AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: dbdoberman ByWarren - 10/12/03 04:49 PM
Has anybody sighted him on AC? Just wondering how he is doing. I miss his comments and opinions.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: ByWarren - 10/12/03 04:59 PM
He has pissed off to South Dakota for two months hunting-arrives back on 26/12/03
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: ByWarren - 10/12/03 05:03 PM
We worry about him, he leads such a hard life...
Posted By: bywarren Re: ByWarren - 10/12/03 07:34 PM
Thanks for "missing" db. I left the island Friday to head for South Dakota where I guide for pheasant and goose hunting. I still keep an eye on the board to make sure you guys do not stray too far. No topics of interest to me lately that are not being handled by the "regulars". I talked to a number of boarders while in Belize. I even introduced myself to Scubaldy. The introduction went fine. I even got thru it without physical harm. She can be forgiving.
Check out http://www.ambergristoday.com/html/flashbacks.html
That was 30 years and 40lbs ago.
Any bird hunters out there, you can look me up in South Dakota. By
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: ByWarren - 10/12/03 11:25 PM
HEY BYWARREN!! Great to see you posting - nobody does it like you. We need some good "discussions" to spice up this place. Kinda slow lately.

Nice flashback, were you the one in the middle? Now I am funning ya. Those sure were some nice sized dinners you caught there.

Enjoy your ND time, and then what a pity, back to AC for you. So sad.
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: ByWarren - 10/13/03 02:01 PM
what do you do with the birds after you blast the feathers off of their rump?
Posted By: bywarren Re: ByWarren - 10/13/03 02:22 PM
Most all of the hunters I encounter and guide take care to field dress the birds properly to ensure they will turn into delecitble table fare. I enjoy sharing my recipes and introducing wild game to those who have not yet tasted wild game properly prepared. The South Dakota Game Wardens published a book of their favorite wild game recipes that we also have available for the hunters.

PS: it is "rumps" not "rump". We try to "blast the feathers" off of alot of them. laugh
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: ByWarren - 10/13/03 03:13 PM
gak eek (gaks)

you beat pedro to that one!
Posted By: Teenah Re: ByWarren - 10/13/03 03:19 PM
ByWarren,

My husband (aka Elmer Fudd) just got home from Canada where he hunted snows for the past two weeks. He had a tremendously successful hunt. He leaves Saturday for South Dakota to hunt pheasants. In exchange for making me a hunting widow several weeks every year,he lets me go to AC to visit friends. smile

Happy hunting.

Teenah
Posted By: bywarren Re: ByWarren - 10/13/03 03:44 PM
I will leave the grammar correction to Pedro. My purpose in using the plural was to illustrate that because of man's encroachment on and the converting of wild game habitat for man's use, game biologists use hunting as a means of controlling game populations so as to insure their survival. To use your term, that means, "shooting the feathers off of their rumps". It requires shooting more than one.
Posted By: bywarren Re: ByWarren - 10/13/03 03:50 PM
Glad he had a good hunt, Teenah. Snow geese have become a real problem as to overpopulation. I have a great recipes for snow geese. You can't tell you are not eating the finest beef. If you are interested, e-mail me and I will share [email protected]. Where does your husband hunt in SD?
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: ByWarren - 10/13/03 09:58 PM
Bywarren: Thanks for delievering the stacks of wax. Its a happier world!! Bill
Posted By: Teenah Re: ByWarren - 10/14/03 03:27 AM
ByWarren,

My husband will be hunting pheasants somewhere near Chamberlain. I believe he's leaving here on Friday to hunt the weekend. Are you seeing many birds up there?

Thanks also for the offer to share recipes. We are always looking for different ways to eat those white birds. I will e-mail you with a couple of our favorites as well. My husband would like to put some new recipes on his website.
He builds and sells misc hunting stuff as well as windsock decoys of all types. I'm just glad that he's able to do what he loves for a living. If you're interested at taking a peek, you can find his site at http://www.customnorthwinds.com

I'll go dig out my recipes and e-mail you soon! Thanks again.

Teenah
Posted By: Debbie Re: ByWarren - 10/16/03 05:31 PM
Please do post some recipes..... I've had pheasant once in my life and it was perfectly awful!!! They cooked it in a sauce made from orange marmalade. Yuck. I would be willing to try it again, if it were cooked correctly.
Debbie
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: ByWarren - 10/16/03 06:03 PM
Bywarren - how is the war going -are you still managing to hold the lines against those panzer loving/driving pheasants.I believe I read that the arms munitions guys are equiping the snow Geese and those incredibly viscous ninja trained ducks with the latest Uzi's and lazer guided mortars-it must be hell in the trenches but rest assured our thoughts and prayers are with you while you are fighting for and protecting our freedom and way of life-God bless you and your troops.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Teenah Re: ByWarren - 10/16/03 06:51 PM
Debbie,

I'd be happy to post some recipes for pheasant. If you look on my husband's website, you'll find a few for geese as well. Of all the wildfowl, pheasant is my favorite! I'm busy today, but will try to post them tomorrow.

