AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Bio of San Pedro Social Club

Posted By: Ernie B

Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/09/05 03:02 PM

The San Pedro Social Club was unofficially formed on June 12, 2002, by a group of people who love San Pedro. Some of the people in attendance were either residents of San Pedro, former residents or people who visited San Pedro and fell in love with the people and the island. We met at Papa's on the Lake, Lake Conroe, Texas and enjoyed Texas BBQ, a Sunset cruise on a 56' party barge and generally had a great time. One of the residents of San Pedro in attendance brought a piece of silver jewelry hand crafted by an island artisan. As the party wound down, she decided we should auction off the pendant and donate the money to the local Lions club of San Pedro. On this whim we raised $700.00. When we realized how easy and fun that was, the light went on! The next day we started working on the next get together and a way to raise serious money and just what to do with it.

We selected the San Pedro elementary school as our challenge to support as they receive little or no financial support from the Government of Belize. We decided to develop and implement a lunch program for the kids. We raised US$8,000.00 and found out that was not nearly enough to implement such a lunch program. Nor were there existing facilities available to prepare the food and/or serve the food to the children.

NEW CHALLENGE.

This year our goal is to raise US$50,000.00 to construct a lunchroom/kitchen on the school campus and equip the facility to serve a balanced nutritious lunch to the total enrollment of 950 kids. We will again met at Papa's On The Lake this year in May to raffle off week-long lodging in some of San Pedro’s beautiful resorts, hotels, private beach front homes and condos, round-trip air fares and many other items donated by many of the businesses on the island and in the States.

The San Pedro Social Club membership dues are very reasonable at US$25.00 for singles and US$35.00 for couples. Raffle tickets can be purchased for US$35.00 by members and US$50.00 by non-members. You can view all the raffle prizes on the message board at //www.ambergriscaye.com – just look for SPSC General Chat Area.

We have incorporated in the State of Texas as a nonprofit corporation and expect to receive tax exempt status under the IRS CODE 501(c)3, making all donations tax deductible to the donors. The corporation makes the business records and other such information available to each dues paying member on a regular basis and upon request.

For additional information please contact the following:

Ernie Brannon
281-367-5320
[email protected]

Please check out our new web site at
www.sanpedrosc.org
Posted By: HavinFun

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/10/05 05:01 PM

Ernie - Thank you very much for posting the Bio of SPSC. I've printed it and I'm giving it to 4 prospective members!!!!!
Hope to send money soon laugh
Posted By: Windjammer

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/11/05 04:53 AM

It's a great cause, and I too have been pushing membership to many friends as well as new aquaintances. Taking newbies next month to just see what we are trying to do. They too will pass the word, I'm sure of it. Have sent some $$$ more coming from me & many others. Thanks Ernie. smile
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/11/05 11:15 PM

PROUD TO BE A PART OF IT!!!
Posted By: pnowell

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/13/05 04:09 AM

Same here!!!
Posted By: Denny Shane

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/14/05 10:33 PM

me too! wait a sec, am I volunteering for something? eek

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/14/05 10:57 PM

indeed you are :p

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/15/05 12:43 AM

hmmmm Gay... that's a very sinister laugh you've got there. eek
Posted By: sassnfun

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/15/05 08:35 PM

When will the offical website be up??last I heard was January..I will copy/paste this to get it out Ernie

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/17/05 02:11 AM

Trying hard Sassy, soon.

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/17/05 02:44 AM

OK Ernie well let me know if you need help..I can find someone to create a website if there is a glitch Thats where the contributions/donations are.Combine your letter and a website and this can happen in a serious way, and if you can hook up with Paypal to take donations and memberships etc. your really cooking! Just think if everyone on this board mailed it out to their address list and asked them to do the same how far this could go?? eek

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/17/05 05:21 PM

WOW!

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/17/05 09:07 PM

The website will be complete in a few days. I plan to put the "Bio" as part of it and will also include the paypal feature as well. When it is finished Bassam has offered to host it for us, as well as place a link on his home page to us. Thanks Rich Guy !!!
Posted By: klcman

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/18/05 01:28 AM

Just don't put Denny's blog on it or you may soon be seeing some nekkidness laugh

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/19/05 03:07 PM

I just posted (some where) info on our website..... see if you can find it laugh

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/23/05 10:39 PM

Where is it? I've looked everywhere. eek

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/23/05 11:43 PM

Denny, its under the PARTEE-DETAILS, just before the golf shirt offering ...... need more directions? laugh

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/24/05 12:39 AM

Once again ernie, I've listened to your directions. This time it ended up pretty much like the last time I took directions from you... hah!

Anyone else out there that can give me better directions? Wait a minute... am I looking for the link to the website?

and klcman... are you saying my blog is full of nudity at http://djshane.blogspot.com/ ?

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/24/05 02:20 AM

hmmmmmm your honor......I nevah said that. But then, now that u mention it, there is a significant amount of space allocated to "estatuas masculinas desnudas" wink

oh, and one more thing Mr. Treasurer, would you carer to wager the balance remaining in the Anti's coffers on the outcome of the Super Bowl, say giving you 4-1 odds , my Pats against your Eagles??

(ya gotta wait awhile on that link Denny, he was just testing your navigational skills)

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/24/05 02:36 AM

you're on klc... there's exactly 4.73 in the treasury... unless the prez for life squandered it in belize. and I couldn't help the male nude statues.. i wanted to write about female nude statues. eek

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/24/05 06:55 AM

so what sucker did ya get to send ya in $4.73?

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/24/05 10:32 AM

I'm sorry, I can't reveal that info. Our Treasury is almost like a Swiss Bank Account... I've built into it a lot of loopholes... the money comes in and the money is spent right away. It's not easy maintaining a 0 balance. eek

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/29/05 02:00 AM

just in case anyone missed this thread,
BUMP cool

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 01/29/05 02:44 AM

Well I think the Website looks great and I have already started hinting around to friends of an interesting project on the Island and they are very supportive of good causes... :rolleyes: laugh

your honor I know I have been remiss in my holistic duties on your blog but things are slowing down if anyone has questions.

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 02/01/05 10:09 PM

smile

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 02/04/05 09:50 PM

big congrats for everyone involved with the success of the new website.
thank you developers, hosters, designers and everyone else involved.

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 02/07/05 02:07 AM

Suggestion:

I went ahead and copy/pasted the Bio to an e-mail and sent it out to all addies in my book with a subject line of "extremely worthy cause" and added a request to send it on to their address books also....

Question: what is the cheapest way to get donated books to the island??

Re: Bio of San Pedro Social Club - 02/07/05 11:44 PM

denny - you can send my $4.73 now laugh
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board