AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Let's find Bill

Posted By: Chloe

Let's find Bill - 02/20/03 04:04 PM

Do any of you have an old Letter from Home from Bill Thornton, before he learned how to hide the addresses TO?
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/20/03 04:09 PM

LOL Chloe-I was JUST NOW sitting here thinking about Bill!!! Any emails we send just come back!! Have never heard from Bernd either.....him and Bill wwere friends?? I SURE would like to hear from one of them and can't help but think they visit here! Come one you guys-give us a call!!! C confused confused

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/20/03 04:32 PM

Bill and Bernd, no telling which country they have ventured to, together.
My last email from Bill was in November, but addy's hidden. We do know he had some St Louis friends on his Letters Home.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/20/03 05:17 PM

i have his email address, is that all you need? does it still work?

i will try him...see if i get him (i assume you tried that already?).

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/20/03 05:27 PM

oh, i see. it failed. now i get it.
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 01:18 AM

witness relocation program?

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 01:26 AM

Yes..we got back that it "failed". We have been in contact with Bernd's family...he is in Germany living. As some of you remember-he was dancing on a table at Fido's and jumped ...i mean JUMPED up in the air to come down and busted up both feet when he so called "landed".....Hey Bernd!!! (or Bill) give us a call......collect!!! C&R.......Chloe, you seem to be the last person who has heard from him??? Our last "Letter Home" was in August???? Bill AND Bernd.......why make us worry for you!!??? PLEASE get in touch....People care!!!!!! C
Posted By: klcman

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 02:05 AM

wasn't Berndt staying at The Hideaway? But if so, I suppose that's already been checked......
Posted By: denverdan

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 06:33 AM

Well... my e-mails don't bounce back anymore, so I don't know what going on...
I will say a Nathon Thornton phoned me twice this evening (denver phone #) and I got so shook up, I didn't answer. He left no message either...
Anybody know what Bill's kids names are?
"IF" he calls tomorrow, I'll answer.
DANG YOU BILL!
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 01:18 PM

For some reason I just don't have a good feeling about this.
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 03:40 PM

Hope, take the call. For some reason there's a person making that call.
Maybe Bill is at his family members house, has no computer access anymore and/or wishes to communicate, by phone and thought he would look you up while in Denver.

Things do happen, not all good, but this one could be a good one. I know I have lost information and slacked in trying to relocate it, when I do, then I tend to put things off.

Perhaps he didn't leave a message since he didn't know who, for sure, he was supposed to communicate with, if it wasn't Bill himself.

Maybe he lost his info, had something written down somewhere, found it and tried to call.
MAYBE????

Make that connection with Nathan Thornton, it could be the call you need to receive.

I'll be checking back in a few days, gotta run now ( I wish I could run ) but I'll be interested in that Nathan/Bill phone message. I hope he tries again. confused
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 06:19 PM

they are probably off with elvis eating jelly doughnuts and p-nut butter/banana sandwiches!!!
eek eek eek
Posted By: Sandshaker

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 06:24 PM

For anyone there...try going to the clinic (the purple one) and talk to Nurse Natalie. She may have a snail mail addy for him.
Or visit the house just before his...ask there.
Man's name is Collin.

Keep us posted. I'm worried about him.
Posted By: Debbie

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 07:07 PM

I'm worried too. I've had an envelope full of pictures for him in my briefcase for months. I've posted to him on the board, and like all of you, the emails came back...... It's so wierd. Anyone call information in St. Louis???? First one with any info, PLEASE let the rest of us know. Debbie
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 07:33 PM

do we need to start printing your pix on the sides of milk cartons confused
Posted By: rdb

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 10:34 PM

I checked with Colin in January. They hadn't heard a thing. Nor had Jennie at Caliente's.

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/21/03 10:45 PM

wasnt he talking about driving his old ferarri or alfa or whatever thru mexico to bz? maybe he is doing this? strange that NO ONE has heard from him.

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 12:39 AM

Well, if Colin hasn't heard from him...that is unusual.

Thanks RDB.

I wish I had gotten a snail mail addy from him a long time ago...I am starting to worry.

Maybe we should scan the newspaper archives in St. Louis?...say over the last several months?

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 12:55 AM

Darn, if Colin and Jennie have not heard from Bill, this is really serious.

If Bill was driving to Belize, as his last email said, he was considering, he would have contacted me, since I am on the border of Mexico where he would leave the USA.

If Bill fell in love like some have suggested, omg he would be on the board telling all, I feel.

Something is terrible wrong.

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 01:05 AM

Maybe he gets the San Pedro Sun and Eileen has an address for him??? Just a thought...

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 01:23 AM

Great thought Tammy. Keep thinking, cause you have more clues than any of us, stored in your memory. What was his adult son's name?