Teenah
Posted By: Debbie Re: ByWarren - 10/16/03 08:58 PM
Teenah,
Thank you!!! I really like duck, and have had goose that I like as well. Had quail just the other night, but I just can't seem to muster the courage to eat pheasant again without some kind of recipe....... Happy hunting!
Debbie
Posted By: f095 Re: ByWarren - 10/16/03 09:41 PM
pedro1 - you are just too funny. Can't wait to meet you.
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: ByWarren - 10/16/03 10:20 PM
As if peasants don't have it bad enough...now you rich guys are shooting them and sharing how to cook them. I'm e-mailing the human rights commission!! mad mad mad mad mad
Posted By: Debbie Re: ByWarren - 10/16/03 10:43 PM
Mr. Tornton.....
Do you have something against the letter "h"? :p
Debbie
Posted By: Ernie B Re: ByWarren - 10/16/03 11:44 PM
CALL PEDRO AT ONCE !!!!! NO "H"? HOW DARE YOU, BILL ?
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: ByWarren - 10/17/03 02:13 AM
Me thinks bywarren is stuck in a bunker with no electricity and knee deep in the old proverbial-at least I hope so-is it possible we will never hear from our hero again.
Posted By: bywarren Re: ByWarren - 10/17/03 03:25 AM
It is possible Pedro, but I hope not probable. I just got to South Dakota this PM. Will start defending myself against the killer birds on Sat.
Teenah, give them the recipe for pheasant with the cream cheese. It is my quick and easy way to enjoy them.
Be careful you guys, you never know when I am watching or not. :p

PS: Pedro, Moe, Curly or Larry would probably qualify as one of your heros. laugh
Posted By: Teenah Re: ByWarren - 10/17/03 05:53 AM
bywarren,

I don't have the cream cheese recipe, but below is my personal favorite for cooking pheasants.

Clean the boneless breasts and the legs well. This includes digging out all the shotgun bb's and feathers wink The shotgun bb's are hell on the dental work, and the feathers can get stuck between your teeth.

Roll the bird in flour. Season and brown each piece in a deep skillet.

Mix one can of Cream of Mushroom soup and a 16 oz container of sour cream until well blended. Pour this soup mixture over the meat and cover. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Serve pheasant and "gravy" with mashed potatoes or over pasta. This recipe tastes wonderful with no seasoning at all, but I recommend using your own personal favorite. I've also added onion, mushroom,& artichoke hearts before baking.

Debbie, I've been making this for years and it's always a hit. It really doesn't get any easier than this, does it?

Teenah
Posted By: bywarren Re: ByWarren - 10/17/03 11:21 AM
Teena: I sent it to you along with the goose recipes. Here it is again.

Pheasants: I love to do a pot pie with pheasants. Takes a long time.

Other way, fillet breasts, pound thin, roll up with a slice of cream cheese, onion and garlic salt. Melt butter and dip breast in and then coat with corn check cereal that has been crushed up. Bake at 375 about 35 minutes. Just be sure not to over cook.

I will be eating that tomorrow night. smile
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: ByWarren - 10/17/03 11:55 AM
By, would that be fresh bird? total confidence!!! Happy hunting to you.

Man, you guys are making me hungry.....
Posted By: klcman Re: ByWarren - 10/17/03 01:06 PM
Pheasant at 4:55AM DB?? Decadent! wink
Posted By: Debbie Re: ByWarren - 10/17/03 02:19 PM
Bywarren and Teenah!
BOTH recipes sound heavenly!! I love atichokes and mushrooms, and ANYTHING with cream cheese is good! wink Much better than that orange marmalade crap..... Blah!! eek I'm going to print these and then find a pheasant! Have fun hunting and be safe.
Debbie
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: ByWarren - 10/17/03 05:58 PM
ByWarren - Heroes(sp)
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: ByWarren - 10/18/03 08:16 AM
Take 2 field fresh peasants, cracker them together til unconscienceness, de-cloth, wash thoughtly with warm water, run through an egg wash, throw them over a large vat of refried beans; wha la: Peasants con frioles. Serve with a smile. :p :p
Posted By: Teenah Re: ByWarren - 10/19/03 08:01 PM
Hey Bywarren,

How's the hunting? Have you run across my husband yet? If you do, tell him that my flight to AC is booked! HA! laugh Paybacks are hell..... cool

Teenah
Posted By: dbdoberman Re: ByWarren - 11/10/03 12:35 PM
Hey ByWarren, how goes it? You ready to get back to AC now? How somebody could choose hunting in the frozen tundra, instead of being WARM in AC is beyond me, haha. Hope you have enjoyed a successful season. You must be enjoying yourself, you haven't bothered to post on the "controversial" thread!
Posted By: Chloe Re: ByWarren - 11/10/03 02:51 PM
Quite possible Bywarren has gone to Panama with Susangg!!!
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: ByWarren - 11/11/03 06:16 AM
Susangg and Bywarren in Panama during eclipes of the full moon...could be bad trouble!!
Posted By: rickcheri Re: ByWarren - 11/12/03 06:44 PM
Soak your "wild game", especially venison, in milk for 12 hours before cooking....it takes the "gamey" taste away!!!!! I would LOVE some Venison Jerkey!!!!!! Anyone????? C
Posted By: patrickh Re: ByWarren - 11/14/03 07:10 PM
rickcheri - I just happen to have some venison jerkey in my frig and I'm also headed to San Pedro tommorrow
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board