AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: hotsands nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/17/03 04:11 PM
Going to AC for first time with family and friends. Collectively we have six kids between ages 17-22. What are anybodies recommendations for where or what to do for nightlife? I'm sure they'll be very interested in yur replies. Also what are you folks top favorites for snorkle trips? Also I've heard about the Palapa bar north of the cut on Sundays. Clue me in on that as well. Thanks
Posted By: Sandy C Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/17/03 07:01 PM
Snorkeling spots: Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley, Mexico Rocks, Tres Cocos, Bacalar Chica

Snorkeling guides:
Alfonse Graniel, L'il Alfonse under "Goods & Services" menu above, phone: 614-5450; 226-3537; great guy & guide, wonderful with people & fish; ask him about other multiple snorkeling sites also
and/or
Geraldo Badillo, 226-2264;, catmaran sailing and snorkeling, another super guy that's lots of fun; El Gato under "Goods & Services" menu above

Bacalar Chica is at the north end of the island; Excalibur Tours used to make that tour - you see almost the entire island that way.
Posted By: hotsands Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/17/03 07:12 PM
Sandy C Thanks for the info. That's really helpful. Now I need some feedback on what night spots are recommended for our 17-22year old kids. cool
Posted By: Johnboy Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/17/03 08:24 PM
May I recommend Reef Seekers (Glass bottom boat)for a snorkle trip....They are the best we ever went with.........
Posted By: hotsands Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/17/03 09:52 PM
Johnboy-Thanks for the recommendattion. Appreciate the help.
Posted By: lovey and thurston Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/17/03 10:31 PM
Check out Fido's on front street and see what bands are playing or Jaguar's.
Posted By: hotsands Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/17/03 10:36 PM
Great Thanks.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/17/03 11:30 PM
make sure you see catagory X at fido's (pronounced feee-doe's), great classic rock cover band, much fun, lotsa energy. for a look into the local nightlife (and there isnt much) just hang at the town square for burritos & rice n beans, then pop into big daddy's disco on the beach after 10.
Posted By: RobertE Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/17/03 11:31 PM
The Black and White Reggae bar south of town I hear has some great reggae and some killer drum circles I hear. Off the beaten path but a true local place.

Also check out Crazy Canucks on Sunday afternoon or Monday night. Any bar on the island is great too just to chat it up with folks and soak in the island vibe

If you feel like getting crazy check out Jaguars, Barefoot Iguana's, Big Daddy's or Ladies Night at Wet Willies but be forewarned that these places don't get hoppin till at least midnight or later
Posted By: sweets Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/18/03 02:44 AM
Hotsands - for your kids i would suggest
Monday - Crazy Canuck's at Hotel Playador
Tuesday - Shark's BAr
Wednesday - Wet Willy's - Ladies Night
Thursday - Kareoke at Jaguar's
Friday/Saturday - we usually go back and forth between Fido's/Big Daddy's and Jaguar's all night
Most places don't get good until after 10 or 11.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/18/03 02:46 AM
The reggae bar has ladies of the night
Posted By: toad Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/18/03 03:12 AM
hey mon, needa det
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/18/03 03:37 PM
Think the legal drinking age there is 18. May not matter ,just thought i'd mention it. :p
Posted By: hotsands Re: nightlife and snorkle trips - 07/18/03 04:51 PM
Appreciate all the info, and thanks Richard for mentioning the age requirement.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board