AmbergrisCaye.com Home

FREE AIR TO BELIZE

Posted By: Ernie B

FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/26/03 07:29 PM

Free air to Belize City, round trip! Find out how to get it... look under "San Pedro Scocial Club Roll Call" smile
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/26/03 09:03 PM

haha, good job, Ernie! do you sell used cars or real estate??? wink that is a great incentive to entice members.

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/26/03 09:14 PM

Hey db,..... No, retired senior excu.(EVP) with a $100 mil co. Did have responsibility for marketing/sales promotion amoung a million other area's. I like to do these things, such as raising $$ for the families and children of San Pedro. I sleep well!!!

Ernie smile
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/26/03 10:14 PM

yep, I just knew you were into marketing. You folks did a good thing for the SP Lion's Club. Next year will be even better. I wouldn't mind that free air to Belize - think I will go raid my piggybank!

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/26/03 10:55 PM

Our goal for 2004 is $2000.00 (US) to go to the SP Lions Club. It doesn't sound like much but it will mean a lot to them. We need support from every board member that has a place in their heart and wallet to support this effort. The real winners are the folks in San Pedro that need our support. I made a bet with Dick (Papa) that we will exceed that 2 grand..... sure hope it was a good bet because if I win, it goes toward the goal. I really can't lose nor can Dick, his will also go into the pot. So, raid that piggy bank, bring lot's of cash and join us on May 15th. 2004 at Papa's on The Lake. Who know's, thoes tickets just may have your name on them! Later we will announce other prizes like a week at a very deserible hotel and who knows what.

Ernie
ps; I really have to watch my spelling or you know who will be all over me!
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/26/03 11:59 PM

Oh ERnie, we will SOOOO go over that limit!!! Mark my words!!! C
Posted By: KBG

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/27/03 01:24 AM

Ernie
Great offer, should get lots of response for a very good cause. KBG

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/27/03 06:22 PM

smile
Posted By: klcman

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/28/03 12:17 AM

and the point of embarkation would be ??
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/28/03 12:32 AM

Re: the free air to Belize... is Continental donating it? If the proposal is made professionally, CO will definitely donate it. I can't think of the contact person for such a request... if I remember I'll post her name. I do remember she is blonde and tall... laugh

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/28/03 02:04 AM

POE to be determined, Denny, I do not understand your question. Please restate more clearly.

E!

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 01:17 AM

No one is intrested in FREE AIR FARE FOR TWO? Un believeable!

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 12:28 PM

Ok here goes.... is the group, meaning SPSC buying the air and then giving it away or is Continental donating the air for us to give it away?

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 04:10 PM

Question #1 POE... I think it will be any point on Cont. system. Will clarify and post later.

Question #2... Cont. is donating the tickets for us to raffle off.

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 05:16 PM

ah, got it now! Thanks
Posted By: o jackie

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 06:47 PM

What do you have to do for Continental, for them to make such a generous contribution at such a rough time for the airlines?

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 07:04 PM

Absolutly nothing. They did it out of the kindness of their heart and my charming smile.

E! laugh

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 08:16 PM

CO is very good that way. They always have been... if it's for a legit reason, such as ours, they are more than willing... it's good publicity for them.

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 08:50 PM

Wow, that is pretty unbelievable. Seeing as though there are causes that are alot more worthier, no offense, that people need to fly and they do not donate tickets to them. Correct me if I am wrong.

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 09:28 PM

Jackie, We feel that we have a worthy cause in the Lions Club of San Pedro and a scholarship fund for promising kids in San Pedro. There may well be other worthy orgainazations and they have their supporters as well. By your home page it appears to the causual reader that you also have a place in your heart for Belize. We also have a place in our pocketbook for Belize and especially San Pedro. We just sent the Lion Club a check for around $700.00 that we raised at our party. This coming year our goal is $2000.00(US) Continental Air Lines agreed with our purpose. We will auction off thoes tickets and other donations and the entire amount will go to the kids and families of San Pedro. I was a permanant resident of SP and still visit on a regular basis. I, amoung other people like to give something back to the place that makes us so very happy.

Regards,

Ernie Brannon

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 09:47 PM

Ernie,
I was not getting smart about this at all. I know what you did for the Lions Club and the people of San Pedro, I think that it was great, that you were able to give them that much and also kept them on your list for next year. Yes, you are right,my heart and alot of my causes are in San Pedro and alot of appreciation to the Lions Clinic, for there help while I was sick. Dont not take offense in this at all,I just cannot believe that the airlines would do this,for any cause except(emergency,change of flight,illness,death,etc).

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 11:45 PM

Jackie, all the airlines have policies for emergencies, death, critical injuries, etc,etc. They (airlines) do have hearts even though they are sometimes hard to find! I did not really take your comments as critical, just perhaps uninformed. Maybe you will join us next year, looking for about 100 in attendence. Who knows, perhaps thoes tickets will have your name on them!

Ernie
Posted By: Miss Anthropy

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 11:46 PM

Wow! Getting a great head start for next year's fund raising PARTEE. Way to go IMMISSING, CONTINENTAL and everyone else who is making this happen.

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 06/30/03 11:58 PM

Hey now Ernie... you told me those tickets had MY name on them... laugh

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/01/03 01:01 AM

As I said, who knows?

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/01/03 01:43 AM

and I thought they were mine wink

Opening bid ....one Ixchel T-shirt

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/01/03 02:03 AM

KLC, all ya gotta do is show up and and take your chances wink .

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/01/03 02:23 AM

no absentee bids?? frown
Posted By: NYgal

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/01/03 03:10 AM

Heck, have the party on AC. More incentive.

Then they can enjoy the best of 2 worlds. Plus the businesses there would prosper.

