AmbergrisCaye.com Home

fees to arrive and leave AC

Posted By: texasbug

fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/07/03 10:20 PM

Got my passports in the mail today and getting all the stuff bought ( and sold ) in order to get there.

What exactly do you have to pay for when you arrive and leave??? I need to have that money stashed away so I don't spend it on alcohol while I am there. Someone said something about an EXIT Fee???? If I do not pay it.... will they let me stay there on their nickel??

Need help from the AC travelers!!!
Posted By: o jackie

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/07/03 10:25 PM

It is 20.00 US per person, when you leave. Nothing when you get there. Are you having fun packing and shopping? smile

Jackie
Posted By: texasbug

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/07/03 10:28 PM

Can't figure out what to take>>>> I guess just shorts and stuff. Do I need anything else?? A sundress for anything or long sleeve jacket or what? I know I have read bring zip lock bags, underwater camera, mosquito spray.... What else?

Thanks Jackie for your help once again.... 30 days tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/07/03 11:02 PM

texasbug - I was very happy that I had a couple of lightweight sundresses last year. Just the spagetti strap, cotton, loose version. When the breeze dies down it is almost too warm even for shorts. A wide brimmed hat and thongs (flip flops) :p
Old Navy on-line has some cute stuff, very inexpensive also...

And don't forget the sunscreen!
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/07/03 11:13 PM

Just money-everything else doesn't even reach second place-if you smoke bring cartons of your favourite cigarettes-that is all the rest you can get here
Posted By: klcman

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/07/03 11:35 PM

having spent time on AC for the past 10 years, I have never taken a skirt, sun dress, bluse or hell - even a bra!

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/07/03 11:41 PM

liar - I know you are into cross dressing-or do you just leave everything down here for safe keeping

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/07/03 11:42 PM

hah - what are YOU wearing??

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/07/03 11:44 PM

a little no. I picked up from Armani

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/08/03 12:19 AM

the mauve one or the puce?
Posted By: Gela

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/08/03 12:27 AM

Don't forget you have a $1.50BZ "interisland" fee that you pay at Tropic or Maya air before you fly out to Ambergris Caye. Then the $20.00US departure tax collected by your airline when you return to the states.

Will see you there Texasbug! laugh
Posted By: Marie

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/08/03 01:10 AM

Ignore the crew! They are feeling frisky. Your going to need the exit fee, bring the shorts and tees, maybe a pair a long pants and a shirt if it should get cold (probably won't). Think summer and you will be fine. If you dive, of course you will have to bring the acccording equipment. If not, just bask in the sun!
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/08/03 05:32 AM

Remember the $20 per person departure tax is payable in cash only!
Posted By: seashell

Re: fees to arrive and leave AC - 04/08/03 07:17 AM

I always put a US $20 away in a safe place just for my exit fee. Then I don't spend it or worry about trying to round it up on the day I'm leaving.

Second last trip, I couldn't find the safe place, so assumed I'd spent it and ended up having to cash another traveller's cheque to have the cash for my fee. What a drag on my last day.

Happily on my last trip, I found the secret compartment and so didn't have to worry about it at all that time. smile What did I learn? Always use the same secret compartment.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board