AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: mobunny phony doctor arrested in BZ - 10/08/04 03:49 PM
Anybody know where this idiot was teaching medicine or where he was arrested? Just curious. mobunny

Feds say phony doctor arrested in Belize
Friday,October8,2004,6:35 AM

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. A South Florida man wanted on charges of posing as a doctor and botching cosmetic surgery has been arrested in Belize, where he was teaching medicine.
Federal agents say Reinaldo Silvestre is charged with organized fraud, aggravated battery, practicing medicine without a license and grand theft. He will remain in custody in Belize until he is formally extradited to the United States.

Investigators say Silvestre performed operations on champion bodybuilder Alexander Baez and at least two women, resulting in gross disfigurement and severe physical and emotional pain. Police say Baez went to Silvestre's Ocean Health Center in Miami Beach to have his pectoral muscles enhanced. But he woke up to find he had been given female breast implants.

Baez' attorney also says veterinary anesthesia was used on his client, who woke up three times during the procedure.
Posted By: coconutlady Re: phony doctor arrested in BZ - 10/08/04 04:56 PM
I bet I could make a pretty damn good guess.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: phony doctor arrested in BZ - 10/08/04 06:00 PM
Belize City
Belize City
Posted By: Everglades Re: phony doctor arrested in BZ - 10/14/04 08:58 PM
" Police say Baez went to Silvestre's Ocean Health Center in Miami Beach to have his pectoral muscles enhanced."

gee, I always thought they got that way from exercise.
Posted By: Everglades Re: phony doctor arrested in BZ - 10/14/04 09:04 PM
"Baez' attorney also says veterinary anesthesia was used on his client, who woke up three times during the procedure."

It's rumored that the first time he woke up he barked.
The second and third time, he just said, "Duh".
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board