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 06:25 AM

We know where Bernd is...he is alive and safe!! Our last "Letter Home" from Bill said he was waiting for airfare to go down, but wanted to be in SP by the end of August. I don't have a good feeling about this either and think we should pull our resources together via the computer and search for him. I, of course, am computer iliterate, but Rick did find Bernds sister this way. We were worried about him too, for a couple months.....but found him through his sister. I'm going to email a Belizean friend in St Loius anmd see if he can help.....anybody on here been by his home in San Pedrano?? Is that right???? C confused confused confused
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 12:40 PM

With nothing better to do, I searched the archives of the St. Louis Post Dispatch for 2002 and 2003. Both in news articles, and well you know where else. Nothing.

I've just got this feeling that "Thornton" is not what one should be looking for. Remember what BZ is noted for...."disappearing" as whomever one wants to be. That in itself opens a myriad of possibilities. So be it.

CC

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 04:15 PM

Bill is a creature of habit and therefore has been pretty predictable over the last 3 years that I've known him. His routine is well known to those that live in San Pedro. I just wish somebody would come forward with an address or contact #.

I can't remember his son's name or the exact city he lives in. It's in the St. Louis area but it's one of those small suburbs.

Maybe somebody can check with Vanessa at BTL and see if she has a Stateside forwarding address for him???...BEL...or the cable co.?
He has to be getting his utility bills somewhere.

I only want to know that he is physically and mentally ok...and doesn't need help. And to let him know we all care about him and miss his presence. frown
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 04:53 PM

My friend Cyndy works at BEL, so I have her checking for me... will let you know what I find out.

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 04:53 PM

I agree with Tammy, Bill is a creature of habit.
Some problem has developed IMHO.

I recall his suburb out of St Louis being to the south or southwest.

Tammy remember you met Bill's brother in SP, was his name Bob, and can you remember where he lived, seems like a different state than Bill.

Also send email to Danny Guerrero.

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 05:17 PM

Many thanks to Choochoo, Ibanole and Tammy for their searching, and anyone else that is working behind the screen.

By the way MARTY, you have been to Bill's condo in SP, do you know more?
Posted By: Marty

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 05:39 PM

wish i knew something...

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/22/03 07:36 PM

I want to say Bob lived in Oklahoma...but not sure my memory is correct on that one.

At any rate....I don't know a city so you would have to search the entire state for phone listings for a Bob or Robert Thornton.

Gotta be a better way. *sigh*

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/23/03 03:12 AM

Do you know if Bill was ever in the military?
I wish you folks the best of luck in finding your good friend.

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/23/03 05:16 PM

hummm, well Nathon Thornton was no relation to Bill.
I also phoned directory assistance and scanned the paper a few weeks or so ago, with no luck either.
CAN someone check out his elec or phone billing on the Island? That is a great idea!!!
Also, did he not work for USPS and/or Police years ago?
Someone please try to "reply all" to ANY e-mail they have from Bill. I DO remember him telling me how he sent stuff with addresses NOT showing.
Totally frustrating...
Dang!

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/24/03 03:09 AM

Let's keep this at the top portion until we find out something!!! Driving me NUTS!!!! C
Posted By: Axeman

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/24/03 03:17 AM

Geez, I met Bill 2 years ago..hope he's not hurt.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/24/03 03:21 AM

Who is Bill and why is everyone so concerned about his wherebouts ? As someone mentioned, Belize is a place of non discloserer. ?

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/24/03 03:40 AM

Boy.....Tammy..help me answer this one!!! I do not believe Bill ever went to AC/Belize to "escape"..but one never knows....I don't like not hearing from him, as well as mANY OTHERS ON THIS board (oops) he is a true friend and gentleman who has a kind and humble heart. Lives part time AC part and part time in the states and ALWAYS stays in touch. He is a special person to alot of us!!! He used to pick us up at airstrip in SP..in his Purple Cart (it deserves capital letters!) We miss him..and he has a unique and integral sense of humor!!!! Bill, if you're reading......and I'd like to think you are.....let us hear from you!!!! C confused confused confused

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/24/03 03:45 AM

laugh

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/24/03 06:01 AM

the reason I asked if Bill had been in the military was I thought if you knew what branch he had been in, and what rank, perhaps you could find him thisway. I had a friend who found a person he had been in with doing this.

Bill sounds like a special guy to have so many folks concerned.

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/24/03 06:08 AM

I think Bill was in the military, we recieve E's from him, when he was in Guatamala, when he was staying with some of buds there in the American Legion. I know he has a house in St. Louis, and that he has many friends there. The last E to us was he was going to head to AC in the next few months. Thats all we know. When I can get a day off I'll check with some friends up there and the internet to find him. Bill if you are out there E us.
Thanks, Rick
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/24/03 04:56 PM

I just got an email from Cyndy at the BEL office. They only have a local PO box addy for Bill. And he is not currently past due....
Sorry I couldn't get more info.
Posted By: rdb

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/24/03 05:00 PM

I know he served; I think it was in the Air Force....

