AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: M-A Gaffney 3 yrs since KEITH - 10/06/03 01:44 PM
Hard to believe it's been that long, but seeing that news story brought many memories rushing back. Watching homes blow away, water rise overhead, appliances, debris, cars, etc. floating down what used to be streets. Three weeks later, San Pedrito just had the road cleared but was still without fresh water & electricity. The rancid, knee deep mud became intolerable and we left the caye. For good.

I'm thankful to have survived. And hope to never see anything like it again. Thank God.
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: 3 yrs since KEITH - 10/06/03 01:49 PM
I never knew it was that bad, and I will pray along with everybody else that it will never happen again.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: 3 yrs since KEITH - 10/06/03 04:41 PM
MA, did you leave ac for hopkins? if so, is that the only reason?
Posted By: M-A Gaffney Re: 3 yrs since KEITH - 10/06/03 06:11 PM
Headed for Sarawee Village to live with Bernard's family. His uncle found the lot in Hopkins for us.
Posted By: denverdan Re: 3 yrs since KEITH - 10/07/03 03:04 AM
We were there on our very first visit 2 or 3 days after K. We took a water taxi over from BC to check on fellow boarders and others that have now become great friends!
Gosh... it was NOT good, but then again living through it... I could not even imagine.
Man oh man!
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: 3 yrs since KEITH - 10/07/03 03:10 AM
I must have missed something here-it really was not that bad-the only bitch was having to wash ones hair in the sea and that is very difficult but hitch hiking in the former Yugoslavia has worse memories for me but that is another story.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 3 yrs since KEITH - 10/07/03 06:40 AM
WORSE FI DI YUGO'S OR FOR YU PETE[R]?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board