Win a ticket with an absentee bid. Good thinking klc. wink

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/01/03 03:23 AM

gracias, chica
Posted By: Windjammer

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/01/03 04:36 AM

Ernie, good start you already got donors for next year. Unfortunatley (fortunate for me) this is one I won't be bidding on since I already have free air on Co just happens to be standby. Boy do I have a great picture of you from the partee just wish I knew how to get them posted. Eventually! laugh

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/01/03 02:55 PM

NYgal... the get togethers are not to replace a trip to the island but rather an in between trip with a close resemblence to SP. This is not to say that at some point we will get gether on "La Isle Bonita" for some kind of Grand Blowout. In a lot of cases, it is much cheaper than an island visit.

The donations (air fare) will not be done via live auctions but rather in a raffle, so attendance is not requried, just purchase a ticket to get your name in the hat! Who knows, it just might be your lucky day! Will post more details later.

Ernie

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/01/03 10:18 PM

cool
Posted By: NYgal

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/01/03 10:27 PM

what-r-u smilin' about? LOL laugh

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/01/03 11:08 PM

smile The devil made me do it wink

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/02/03 12:07 AM

ok - upping the ante....a certain T-shirt & a bottle of Viper

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/02/03 12:15 AM

smile I do not want any part of that stupid shirt :)AND.... I ain't drinkin nothin that somethin else lives in or died in, fer sure. :p

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/02/03 01:00 AM

laugh laugh laugh

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/02/03 10:07 PM

smile smile smile :rolleyes:

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/03/03 12:09 AM

eek eek eek laugh laugh

Full House! DO I win?

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/03/03 12:47 AM

nope 4 of a kind (_|_) (_|_) (_|_) (_|_)

beats a full house anyday :rolleyes:

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/03/03 02:17 PM

laugh Sorry ROYAL FLUSH smile cool confused wink :p

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/04/03 12:53 AM

:rolleyes:
Posted By: rosemary

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/15/03 02:43 AM

IMMISSING.....

AM LOOKING TO JOIN THE LIONS CLUB WHEN I MOVE TO A/C. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO TO START THE PROCESS. AFTER MUA AND THEN A FEW YEARS IN THE US FOR RESIDENCY; THEN I;LL BE RETURNIG TO GIVE "FULL FLEDGED" MEDICAL CARE TO ANY ONE WHO NEEDS IT....MAINLAND BELIZE OR A/C. LOOK FORWARD TO BE A PART OF SOMETHING/SOMEONE WHO CARES. RBJ
Posted By: Loie

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/16/03 03:35 AM

Sign us up for a raffle, the odds gotta beat powerball!!
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/18/03 03:56 AM

Rosemary: As a San Pedro Lion, I would suggest going to the Friday and Saturday night BBQ's. Introduce yourself and inquire regarding membership. Get to know them while they get to know you. It is not an automatic thing like joining Sams Club, although I have been rejected from that outfit. The Lions Hospital which is under construction is behind the Island Supermarket. A good contact would be Lion Beto Marin. Ask around. Good luck!!

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/18/03 01:51 PM

Hello Bill, my friend !!! Please email me re: Lions Club.

Ernie [email protected]
Posted By: captjeff

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/22/03 12:41 AM

immissing capt jeff just got back from europe so I missed all the chit chat.think your plan is great.would like to help the lions club ,they do great work .I am new to sanpedro but have been there each month since oct.. .love the island love the people ,I would like to help ,lets try to come up with some thing .my co is one of the largest sellers of cruises in the country,how, about if I got the lions club a free 7 day cruise to raffle off think they could do it or maybe your group ???? I am for real ,let me know or who to contact ,be back to sanpedro aug 7 to the 11 the and then sept 2 to the 10 lets make it happen
Posted By: lovey and thurston

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/22/03 04:46 AM

Hola, my favorite Spud Stud. Sorry we missed the big bash, but will definitly try the next one. How about raffling a house or condo for a week or to complete a pkg. with airfare. Think we might be able to hook you up. Are you coming down soon, we get home Aug. 18th, hope you're there. Judy
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/22/03 05:20 AM

Raffle a weekend with Paisano!!!

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/22/03 02:15 PM

Captjeff... Please email me: [email protected]

Thanks,

Ernie Brannon

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/22/03 02:18 PM

Lovey, You good looking thing ! Are you still using the same email ? I'll drop a note if so. A Big Hello to RB.

Ernie
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/22/03 04:33 PM

seriously, ernie, i can't make the social club fest, (child responsibilities, etc) are you offering absentee bids? i can give, but i can't come (oh my, that sounded dirty!)
Posted By: govikes

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/22/03 04:53 PM

sweetjane, plans are underway that will enable any of the boarders to buy a chance that this--we just haven't got it all figured out yet, but since our bottom line desire is to give something back to our Isla Bonita, it only makes sense to include whoever wants to participate! Ernie, bless his heart, is getting input (and some great contributions!) and as soon as it is all put together there will be a posting!

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/22/03 07:23 PM

Hi SweetJane ! I echo govikes comments. I might add that as of today, in the way of major prizes, round trip air for two,condo for 7 days, another possible house/condo for a week, AND more to come ! We will offer raffle tickets and post the winners in " real time" on this board the night of the Partee. ALL PROCEEDS from the raffle will go to several charities on the island. With any luck at all, I belive we will raise in excess of $10,000. We will, as govikes said, be more detailed as we get closer to Partee Time. Thank you for your interest.

Ernie

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/23/03 08:54 PM

smile

Re: FREE AIR TO BELIZE - 07/23/03 11:12 PM

These post were bumped up because someone had made an inquirey, for no other reason. We are in the planning stage to raise a LOT OF $$$$$$ FOR the island. This year we made a meger donation, next year a Major donation. We would love everyones support.

Ernie
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board