AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Nygal broke her foot

Posted By: Chloe

Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 04:14 AM

Well Nygal has done it now, 3 days off from work, goes back and in first hour manages to get her foot broken. Surgeon to fix it up tomorrow.
Well wishes are in order for Nygal.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 04:27 AM

Hope NYGal does well..... this may come as a shock...but, I like her
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 04:32 AM

I wondered why we hadn't heard from her today, so quiet, so unlike her! I missed her. Hope she recovers quickly..........the klutz. wink
NYGal, we LOVE your hair!!!!

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 04:36 AM

Axe will have to go get her in the "toe" truck.
GET WELL SOONEST, NYGAL! smile

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 04:37 AM

nope not a klutz, a man caused her foot to be broken.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 04:40 AM

She was probably putting it somewhere south of his shoulder blades and north of his ankles wink

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 04:41 AM

frown damn guy, somebody should shoot him....or break his legs.

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 04:43 AM

maybe we could hire Lorena Bobbitt to pay him a visit :rolleyes:

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 04:59 AM

eek OUCH!
that's the ticket! laugh
Posted By: Axeman

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 04:59 AM

Geez NY...Two Left feet?
Justing kidding...Hope it heals quickly...
See ya on here in a day or so..then a WHOLE bunch while recovering..
Thanks for letting us know Chole...
Posted By: B_b_f_b

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 05:10 AM

I guess that means she gets some more time off from work. Do I see a trip to AC in the works? Hmmn. Just joking, hope she gets well soon. P.S. Does this mean she will have a cast that we can sign? wink
Posted By: denverdan

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 05:12 AM

Oh my... frown
Poor NYgal! Best wishes for a speedy rehab! hehe
(Hope you got him real good! wink )
Posted By: skullyboy

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 06:23 AM

poor girl, hope you get well soon. Maybe you just need to kick your feet back and just relax a little.
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 06:31 AM

NYgal,
You never told us....
Hope you are doing well!!! Take the rest and let the snow melt!!
See ya soon,
Rick
Posted By: Rapier

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 08:31 AM

Hope to see you back soon NY Gal!

Think maybe a good point was made here .... AC sounds like an excellent place to nurse a broken bone or two back to health. Maybe the Belekins is actually an ancient Mayan Bone rejuvenator :p
Posted By: o jackie

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 01:33 PM

NYGal,
So sorry to hear this, believe me I know the feeling. I was off last June for 6 weeks with a pin in my toe(genetic), the left foot. Now I am off already for 2 weeks with torn ligaments and a possible stress fracture in my right foot and ankle(klutz,fell down the steps) :rolleyes: . Believe me, a foot injury is anything but fun. You cannot do a thing!!! Email me for tricks of the foot trade wink . I know alot of them. Take care and keep that foot up!!!
[email protected]
Jackie
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 02:44 PM

Hello Everyone ! ! Yes, you too immissing wink

Just wanted you to know that this truly was an accident, involving a large, heavy piece of equipment. It was a back over and go forward again.....darn that hurt. ( totally reactionary move ) It happened at my place of work, in an area I walk through many times a day.

I do not place blame on the man, I was not paying total attention, but then again, nor was he, WE are both suffering for one another.

It's off to the ortho-surgeon this AM. More to follow.

Thank you for caring.

Many good injections and pills later ! !

I CAN'T Drive, that's the worst part.
Darn Darn Darn.......... frown I hate to rely on others to get me to and from anywhere!!

Again, Thank You for caring. smile

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 04:19 PM

Nygal good to see you up and posting.
Stop giving sympathy to the driver of that forklift. He is responsible, for his driving.

You are just too good too be true, but when the drugs wear off you will be mad as hell at him.

eek
Posted By: evening

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/19/03 10:47 PM

NYgal-

I don't know you (but get a big kick laugh out of your posts) and am in NYC. Just let me know if you need anything and I'll bring it over! But, I don't drive in snow, so can't be much help if you're not in the city.

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/20/03 12:59 AM

Smiles to 'evening' .....LONG drive to my area from the city. Thanks for the offer.

Friday is surgery, foot pins, toes crushed and torn cartlidge in knee. Full leg cast for 6 weeks or more, then physical therapy.

Did anyone get the yuckies and shivers when I said that, I did when I heard it.

It sucks to be NYgal today, tomorrow and some of the following days.

I learned a crutch trick today, pick up newspaper with them. More to go for sure, right Jackie?
frown
wink It will all work out.

