AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave

Posted By: Lizardqueen1954

Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 05:09 AM

the land of the free and the home of the brave before it becomes a total theocracy of evangelical ultra right wing Christians. We believe in separation of church and state and now, after this election, lots of things that we wish would not have been, SHALL be shoved down our throats.

If this is majority rule, then this is mob rule and we want a better life for our 14 year old son.

We have Belize at the top of our list of places we would like to emmigrate to; as soon as we can get out of Dodge!!!

Extremists of any kind are dangerous when they are one way or another and this time around, religious zealots are holding the keys to the kingdom..as it were.

LizardQueen
Posted By: dbdoberman

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 05:28 AM

bye....
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 11:02 AM

I thought we were finished with this topic? eek

Look, for a couple hundred years now, after an election there are lunatics that swear the US is gonna completely blow up ... we're still here.

If you don't like the system: register to vote, get the petitions, get on the ballot and run for God damned office, get frigging elected and change things.

But whatever you do, please do not move to Belize. That country doesn't need any more problems. Move someplace where your ranting and ravings would be appreciated... like, dunno... Cuba eek

If you're not willing to get off your lazy ass and get elected (or at the least, vote) then quit your whining and bitching.

Ahem.... eek

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 12:13 PM

and furthermore.....

If I have offended anyone with my posting above, then I am sorry. My intention was not to infer, endorse or aggrevate anyone in particular. Just blowing off some steam.

Actually, on second thought... no, I'm not sorry... if you got pissed, then too bad... go back to bed, wake up again and be happy you're alive and living in a country where you can express your opinions openly. But what's really great about this country is you have the right to spout off all kinds of nonsense... but you also have to prepare to be visited upon by dissenting and opposing retaliation. Have a nice day laugh
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 12:19 PM

...very anti-social...I like it!!
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 12:36 PM

...anyone in San Pedro for Christmas?
Posted By: Pilgrim

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 02:04 PM

Amen Denny Shane
Now tell us what you REALLY think....LOL
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 02:13 PM

In politics, no one ever "lets" you win to make you feel better. The myth that the ultra right evangelicals swung the election is bunk. Just an excuse for not having a better platform or candidate. If and when the left gets into office, they will probably prevent christians from voting.

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 02:16 PM

Can I be in charge of who or whom gets thrown into the lions den? No, no... that's too brutal... lemme think here.... how about buried alive with 10,000 flesh eating cockroaches? MMMMMM yes, that's the ticket. eek
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 02:42 PM

I know a biker bar that can supply the cockroaches real cheep!

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 02:51 PM

I bet! laugh eek
Posted By: MALIBU

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 03:26 PM

Good bye.... hey, wait. I though YA'LL were going to Canada. Either way - hasta la muy luego
Posted By: CrackerLarry

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 03:38 PM

Extremists of any kind are dangerous when they are one way or another and this time around, religious zealots are holding the keys to the kingdom..as it were.

LizardQueen

Sounds a bit extreme to me. I hear the weather is nice in Falluja.
Posted By: govikes

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 03:54 PM

Member #7009? This reeks of 'troll'.

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 03:59 PM

govikes: don't encourage her to stay here with us!! by telling her what any person should know, toofeys or not, you might just enlighten her. :p

"Ain't got no drivers license, ain't got no credit card, and I definately ain't got no toofeys"
Posted By: DrewLori

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 05:06 PM

Denny Shane- as always, right on the money!

govikes- I was thinking the same thing. Either "7009" is a "troll" or just a new boarder & didnt know they'd get blown up. Figuratively speaking of course! laugh

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 05:53 PM

Originally posted by DrewLori:
Denny Shane- as always, right on the money!

Now see that Ernie, you could take a little lesson from the wise and beautiful Lori. eek
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 06:13 PM

Leviticus 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Could the moral majority of this board provide clarification? Why can't I own Canadians too?

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 06:16 PM

Well, I can see that a chatroom is no place to "feel out" a country.

We'll check it out in the spring, if so inclined, but thanks for showing your true colors here.

PS. We did everything we could except cheat to try to get our man elected.....donations, calls, everything.

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 06:18 PM

and anyway, Jamaica is beautiful and we would probably be more welcome there!!!

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 06:31 PM

YEAH, Thats a great idea ! You would fit right in with all that Voodoo, mumbo jumbo.

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 06:34 PM

Jamaica! YES!! Absolutely gorgeous island. Stop by Couples Resort, make sure your 14 year old is with you. He'll love it.

If you don't like Couples, try Hedonism... that's my favorite! eek

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 06:36 PM

dog... Canadians are a neighboring country. Your friend is wrong. Send him to Jamaica. eek

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 06:39 PM

HA! I knew it !!!!! HIZ HONER at a skin club!!! Who has the camera? laugh

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 07:10 PM

Actually, the people there are kind and helpful and I've been there 3 times. It's creepy people like you that I really want to get away from...screw Belize; I'll go where I am appreciated, even if it is for $$...at least they are honest about it.

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 07:12 PM

Originally posted by Denny Shane:
Jamaica! YES!! Absolutely gorgeous island. Stop by Couples Resort, make sure your 14 year old is with you. He'll love it.

If you don't like Couples, try Hedonism... that's my favorite! eek
We stayed in Ochos Rios and our 14 year old had a wonderful time, thank you!!!

Yer just a bunch of smart mouth MOFO's apparently.

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 07:16 PM

Well, That was easier than I thought. WIFF, she's gone!

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 07:29 PM

Originally posted by immissing:
Well, That was easier than I thought. WIFF, she's gone!
You should be so lucky!!!

