AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: ChrisW Need Help... - 06/23/03 09:51 PM
I lost my friends Apollo Sun God codpiece and need to get my hands on another one ASAP. I am pretty sure he bought it on AC. It is a two pieced bronze affair that is hinged in the middle and ties on with leather straps. A relief of Apollo holding a flaming sword is featured on the front. The setting/rising? sun is in the background.

Has anybody seen this for sale on AC? I will pay in dollars, drinks, kisses, or whatever.

Also I heard a rumor that Pedro has a few of these. So if somebody can help me to get him to let go of one, that would work also.
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/23/03 09:57 PM
This is too funny! Are you serious? Have you seen my quest for a Moongoddess T-shirt? It has been quite the adventure! Good luck!
Posted By: ChrisW Re: Need Help... - 06/23/03 10:16 PM
No I am not serious. I gave up collecting codpieces years ago. It became way too expensive. Now I just read message boards.

Seriously, good luck on the t-shirt. Persistance seem to be you forte. Use it wisely and it will take you far...
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Need Help... - 06/23/03 10:44 PM
i got it right away, chris. no flies on me. funny, pretty funny.

they are even talking of that "persistance" on the isle!!
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/23/03 11:14 PM
That's me! Little Miss Persistant. Can't get anywhere in life without a good amount of persistance wink

FYI - I knew you were taking off on my t-shirt problem. It's just way too similiar
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/23/03 11:16 PM
By the way, what is a codpiece?
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Need Help... - 06/23/03 11:40 PM
http://www.onr.com/user/steveh/cods.htm
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 12:15 AM
Thank you so much for the history lesson on codpieces - why don't they just call them "cockpieces"??? wink Just kidding! Intuitively I made the connection, or at least thought that's what they were, but was surprised on the site you offered up. Very interesting.

Another question for all the board readers since my persistance has obviously become well known, do you think I'll ever get that damn shirt? I'm still getting the cold shoulder from SPB. Maybe I shouldn't have fessed up after all.
Posted By: NYgal Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 12:24 AM
ahhhemmmmmmmmmmm.......tsk tsk eek
Posted By: lmarquis Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 12:28 AM
Wow, wow, oh wow! This thread is hilarious. Needed a later afternoon laugh and never heard of this codpiece. Hope I never see one!
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 01:16 AM
ok, ok, ok......what's the "tsk tsk" for NYGal? It can't be that I said what others have thought if they went to the website? Check it out - it's actually quite interesting.

And it is funny too as our other friend pointed out. Of course I do have a slightly "course" sense of humor on occassion, but I see no harm in that. Obviously neither did the queen smile
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 01:40 AM
(jane rolls eyes, then turns red)

notice i knew what codpieces were...

(anyone ever seen the ones used on rowen atkinson's 'black adder' eek ????!!!)
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 02:09 AM
certainly not me. I've only seen them in "historic" movies/epics. They do DO a man a compliment, if ya know what I mean. Don't tsk tsk me NYGal!
Posted By: NYgal Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 02:22 AM
but....I already did smile
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 03:06 AM
Yes you did, not exactly sure why though? My course sense of humor or something else (like fessing up)?
Posted By: NYgal Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 03:10 AM
Like I said, I already did... smile
Posted By: Mel S Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 03:21 AM
This would make a wonderful Monty Python film, " Searching For a God's Codspiece". Cheers, Mel S..
Posted By: Islenutt Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 03:22 AM
Wow JMS.... you're making friends all over the place.... :rolleyes:
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 03:25 AM
I'm sorry for fessing up so soon. I know I'll get that damn shirt one way or the other. Even if I have to go down there and find it myself. Can you believe there has been so much conversation over this? I really didn't expect so much idle conversation over it. I was hoping someone would have one, or know where I could get one. However, I have to admit, I am enjoying myself!
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 03:30 AM
ChrisW let you astray, I don't want a codpiece, I'm looking for a stinking t-shirt. I'm not sure my so called friend is worth the trouble, but I am a persistant person as Chris pointed out. And by the way, where have you been Chris since you started this topic?
Posted By: o jackie Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 04:00 AM
JMS,
you could just think of it this way:

NO SHOES
NO SHIRT
NO PROBLEM!!

but this is starting to be one I see.
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 04:27 AM
CROWN ROYAL BAG!!!!!
Posted By: Chloe Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 04:32 AM
"not again".........hahaha
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 10:40 AM
thank you Bill
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 12:11 PM
Was this an outing? I understood the sole value of the codpiece in the modern era is to provide the flambuoyance required by the the gay male community.
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 12:28 PM
could be but I doubt it.....Chris was making fun of my well known situation. And he did it in a absolutely hilarous manner!
Posted By: ChrisW Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 01:36 PM
Nevermind... I found the codpiece at the bottom of my swimming pool. Darn thing must have fallen off while I has practicing my high dives.
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 01:38 PM
Curious to know if they provide good support smile
Posted By: ChrisW Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 02:17 PM
When it comes to metal codpieces, it is all about protection not support. They are a necessity in a skirmish, but you do have to be really careful with them in the winter time. Of course, the Apollo Sun God one is more for show than anything else. I doubt it would stand-up to the rigors of a true battle. Likely if put to the test, it would fall off completely again like it did in my pool...
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 03:29 PM
(give it up girlfriend, i've been 4x in this isle, and never saw one)

so, none of you have ever seen the BBC show "the black adder"??? an historical comedy (along m-python's lines but not sketches) set in midievel times (later in WWII) where rowen atkinson's codpiece is like 18 inches long & 6 inches wide, and changed with each rediculous outfit??? it ran for years & years & years on PBS??? he played a 'insp. cleuseau' type guy (inept), but was a mean, selfish, asskissing (to the queen) twit?? sheesh. catch it if it ever comes back, it is hilarious. i mean, HILAROIUS.
Posted By: ChrisW Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 04:00 PM
I have heard the name "Black Adder", but couldn't place it. I see now that the guy I know as Mister Bean (Rowan Atkinson) is the Black Adder. That guy cracks me up. I will have to keep an eye out for that show...
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 04:01 PM
for me, it's not so much about knowing of the black adder bbc program, it's just I prefer musing over a bare-breasted moongoddess, than various and assorted codpieces.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 04:05 PM
YES, mr bean was a much later creation. the guy's wit is knife sharp when he talks, black adder is very witty yet openly silly. but it is years old. gotta look for it pn PBS or the BBC channel. dont know if it runs anymore. i just ran a google, and it is on dvd boxed set: (link)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/BlackAdderTheCompleteBlackAdder-1063600/preview.php

dummies wont get half of it, but will laugh anyway...
Posted By: Mosquitorose Re: Need Help... - 06/24/03 08:59 PM
I'm a fan of BBC so I've seen many of the black addar...and others...
Posted By: JMS Re: Need Help... - 06/25/03 12:40 AM
Any more good jokes or funnies Chris? This topic has kept me laughing, and God knows I could use more of your humor!
Posted By: Chloe Re: Need Help... - 06/25/03 12:50 AM
JMS, stay tuned, the jokes are forth coming.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Need Help... - 06/25/03 02:26 PM
yes, more jokes will ensue when the man, big zeke himself, returns from his bz excursion. THEN, jms, you will be in for a treat... :rolleyes:
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board