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/20/03 01:29 AM

damn, girl! That hurts just to read about, let alone think about. Hang in there! Lots of peeps here rooting for ya laugh

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/20/03 01:33 AM

dang it lady, that sounds too painful! Glad to see you back, you were missed. Sorry you have to go through it, but you have the right spirit! or else they gave ya darn good drugs? wink May Friday pass quickly, and speedy recovery! Nice distraction for you, this board. You can be here all you want, for awhile smile
Posted By: Axeman

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/20/03 03:20 AM

ONE WORD

VICAPROFEN

It's the only pain killer that works for me..and I KNOW pain...everyday.
Yes..all I can say is YUCK Ny

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/20/03 12:41 PM

Well NYGal, I hope all goes well with the surgery. I had more pain with the ligaments then the pin in my toes. Bathing is such a joy, they have a cast protector at the drug store and you foot doctor should also have one that is like saran wrap that you put on and it suctions around the cast with a pump, I would totally recommend one of these.It comes in handy even a year later. wink
The other funny thing is I am a forklift driver and I often thought about the damage that could happen running over ones foot.It never happened in my building,thank goodness for what you are telling me.
All the best,
Jackie
Posted By: Marty

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/20/03 02:38 PM

dang, sorry to hear this NYGal, you heal quickly!!!!

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/20/03 03:16 PM

Nygal, read your reply post to Axe on 2 17 03 under 10 to 18 inches. About healthy safe and such.

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/20/03 03:20 PM

Hi all,

WOW, Jackie, it's a small world, I bet our record of injuries in that part of our agency was ZERO, till this week ! Second, I agree with that knee surgery part, I had it on my other knee from an old skiing accident.

I just sit and shake my head and shiver at the upcomming days ahead.

Axeman, Vicodan is my med right now ! Who knows what it will be after tomorrow, maybe lots more Vicodan. wink

Thanks Marty, and all.......I will be here when I can, and I look forward to some good banter !!

Ok, gonna get mushy now, Thank goodness for everyone here, you will be a good part of my healing, and if I am not posting, I may be reading, be careful ....mush over !

( be careful what you say wink )

Later guys and gals smile

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/20/03 03:32 PM

Chloe, do you mean the one that mentions the weather and financial/physical? Well, one thing I can't blame was the weather. This happened inside.

Then there's that stupid, blonde girl that didn't "look both ways" ( for that one split second ) when going in that area, darn ME ! !

Mom's teachings stung, that went through my head along with many other things. smile

May nothing happen to anyone else ! ! ! eek
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/20/03 05:31 PM

send some of those vicodan over, my back is a mess from shovelling! just kidding (i have some smile )

sorry to hear of it. vicki fell at mangoes in the fall and broke her ankel. she is still hobbling. i hope yours heals faster, and be thankful you dont have one of those 20 lb belize city casts!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/20/03 06:38 PM

NY Gal,
Take care of yourself and use the time to relax!!! My grandmother came and stayed with me, cooked for me.... it was wonderful!! (Except for that damn cast...;(. )
Cheerz,
Vicki

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/21/03 02:03 AM

Tomorrow, 11 AM NY time, think of me......I will have you all on my mind to have something pleasant to think about.

It's a good diversion from pain, for me. wink

I wonder how much this cast will weigh, never thought of that....hm....toes to above the knee. Dang !

I may think real hard about this down time. It has it's advantages.

Thanks all.........catch you soon.
smile

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/21/03 02:19 AM

Sure alot of advantages, you learn to watch TV alot and lay on your butt and eat even more than you watch TV and check the message board every two seconds and wonder why nobody is on and posting this is of course after the initial pain wheres off. Oh yea, the shoe is nice after the cast comes off.Then you realize how much you actually do need your foot.
My best one with the pins is was vacuuming the floor and kicking the on button with my toe, back to the couch for another week and some more pain killers.
Then when the cast comes off, you see how small that leg is compared to the other one.

Not to put a damper on this or anything, just things to look forward to.

Good luck tomorrow!!!!
Jackie
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/21/03 02:29 AM

NYgal, On the bright side, when that cast comes off, OPEN THE WINDOWS, you'll see what I mean. laugh

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/21/03 02:52 AM

Oh boy, loads of wonderful things to think about....loved it.

Let the stink out and the snow in? Well, by then it would be close to spring, I can do that. wink

Great news everyone, I did get that extra smile I needed tonight. smile

Now, shaving that leg will be first on the list, toad !!! Te he laugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/21/03 05:03 AM

NY GAL,
That's soooo funny about shaving your leg!!! I took my razor with me to the Dr's office!!!!! I swear, my leg looked like Mark Spitz's (do you remember how hairy he was??)
I'll be thinking about you!
Vicki
Posted By: denverdan

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/21/03 06:28 AM

Hope all goes well NYgal wink
(dang... gotta remember to buy blades too) hehe
Posted By: Mosquitorose

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/21/03 08:26 AM

Ah feel fe yu gial.....time will heal all.

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/21/03 03:43 PM

Catch up with everyone soon, time to go.
frown
wink
laugh I'll be back ! !

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/21/03 04:32 PM

was that NYG or Arnol Schwarzenegger? confused
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Nygal broke her foot - 02/21/03 06:27 PM

what the heck are you ladies doing up there????
jumping off of tables in bars??? :p
good thoughts for speedy recoveries. smile
gay
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board