AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Man shot by puppy

Posted By: MALIBU

Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 04:41 PM

Posted on Thu, Sep. 09, 2004

Dog Wiggles Paw Free to Shoot Florida Man

Associated Press

PENSACOLA, Fla. - A man who tried to shoot seven puppies was shot himself when one of the dogs put its paw on the revolver's trigger.

Jerry Allen Bradford, 37, was charged with felony animal cruelty, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday. He was being treated at a hospital for a gunshot wound to his wrist.

Bradford said he decided to shoot the 3-month-old shepherd-mix dogs in the head because he couldn't find them a home, according to the sheriff's office.

On Monday, Bradford was holding two puppies - one in his arms and another in his left hand - when the dog in his hand wiggled and put its paw on the trigger of the .38-caliber revolver. The gun then discharged, the sheriff's report said.

Deputies found three of the puppies in a shallow grave outside Bradford's home, said sheriff's Sgt. Ted Roy.

The other four appeared to be in good health and were taken by Escambia County Animal Control, which planned to make them available for adoption.
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 04:59 PM

I knew it! I just knew I would live long enough to see the animals fighting back! eek
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 05:09 PM

Oh God!!

More fuel for Bywarren and his support of "the gun lobby" - now, he will no doubt actively campaign for the use of tanks and RPG'S against our furry friends.
Posted By: bywarren

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 05:14 PM

Pedro, I taught that puppy how to shoot and defend himself and his loved ones. laugh

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 05:14 PM

Well, dare we say another case of the 'criminal' being taken, err wounded, by his own weapon.

by - if more cases of the gun totin' bugger being shot by his/her own gun would surface, maybe just maybe these dudes will come around.

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 05:29 PM

pedro

I wanted to make SURE you got my message in case, because of shame, you refuse to look at the insulting thread again.

Here is it: BITE ME %[email protected]!&*

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 09:09 PM

Malibu

Why on earth should i reply to an obviously uneducated moron who spends most of his/her life wishing to be somewhere else.

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 09:15 PM

you just replied

What makes you think I am uneducated, wish to be elsewhere?

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 09:18 PM

BY

I am delighted to hear that you have successfully taught our furry friends to shoot back-so obviously when you come back we will be regaled of the huge "Moose Wars of 2004"

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 09:38 PM

Are you thinking of signing up Charlie for my class? I would give you special rate. smile
Posted By: Catatonic Motivator

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 09:50 PM

I got a cat that's hell in a knife fight.

Bring on the dogs!
Posted By: Zagnut

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 10:58 PM

Jerry Allen Bradford, 37, was charged with felony animal cruelty,
So if, after finding that nobody wanted these puppies, he had done the right thing and taken them to the city's animal control, what would animal control have done to those poor little puppies after they couldn't find anybody to adopt them? Should animal control then be charged with animal cruelty as well? A quick bullet to the head is no more cruel than what animal control would have done to them. In fact it's probably less cruel because they wouldn't have to spend a week scared sh*tless, in a tiny cage first.

Just a little food for thought.

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/09/04 11:08 PM

Actually, the puppies would have been adopted out. The different SPCA units transfer animals that have been under their care. They give them a few weeks and then move them to a different location.

This however is not to belittle your point. I agree with you. BUT, what is the alternative? I think injecting animals is, to use the terms, more humane than sticking a gun to their small, lovable faces and pulling the trigger.

BTW, I do not buy this guys story that he couldn't find a home for the animal.

The only fault I find with this story is that I would have wished the puppy had better aim. eek
Posted By: Gela

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/10/04 12:01 AM

Yeh, Denny - I was thinking the same thing. Too bad the guy wasn't wounded a bit more seriously.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/10/04 12:25 AM

ARUGGGGGGG..... What ever happened to "Love Thy Brother"? confused

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/10/04 12:42 AM

I'm sorry Ernie... love thy brother???? what are you inferring here... this is a family board. If you want to ummm "love thy brother", I suggest a visit to www.incest.com... laugh eek

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/10/04 01:42 AM

All right, I have to admit this puppy did not graduate at the top of my class in markmanship. I am considering putting up a picture of Pedro instead of a bulls eye to hopefully instill more motivation to excell in the aiming skills. laugh
Posted By: SlimJim

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/10/04 05:31 AM

What's next? Cows with Guns? eek

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/cowswithguns.php

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/10/04 08:30 AM

Funny website slimjim... very funny. eek
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/10/04 03:44 PM

Can you say spay and neuter
Posted By: Zagnut

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/10/04 07:51 PM

The SPCA in my home town is quite often over crowded. Sometimes they find a new home for the critters...sometimes they don't. If they can't, or they have no facilities to cope with the overflow, the overflow are sent to the pound and euthanized after 3 to 4 days or so....at least that's what the SPCA told me. However, in this case, you are probably right. The puppies... or at least some of them, would have had a better chance with the SPCA. There would be a better than 0% chance that the SPCA would have had room for some if not all of the puppies. Puppies, especially if they are cute, stand a better chance of being adopted than older dogs. Their chance with the shooter was close to 0% (it would would have been 0% if the guy wasn't stupid enough to let a dog shoot him) so, in that regard, you are probably correct about the SPCA scenario....but felony charges?...

Call animal control! We have an escaped goat on our hands!

Get it?!.. escaped goat?!.... Get it?!.....wow! tough crowd!...

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week!
Posted By: Now Danny

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/11/04 12:48 PM

I heard on the news they named the dog "triger" and his brothers winchester, colt.and remington. Good dog! :p
Posted By: Everglades

Re: Man shot by puppy - 09/23/04 06:43 PM

Zagnut, All week?.... please don't stay on our account.

Just kidding, you have some good material there.

Jerry Seinfeld got his start that way.

I can see it now, The Zagnut Show, Live from New York.

Do you need a manager?
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board