AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Jeanette Anderson

Posted By: cambriagal

Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 12:31 AM

I am bringing Ms. Anderson a tea kettle, a set of dishes, table ware, any other suggestions? I will be there 3/10.
Posted By: cambriagal

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 04:00 AM

I also have a cordless phone and a T.V. Does anyone know what size clothes and shoes Jeanette wears.
Posted By: rickcheri

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 06:11 AM

Jeanette is a rather "small" woman....I used to be walking my dogs when she left with her "cart" everday.....she is a good woman.....does anyone know if Miss Peggy is doing OK??? I miss them both-VERY WISE PEople......anything you can do for her I'm sure will be MUCH appreciated!!! Rick and I have done quite a few "benefits" for SP and it's people...not sure if Chris or Peter ever were involved or came to those??? Anyone reaching out to someone in need.....well, may God ALWAYS and in ALL WAYS BLESS YOU!!!! I would say she is a 4-6 size...likes straw hates...no shoes.....and could probably use ANYTHING you could bring,,...keep in touch on here!!!!! I will email Ms. Peggy before you arrive to see what's needed!!!!! THANK YOU!!! C
Posted By: kerry

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 09:27 AM

i would like to help jeanette also....i am moving down, to corozal, but will be in san pedro, may 23rd - june 1....i have lots of clothes that i wasn't planning on bringing with me....but if she could use some t-shirts, etc....let me know....i can probably fit some extras in my luggage.....kerry.....who should i contact to find out what i can bring for her????
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 02:31 PM

Chris, my reading guess...Maybe Cheri didn't know either of you, at that time confused
Posted By: bywarren

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 02:48 PM

There is something that one size fits all and can get most of what a person needs and is alot easier to pack than all the clothes, utensils etc that is being talked about.

There are also people who like to tell everyone about all the good things they have done for San Pedro. There also are some people, when the total picture is known, are very, very bad for San Pedro and do some very bad and illegal things. There are also some people who should take Chris's advice when he gives it so I can delete this part of my message.
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 02:55 PM

Is it just me or am I missing something here. I've re-read Cheri's post 3 times and I can't see what Chris is talking about... I think all she was asking was if Chris was involved? Is that it?
Should I not lay awake at night worrying about this?

Prez Bill... where the heck are you when we need your guidance! eek

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 03:01 PM

Jeanette will never ger her day, people read way too much into something if someone isn't in the click. My next guess confused

Yes, the Prez is needed wink
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 03:19 PM

That's how I was reading Cheri's post as well, Denny, and I thought she was blessing Chris and Pedro for being involved in Jeanette's benefit.

You are right By, greenbacks can do it all, but I bet Jeanette will be thrilled to receive the household goods folks are bringing to her. Kerry is on her way down to live there, so it won't be hard for her to pack up a few things for Jeanette. BTW Kerry, good luck on your move, enjoy every day, and I am jealous as hell!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 04:05 PM

There is one thing that comes in many colors and fits everybody - money. Devastating events like fires leave one feeling powerless - re-gaining a sense of personal power is essential to getting on with life. There is a sad but healing adventure in making fresh choices - buying this dish, that clock, that new dress. It is an active way to regain a sense of personal power.

A rather special person told me about an interesting exercise - for one month, skip lunch on Wednesday. Let the hunger remind you of people that are having hard times. Sit with your hunger; open your heart to both kindness and gratitude. After four weeks, take the money you would have spent on lunch, put it in an envelope and give it to somebody who needs it. In four short weeks you will be looking and feeling a whole lot better both inside and out.

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 04:36 PM

Isn’t it interesting how people interpret the United States language in different ways? I would call it the English language, but that is the gibberish that Pedro writes. When a person has a face to face conversation they have the advantage of noticing the other persons body language, facial expressions, etc. that helps them to decide what, if any, the other person might be inferring if different from what the words actually say.

Now in this medium of cyberspace where we only have the words to use to form our opinions on what is written, one must rely on only that – the written words.

I interpreted what Chris was saying to mean that some people should not use this topic to be self serving and tell what good they have done. It was intended to be a topic about what Jeannette needs. That is why I suggested what db correctly interpreted as money.

After seeing how Chris’s and Cheri’s words were interpreted in different ways, I am fearful that my words will also be interpreted in ways other than what they actually say. Oh Well.