Bob
Posted By: klcman

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/24/03 05:36 PM

so the PO Box must be overflowing by now - if not, post a scout at the door & watch for whomever opens it.
Posted By: v&j

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/25/03 06:07 AM

OK, guys - I'm not a frequent poster, but a long time lurker, and remember Bill well from his posts. Since I'm a geek, I did a few web searches, and found several pieces of info that might help - both in St. Louis as well as Oklahoma (Tulsa).

Don't really want to post all this info on the board, and I know it's not wise to post my email, so not sure how to get this info to you folks. Marty, can you release my email to Chloe, Rick/Cheri (I met you two down in AC in October), or DenverDan? I'll be happy to share what I've got - it's not alot, but might be some other places to search - it might be worth a shot.

It's a testament to Bill that someone who only knows him by his posts (me) is worried about him!!

.............Janet

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/25/03 07:45 AM

Hey V & J,
Good to hear from ya'll, how are things!!!
E us at [email protected]
Thanks, and I'll talk with ya soon!!!!!
Rick
Posted By: Barry

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/25/03 02:03 PM

Yeah, We're all worried. Anyone who knew Bill at all either by his post or personally. I met Bill and a friend of his from St.Louis last year in S.P. His friend has a daughter in High School in my town. I'll check with another friends daughter whose a classmate and get her Dad's # in St.Louis. I'll be in St.Louis next Sat. (3/2) and see what I can come up with. He also posted about his love of the VFW or Lions Club(I forgot which it was) in Antigua,Guatemala and the ex-pats he met there. Anyone checked? I'll post any findings after my return from MX. 3/12 or so.
Posted By: v&j

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/25/03 03:27 PM

Just sent an email off to Rick/Cheri with the info I found - One thing I did find is a hit in the Olivette, MO or Ladue, MO area - try zip code 63132. His middle initial is "F", if that helps. I'll keep running some searches, and see what comes up............Janet

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/25/03 04:58 PM

Janet, you're the gal.
Thanks for searching.
Bill is the type of guy everyone could friend.
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/25/03 05:33 PM

I only met Bill once in SP, over a year ago, but seems like I remember he was or had gone to Guatamala. Something about a woman. . .

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/25/03 06:52 PM

Update, the phone number Janet found, has the St Louis area code. I dialed, the recorder answered saying it is the phone for a Senator. I went ahead and left a message incase they know our Bill Thornton.

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/25/03 07:13 PM

Anyway we can find out if he's PO box is full????? Maybe there's some info in there??? C

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/25/03 07:15 PM

Vicki-what do you mean he is "currently not past due"? His dues for the box are being paid?? How often??? C

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/25/03 07:26 PM

She meant utility bill Cheri.
Post office will not give any info IMHO.
The name of the town, where the P O box is would be of help tho.

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/25/03 11:14 PM

Oops....I'm being "Blonde" today!!! LOL..C....his PO Box is in SP.

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/28/03 07:05 AM

I'm a brunette today.....someone has heard something??? Anyone checking on his house in SP?

Re: Let's find Bill - 02/28/03 07:40 AM

Sorry, no word on Bill as of yet. Keep on looking.

Re: Let's find Bill - 03/02/03 04:57 AM

GOOD NEWS!!!! Bill just contacted me. He is alive and well, and will be on AC March 6th.

Please someone give him a swift little kick on his royal behind, for we that have been concerned, when you see him on the street in San Pedro.

Contact was brief, but I venture he has one long story to tell us, later.

Re: Let's find Bill - 03/02/03 06:16 AM

laugh laugh laugh oh YEAH!!!!!!! No missing person report needed..... Ya still got the "Purple Stallion"????? Need a ride....lol....C

Re: Let's find Bill - 03/02/03 11:12 AM

We just got ours too!!! Gald we'll be on the island when he is!!!! Good to see your are doing well!! See ya soon my friend!!
Rick

Re: Let's find Bill - 03/07/03 07:29 AM

So where is he still hiding?
I'm gonna swat ya Bill. ooohhhh fun stuff lol)
We DO love ya Bill and miss ya!
Get on back here.
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Let's find Bill - 03/07/03 08:49 PM

OOPS, I'm in BIG trouble now!!! I am very sorry to have worried you "guys". I just arrived back to San Pedro yesterday and I am well. I really must change my ways. When in St Louis, I have a routine simular to a mouse on his wheel and this time at least, it did not include a computer. I stay off tables in the bar, lately... and otherwise keep on trudging. I did post a reply about a week ago, but it didn't "take". I will promise not to stay away so long.

Re: Let's find Bill - 03/07/03 08:59 PM

Bill my guess is, either you have just had lunch at Caliente's or on your way there. Yummy
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board