AmbergrisCaye.com Home

BTL doubled the DSL speed!

Posted By: Chris

BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/06/04 02:40 AM

You know, BTL has taken a bashing over the years on this forum, but they really also deserve credit where credit is due. Just got this in the mail:

"BTL Doubles the Speed for DSL Customers

Monday May 3rd , 2004 - Belize Telecommunications Limited today announced that the
Company has doubled the speed for all its existing DSL High Speed Internet customers.
BTL has automatically provided customers with twice their bandwidth for the same
monthly access fee they were originally paying.

Customers will be able to continue enjoying an “always on” connection available 24
hours per day with much higher download speeds of up to 128K, 256K, 512K and now,
1Mb. The Company will also continue to expand the DSL service within the next few
months, to make it accessible to more customers throughout the country."

I think it's a wonderful thing...completely out of the blue.....and I have to say that their DSL support has been great...we've had outages on Ambergris Caye but the guys at BTL have been quick to fix the problems even on weekend nights.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/12/04 02:52 AM

What a prat!! -DSL sucks -we have not been able to sign up into hotmail for seven days-at the moment it is an unmitigated disaster,and does not look like it is getting any better in the foreseeable future-do not trust Tottenham Hotspur supportes(for you uninitiated members he supports a very poor football team)
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/12/04 02:54 AM

My DSL works perfectly, and has been continuously providing high-speed service. Congrats to BTL!
Posted By: wannaBEthere

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/12/04 03:02 AM

I'll trade a connection of 26.4 with anyone who has DSL. (oh and you get the "disconnects" for absolutely free) Any bidders???? Going once, going twice .... drats, looks like I'm stuck with it.

laugh

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/12/04 04:54 AM

Jesse...mine has been working perfectly tooo....but that is because I don't use Hotmail email. Fact is, ol' Pedro is right...Hotmail and MSN users are, at the present time, screwed. I've called BTL about 18 times in the past 6 days about the problem, no joy. It's every single DSL subscriber who uses Hotmail that is affected. I get to speak to a really "high up" person tomorrow! Let's see if he can fix it.

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/12/04 05:46 PM

As usual Jesse cannot read a message in its entirety

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/12/04 06:21 PM

My DSL is still working perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/13/04 06:31 AM

Jesse, do you use Hotmail or MSN mail?

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/13/04 02:43 PM

No... and my DSL works perfectly!
Posted By: o jackie

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/13/04 04:32 PM

Gee, Jesse, how is your DSL working?

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/13/04 06:25 PM

Perfectly! Except when the electricity went off this morning...
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/13/04 08:00 PM

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing such difficulties, but, i would trade my high speed sbc dsl that never drops me off to be able to walk to work each day in the sand.
Posted By: o jackie

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/14/04 04:12 AM

And pretty much a lot of everything else I have, just to walk in the sand every morning,afternoon and night.
Jackie
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/14/04 04:16 AM

Ya, me too frown

How are you doing Jackie? Fully recovered from you last trip? Been wondering how you are.

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/14/04 04:21 AM

Try trading with Pedro1. He seems to be unhappy here.
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/14/04 04:42 AM

Deal! do I get to keep Charlie?

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/15/04 04:24 AM

Jesse-having had a superb lunch today-I have been told that I have to worry about my calory intake(watching you drive by made me think that perhaps you would kindly inform me about which successful diet you follow,and that might just put me in a better mood.

Re: BTL doubled the DSL speed! - 05/15/04 04:28 AM

Jessie and Pedro went a bit off topic....I am happy to inform the world that the BTL DSL now includes working Hotmail and MSN.

But, Pedro and Jessie both seem to be having fun so I hope no-one removes their posts.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board