually a guy--I'm planning our getaway, which she won't know the details of. I figured there was plenty of time, its just that I want to start planning it because I am excited.
Posted By: NYgal Re: I'm new here.... - 02/17/03 11:31 PM
laugh
Posted By: Sandy C Re: I'm new here.... - 02/17/03 11:32 PM
Recommend you query Lan Sluder, belizefirst.com. You can describe your desires and he can recommend possibilities all over the country. Happy planning & honeymoon!
Posted By: skullyboy Re: I'm new here.... - 02/17/03 11:51 PM
I can tell you getting married in Belize is to cool. Doing anything in Belize is cool. I remarried my x almost three years ago & it was about as cool as it gets. It`s all good in Belize. Good Luck.
Posted By: Marty Re: I'm new here.... - 02/18/03 01:19 AM
I recommend you ask Iraida at http://BelizeWeddings.com/

[email protected]
i'm sure she can help you!
Posted By: pkananen Re: I'm new here.... - 02/19/03 07:24 PM
so...what am i missing? keep in mind this is honeymoon-type activities, with a sense of adventure/privacy

scuba
swimming
snorkel
jungle hikes
mayan ruins
tubing
spelunking
wildlife watching
hanging out at the local restaurant/bar
island visiting
spas
parasailing
boating
Posted By: Rapier Re: I'm new here.... - 02/19/03 08:24 PM
You're missing the Obvious one PK .... Staying in the room wink wink eek
Posted By: BrigitteBachmann Re: I'm new here.... - 02/19/03 09:12 PM
Have you considered the Placencia area? I might be able to help with info. You can email me at
[email protected]
Posted By: klcman Re: I'm new here.... - 02/20/03 01:32 AM
Rapier, you bad boy!

Ya also forgot Belikin & Panty Ripper samplings wink
Posted By: Ms. Coconuts Re: I'm new here.... - 02/20/03 02:44 AM
And punta dancing (in the room or at the bar) wink
Posted By: Rob Roy Re: I'm new here.... - 02/21/03 12:35 AM
HELP ! How do you initiate a NEW post in this place ?
Posted By: Rob Roy Re: I'm new here.... - 02/21/03 12:47 AM
Why is there not a SEND A POST text box or something ?
Posted By: o jackie Re: I'm new here.... - 02/21/03 01:00 AM
There is a link on the top and bottom that reads, add topic.
Jackie
Posted By: klcman Re: I'm new here.... - 02/21/03 02:08 AM
it's the big letters just to the left of the reply button you found twice laugh
Posted By: o jackie Re: I'm new here.... - 02/21/03 02:12 AM
I was going to say that,klcman, but I thought I would be nice the first time around. wink Didnt want to scare him off. :rolleyes:
Jackie
Posted By: klcman Re: I'm new here.... - 02/21/03 02:13 AM
no problem Jackie - no hassle here either. I just couldnt pass that one up....must be that lil Irish Leprechaun in me wink
Posted By: Marie Re: I'm new here.... - 03/08/03 05:18 PM
Hi pkananen! Whew...I just wrote this letter, and I'm getting lazy. Do me a favor...go back to Emilyday, lodging for Belize. I put the last two responses in (the extra because I made a mistake on the phone number of my dive instructor). Look for Marie #4791. I can't recommend the Paradise Resort Hotel enough. Sounds just like what you are looking for. And, its economical. Spend your money in other places. Isla Bonita Designs makes lovely dresses for $50 US that a bride would look lovely in over romantic dinners. My email is [email protected]. Been there many times, and be glad to give you some suggestions if you are interested. If you don't dive, you can call the aforementioned dive instructor, he will find you snorkle people, who will give you a good rate. Tell the hotel and Sylvin I miss them. And, have a great time. Marie
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board