AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Ernie B KLC-Wal-Mart - 10/01/04 07:52 PM
KLC, I think some weeks ago, you ask why Wal-Mart Would not allow the Salvation Army to put their bell ringers on their property. I forgot to give you the answer before I was "misplaced". Reading "Toads" W-M trip remimded me that I still owed you a reply.

A group of mis-fit hustlers, winos, street people decided they to would solicitate "donations" at a W-M store. If the Salvation Army could, they also could. W-M has had a no soliciation policy for years but allowed the S.A. anyway. When some ACLU lawyer got wind of this he represented this group of odd balls and W-M had to remove the S.A.

It is my understanding that Target Stores will inforce the same policy and the S.A. BellRingers will not be allowed back this season at their store fronts.

Hope this answers your question.

Ernie
Posted By: klcman Re: KLC-Wal-Mart - 10/01/04 08:38 PM
Thanks Ernie for the update.

Apparently W-M is not consistent with that policy, however. I recently had a conversation with someone about this and was told he "personally" had seen a group of bikers soliciting funds at W-M for the homeless.

Apparently Harley & Honda riders are looked upon more favorably than the SA.....at least in one circumstance. Both org's trying to do good with entirely different results.....go figure.

Still won't shop there tho wink
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board