AmbergrisCaye.com Home

It sure is quiet...

Posted By: NYgal

It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 02:19 PM

How can we wake everyone up?

Everyone reads and waits for the next person to post smile
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 03:37 PM

That is what happens when people delete posts because they do not agree with them -even though they are not detremental to the island.

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 03:48 PM

I wondered where you were laugh

I notice people coming here each day, just to read. I know they are waiting for SOMETHING. Then they try to bash the heck outta ya. I know where you're at, I too have been slapped a few times, but ya know , 'sticks and stones' and 'look in the mirror' is everywhere. smile

I like them all, in different degrees of like.

Good to see ya, Pedro1. smile
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 06:19 PM

I for one, do not oppose verbal sparing. HOWEVER, it should be done in the proper format and location. It doesn't seem that ambergriscaye.com is the proper place for arguing amongst users and it doesn't even have anything to do about the island.

I think it really does send a message to first timers, etc. If I had never been to AC and came into some of these arguements, I'd think the whole island was crazy and the sun was beating down on their brains and frying them.

But then on the other hand, some of the postings get old and it does a board good to get stirred up a bit.

Geez, I am sooooo confused now. I don't know what to think now... I really need a pantyripper eek
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 07:50 PM

In boxing there are rules. No kidney punches, no hitting below the belt, and definately no biting off ears. We really don't have those rules... but maybe we should. And yes, the sun gets to me...all to often. I hope none of my posts offends anyone. I try to keep my punches above the belt and as far a biting the ear... I go straight for the Jugular.
Posted By: Miss Anthropy

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 07:55 PM

If we can stick to no cuss words that would be the only "rule" i'd support. Otherwise, we don't need no stinkin' rules. What's with all the policing of other people around here lately anyhoo? I've been reading/posting to Marty's board for about 5 years now and I've never asked that a post be deleted, nor have I complained to Marty about someone else's. Geez. But kids/families read the board together sometimes no need to offend their tender minds with nasty words.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 09:06 PM

i am waiting for more of zeke's dirty jokes...or of course a chance to post my same old pics!
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 09:07 PM

(hmmm....no dirty words huh...dont know if i can curb that...is she talking about me? i got reamed out for a thread on oysters...)

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 09:37 PM

No SJ not talking about you siwwy wabbit. More like a recently new poster who was spittin' the eff word and other nasties. Just a suggestion for the only "rule" if there is such a thing.

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 09:42 PM

I'm sure the person spitting out the "F" word, etc., was only doing it to emphasize phrases, and to show his use of descriptive adjectives. eek

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 09:44 PM

she was actually just madder than a hatter at the time i think. it would have been super hilarious instead of just regular hilarious if she wasn't directing the spittle toward mahself. wink
Posted By: JMS

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 10:00 PM

I did not direct it at you in particular. I was referring to anyone who likes to play nasty little head games. To you I said something along the lines that you didn't need to respond to my post just be a nasty b*&$h. I think you can still go look it up.
Posted By: Chloe

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 10:01 PM

Seems the quiet time is over now...... wink

Never seen such a stir on the weather here on the board before.

All you boarders that can control the weather, need to work harder.......LOL.

I knew we were a powerful group, but not powerful enough to control the weather...new project I guess.....too funny.
Posted By: Bobber

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 10:05 PM

Some people just take life and everything else way to seriously. Some people just have to get really mad before anyone takes them seriously enough to think they're funny. There is a certain humor to those over the edge for very little reason. Jane, go ahead and post more pics. You've been doing it for awhile and obviously didn't get the right response, so, how bout this? You loooook gooood.

How about that for avoiding four letter words?

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/16/03 10:11 PM

See what happens when I go to work and don't keep track, good grief. My laugh for the day ! laugh

Gee, I wanna say more............hahahahah

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 12:03 AM

I stand corrected. She called me a nasty biatch. Charming! :rolleyes:

Let's wake up Susan and Chris, they are both informative and have energetic qualities to their posts. Good reading!

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 12:05 AM

Susangg and Pedro1 are awake, I am waiting...fun.

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 12:08 AM

Gee, they could'a helped earlier. smile
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 12:19 AM

laugh nyg...Teehee :p
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 12:22 AM

Beth-what an HONOR! LOL....Must be the moon!! C
Posted By: JMS

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 12:47 AM

As Peter said earlier, they will just censor the topic if it gets too controversial.

By the way, what is your problem Miss? You threw the first jab. The usual can dish it out, but cant take it routine?
Posted By: denverdan

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 03:18 AM

oyyy
Here we go again...
Anybody got a t-shirt I can borrow/have/buy? I lost all of Dan's and he's gonna kill me!!!

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 03:22 AM

Shirts are everywhere, just have to find them. smile

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 03:47 AM

Hope that explains, that package of shirts you mailed to me. Why did you send me all of Dan's shirts? Poor Dan. wink
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 10:06 AM

Under the catagory oops. I had ordered from SWB a DSL hookup for my computer and after thinking about the price and some vague answers, I called and cancelled my order. They said it was enroute being delievered and for me to refuse delievery. I did refuse delievery from FEDX on Friday. Tuesday, I got another delievery from UPS and it was the DSL equiptment. So, If anyone had anything returned from me... sorry bout that!!!

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 02:59 PM

:p smile smile smile

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 07:37 PM

I'm sorry Miss A... don't forget we're a click here and that blue face has got to go! laugh eek

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 07:42 PM

Whatteryou talking about Denny? I'm yellow smile and I laugh all de time mon, just ask those who actually know me. smile

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 08:04 PM

lol

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/17/03 08:57 PM

Yep Cheri it must be da moon! LOL

beth
Posted By: skullyboy

Re: It sure is quiet... - 07/18/03 07:43 AM

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!!!!
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board