AmbergrisCaye.com Home

drinking age question

Posted By: mercurialgirl

drinking age question - 08/13/03 01:35 AM

I've heard that the drinking age in Belize (Ambergris Caye to be exact) is not usually enforced. Can someone give me some details on this? Thanks. smile
Posted By: sweets

Re: drinking age question - 08/13/03 03:27 AM

How old are you? No, its not really strict there - I'm not trying to encourage anything but the very first time I went I was 14 and I never had someone ask me for ID. So - note to parents just keep your eyes peeled! smile
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: drinking age question - 08/13/03 03:40 PM

I own an Internet bar and we will not serve anyone that we know to be under 18-a lot of the back street bars are not as officous,and if you look 18/20 you will get served everywhere without being asked for id.
Posted By: mayatravel

Re: drinking age question - 08/13/03 03:42 PM

18 yrs old or your chin can reach the bar, whichever comes first.
Posted By: Debbie

Re: drinking age question - 08/13/03 03:44 PM

Officially, the drinking age is 18. Although I have to agree that it's not strictly enforced. We went a couple of years ago with two teen boys, and the one who was 16 at the time, was spotted by his dear old mother (me) with a Belikin in his hand at a local eatery..... eek eek I had a seat, and patiently waited for him to notice me..... laugh
Needless to say, a mop was quickly needed under his table..... laugh
Posted By: alux

Re: drinking age question - 08/13/03 06:27 PM

Originally posted by Debbie:

Needless to say, a mop was quickly needed under his table..... laugh
Damn, you ARE a strict mom to make a 16 yr old wet himself!
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: drinking age question - 08/13/03 06:52 PM

I'm hoping that it was that a not a wasted Belikin. I guess it could have been both.
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board