PS: Diane that was excellent and right on the subject. Not partially on the subject and mostly off the subject like some of us. You are a good example. smile

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 07:20 PM

Those who know me and know me WELL.....know I am not self-serving.....I SERVE...it's what we were ALL put here to do. Anyone in Texas or close by going down soon..email me [email protected] Is Jeanette staying with Miss Peggy? Chris-sorry you took it the wrong way. Thought maybe if you'd been to any of the benefits, I could give some pointers or you could use some of our ideas....guess they're not needed. Hope it goes GREAT for her!!! And no, I'm not editing anything-neither should you. PEACE BE WITH YOU..... :p

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/21/04 08:44 PM

It's strange that the editing was done, after I read what was actually said. Hmmm...
And so be it the way you wish it to be, yours.
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/22/04 12:09 AM

eek :rolleyes: confused wink frown smile

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/22/04 02:04 AM

The Prez returns smile
Posted By: indygal

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/22/04 03:09 AM

Rick?Cheri-how much money will you contribute??
Posted By: silkpainter

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/22/04 03:22 AM

Are our memories so short that we all forgot how much Rick/Cheri did for the victims of hurricane Keith? Collecting donations, shipping clothing, medicine, bins, boxes, accepting collect phone calls from people in need. Anybody remember the hurricane in Placencia, the fundraiser? If it was self serving, maybe it came from a place in their heart that needed to serve others, and that was how it they served themselves. I didn't see any mud being thrown in anyone's direction.

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/22/04 03:23 AM

Indygal eek
Posted By: Mosquitorose

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/22/04 03:27 AM

MY, my, my...what's not to understand? ok let me splain lol

Jeanette is a rather "small" woman....I used to be walking my dogs when she left with her "cart" everday.....she is a good woman.....does anyone know if Miss Peggy is doing OK??? I miss them both-VERY WISE PEople......

SHE IS JUST TALKING ABOUT jEANETTE HERE

anything you can do for her I'm sure will be MUCH appreciated!!! Rick and I have done quite a few "benefits" for SP and it's people...

RECOUNTING THE BENEFITS THEY HAVE DONE FOR SP AND THE PEOPLE.

not sure if Chris or Peter ever were involved or came to those???

THIS IS THE STATEMENT I THINK CHRIS IS TAKING ISSUE WITH....(THE BENEFITS)

Anyone reaching out to someone in need.....well, may God ALWAYS and in ALL WAYS BLESS YOU!!!! I would say she is a 4-6 size...likes straw hates...no shoes.....and could probably use ANYTHING you could bring,,...keep in touch on here!!!!! I will email Ms. Peggy before you arrive to see what's needed!!!!! THANK YOU!!! C

HERE SHE IS BLESSING CAMBRIAGAL FOR REACHING OUT TO SOMEONE IN NEED..

NOW I UNDERSTOOD ALL THAT...REAL WELL!
Posted By: Mosquitorose

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/22/04 03:44 AM

I am a great believer of...that charity starts at home...I believe if you are going to do something for someone....do it with all your heart or none at all...when giving to charity or helping the needy...speaking for myself only...I will question if my family needs also...I could very well be helping my family and not have enough to go around to strangers....therefore if someone were to criticize me for not showing up for fund raisers that I have no intentions of contributing to …I would be very offended….after all its my business...as to what and to whom I give….
Posted By: Chris

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/22/04 05:53 AM

Cheri, no need to explain your post, I know what you meant.

I see there was quite a snow storm in Texas this past week! Hope you didn't get hit too hard where you are.
Posted By: Chris

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/22/04 06:20 AM

Pedro, how dare you question me. There was LOADS of the white stuff in Texas.
Posted By: o jackie

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/22/04 02:31 PM

eek

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/22/04 04:04 PM

The first fund raiser/benefit was held at Coconut's last night. It raised in excess of $4000 and continued at Fido's. The next will be at Ramon's on Tuesday. smile

Corey McDermott's son performed and will be at Ramon's Tuesday. He is definately worth hearing if you are here.
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/23/04 02:45 AM

Chloe has been away for a couple of days.

Good to read that Jeanette Anderson is getting our attention, to meet some of her needs, and that is a good thing.

Who cares how any of you read another's post, just help Jeanette, and leave the explaining in each person's own personal heart. Thanks.

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/24/04 02:13 AM

Great posts to Diane and Chloe!!! Hope the other benefits are GREAT!!!!! C

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/28/04 06:27 AM

Hello friends, please do not forget about Jeanette's benefit. Be a giver.
Posted By: crockhunter

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/28/04 04:08 PM

What's wrong with some of you? This was a post about helping someone who's house burned down. We attended the benefit at Coconuts and left with a warm feeling for the people of San Pedro...........knowing that once again they were helping someone in need. Forget about your petty issues and stick to the subject.

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 02/28/04 09:00 PM

Thanks Crochunter.

Mail a check, if you can't be there with $$$$.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 03/03/04 09:21 PM

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 03/04/04 07:52 AM

^5

Loved seeing Jeanette's picture in the newspaper online.

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 03/04/04 08:53 PM

Moving Jeanette up to the top once again.
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 03/05/04 03:01 PM

I may have overlooked this somewhere, but where do we mail checks for Jeanette? How is the fundraising going?

Re: Jeanette Anderson - 03/05/04 06:44 PM

Dob do you still have my email addy?

If so E me.

Sorry your E addy got lost, when stressed and deleting one day.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board