AmbergrisCaye.com Home

It's Over Folks

Posted By: Denny Shane

It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 01:32 AM

Time to move on....

The election is over folks and the US is still here and hasn't slipped off into the Pacific, Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico.

While I have enjoyed somewhat a lot of the postings in other sections here, I think the time has come to put all the crap, name calling, wishful thinking and bullshit away... until the next election. If I had the power to delete some postings I would have even though it goes against my grain to hinder freedom of expression, blah, blah, blah.

It's fun to be humorous, come up with clever comebacks, etc... but some of the postings are downright unbelievable and snipish. Snipish is being nice.

My grandfather use to tell me not to get too wrapped up in political parties... he said long after he's dead and buried people will still be bitching and moaning... he's been dead now about 20 years... and he was right. And after you are dead and buried your children will be on here bitching and moaning all over again. It's called democracy. That's what is great about our nation... we get all kinds of people running for office... just like we get all kinds of kooks voting. It sure beats the alternative.

Have fun folks... we're done until the next election. eek
Posted By: LJ

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 02:11 AM

Amen to that.
Posted By: klcman

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 02:23 AM

tell us how you really feel Mr treas laugh

gramps was wise owl
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 05:36 AM

done
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 02:57 PM

it's not over for me until michigan kicks ohio st.'s ass this weekend.
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 03:31 PM

Done

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 04:23 PM

OMG. Judge, is it possible to rule contempt, please? P1 is hanging on his tattered rope laugh
Posted By: CrackerLarry

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 04:27 PM

Speaking of wise gramps, where has By Warren been?

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 04:29 PM

ah yes, he too is missing.

Oh where O where has __ _____ _____ gone? eek

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 04:31 PM

now now DP - you may have a longer wait than you think - they don't play until Nov 20

....but if you meant Mich STATE, then the wait may be less since they do meet this weekend. (they way the Buckeyes have played this year, I really don't think they have much butt left to kick)

sad to say, seeing that I'm an ALUM frown

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 04:54 PM

Posted By: Bearfoot Gibby

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 05:03 PM

The Buckeyes will be beating up on the Spartans this weekend. You'll have to wait a couple of weeks for The Ohio State University to whoop on Meatchicken.
Posted By: alaurieb

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 05:03 PM

klcman ... although they have not given us much to cheer for this year - don't give up hope. The Buckeyes are full of surprises.

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 05:36 PM

I know laurie, I know.........what a year , first the Sox, then W, and now the Bucks woohoooooooooooooooooo
Posted By: bywarren

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/05/04 10:39 PM

Crackerlarry: I am busy in South Dakota for now. I have not seen anything on the Board that I felt compelled to reply to, other than maybe this, but then the "Judge" said all I thought needed to be said and did a good job of it. smile
Posted By: DrewLori

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/06/04 08:33 AM

Got Bush?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/06/04 06:56 PM

Geeeeeezzzzz - what part of "It's over Folks" do you not get? :rolleyes: Move on already . . .
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: It's Over Folks - 11/06/04 08:40 PM

#@%%$&*(&&@!!!!!!!!!
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board