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 07:33 PM

but on the other hand, if it's rednecks I want to live with, I can go south of the Mason-Dixon line...

but not in so nice a spot as ya'll have run to..
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 07:36 PM

LQ1954....only a few members of the board actually live in Belize....most are wannabe gringos.

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 08:00 PM

Well maybe you should check out the waters first before you dive right in... First off you come on here and the first thing out of your mouth is you're leaving the U.S. because we're all Satan lovers.... what did you expect? Did you think you would be welcomed with open arms? You need to concentrate on your approach... maybe then you won't get attacked almost immediately.

Had you bothered to look around first you would have realized that the majority of the people here frequent Belize often, and most own property and consider it a second home.

You got off on the wrong footing here. Change your attitude and maybe you'll be accepted. Maybe. eek
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 08:30 PM

For the most part, the people on this board are NOTHING like the people that actually live in Belize. Come visit and see what you think.
Posted By: Chris

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 08:41 PM

I live in Belize.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 09:28 PM

they're from Joisey - whattya expect (CJ excluded)

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 10:01 PM

I think that was directed at me Chris, not you... eek
Posted By: belizelaw

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 10:02 PM

On behalf of fellow boardmembers, I'm very disappointed at the insensitivity being demonstrated here. I think, perhaps, this could be what you're looking for:

http://www.bocanews.com/index.php?s...PSESSID=dbedc967e0ac261e440983dcdc5d7660
Posted By: Bobber

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 10:08 PM

I find this amusing. For the record, I do not live in Belize. I suggest LQ check out the socialized healthcare in Belize, or how much of the health insurance the employers pay. How about whatever the equivalent of social security is? How about security? Want to live on the ocean, prepare to pay for the privilege. A lot of great paying jobs around to subsidize your villa. At the very least, you can choose not to participate in any religion if you don't want to, unlike the US.
(pull tongue out of cheek).
Just my opinion.

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 10:23 PM

LOL!!!!!! Been a while since I've seen something so funny! 'Kerry post-election selection trauma’.

What will they think of next. See, now here is another example of free enterprise - primarily found in the US. And this one is for the Demo lefties. Kwit yur bitchen and become a psycolo...

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 10:30 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but on the other hand, if it's rednecks I want to live with, I can go south of the Mason-Dixon line...

but not in so nice a spot as ya'll have run to..

Geez, now she's gonna badmouth me, too. She might actually last longer in Belize than she will in the South, with that attitude.

Lizard Queen, you might want to study the red/blue election maps before you head this way.

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 10:32 PM

Only in South Florida, Malibu. This wouldn't happen in GA. We'd be laughing too hard.

Will the last American to leave Florida please bring the flag?
Posted By: RobertE

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 10:38 PM

That's the problem with the South. The pompous good ol boy attitude. I can say this as I grew up in South Georgia and got smart and got the hell out of such a backwards place

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 10:39 PM

Where'd ya go?
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 10:59 PM

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1108-01.htm
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/09/04 11:14 PM

klcman thanks for the joisey exclusion ..
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/10/04 12:02 AM

LQ,

Opinions are like, well, you know. Everybody has one and nobody thinks their own stinks.

The folks here are really super nice and, for the most part, don't get into US politics. We all have enough of our own issues to deal with.

The folks with posts above do not represent Belize or Ambergris Caye. Most don't live here and only seem bitter because they wish they could. As you can tell, they don't have much to do either. Ya gotta kinda feel sorry for em! I do.

After all, who is doing all the "ranting and raving" and name calling anyway? Not called for. But, I guess we should expect that from HIS supporters.

The local residents will welcome you here and your son is sure to make lifelong friends. It is a great place to raise a family. Imagine going to highschool with a view of the Caribbean.

My folks moved here from NY in the 80's. I hated it a first, but then, after a while, couldn't imagine leaving. I have a family of my own now.

Perhaps keeping it a little less political may get you some "points" on the forums, not that you really need them. We've all kinda "OD'd" on the election issue. What a response you got!

"I throw me corn, but call no fowl" - Bob Marley.

You got them on that one.

The weather is incredible here right now. I walked two miles on the beach from home to work this morning, awesome sunrise over the Barrier Reef.

See ya all soon.

SIN

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/10/04 12:17 AM

Yes, just consider us refugees from a bitter election, a divided country and tired of the fighting all of the time; we too, are sick of it all and wish to live in peace.

(with a view)

ROTFLMAO

Re: Middle of road/leaning left...looking to leave - 11/10/04 12:18 AM

Originally posted by Sir Isaac Newton:
LQ,

Opinions are like, well, you know. Everybody has one and nobody thinks their own stinks.

The folks here are really super nice and, for the most part, don't get into US politics. We all have enough of our own issues to deal with.

The folks with posts above do not represent Belize or Ambergris Caye. Most don't live here and only seem bitter because they wish they could. As you can tell, they don't have much to do either. Ya gotta kinda feel sorry for em! I do.

After all, who is doing all the "ranting and raving" and name calling anyway? Not called for. But, I guess we should expect that from HIS supporters.

The local residents will welcome you here and your son is sure to make lifelong friends. It is a great place to raise a family. Imagine going to highschool with a view of the Caribbean.

My folks moved here from NY in the 80's. I hated it a first, but then, after a while, couldn't imagine leaving. I have a family of my own now.

Perhaps keeping it a little less political may get you some "points" on the forums, not that you really need them. We've all kinda "OD'd" on the election issue. What a response you got!

"I throw me corn, but call no fowl" - Bob Marley.

You got them on that one.

The weather is incredible here right now. I walked two miles on the beach from home to work this morning, awesome sunrise over the Barrier Reef.

See ya all soon.

SIN
Thanks man, you rock!!!!
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board